“Most Excellent hotel and staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #4 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Ogden, Utah, United States
“Most Excellent hotel and staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Come one, come all...the amenities, rooms, food, and staff are everything you would want.
From my arrival to departure, AAA's all the way. I enjoyed the meals very much and my room service excellent.
I was attending work-related training and though "that" was stressful, I was easily calmed with the pleasant staff and environment.
One evening I actually made time to enjoy the hot tub and pool.
I saw children in the pool once but was never bothered with noise.
Honestly, I read the reviews before-hand and am extremely pleased to recommend this hotel too.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms look to the trees. My room was odd numbered on the 3rd floor facing the front/s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Agnes C,

We are delighted to learn that we were able to make your work-related stressful training week a bit more relaxed. Our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast is built with all the amenities and features that one needs for business or pleasure travel. Everything, right where you need it !!

Thank you for such wonderful compliments for our hotel and our team. The indoor pool and hot tub are indeed a treat after a long day's work or travel. After relaxing a bit, our Great American Grill restaurant and bar the perfect place to catch a meal and a cocktail. Room service is also available nightly along with our cook to order breakfast for $9.95 the following morning. Perfect combination for business travelers !! We will be awaiting your arrival on your next trip.

Ashish Desai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our annual trip from Cleveland, Ohio to Hilton Head, South Carolina. I picked this hotel because it is right off the highway, I-77 South and on the north east side of Columbia, South Carolina.
The hotel appears to be new, and it is just far enough away from I-77 that you won't hear the road noise. The hotel was busy when we checked in (August 9, 2013) but the front desk clerk was friendly, and assured me she had placed us in a quiet room, away from a large, family reunion that was going on.
The room was large, very clean and modern. The beds were super comfortable, and you could adjust them for comfort (from very firm to very soft, and everything in between).
We had a great nights sleep - I was worried about a few reviewers that stated that they were awakened during the night by a train that runs through behind the hotel, but although we were staying in the back of the hotel, and I am a light sleeper, I was not awakened by this. In fact, the hotel was very quiet, and I did not hear any noise from adjoining rooms, although they were occupied on both sides of us, and across the hall also.
The breakfast in the morning ($9 per person) was EXCELLENT ! Don't pass it by - a buffet with continental style items, and then you can order omelets, eggs, hash brown, and various breakfast meats from the waitress, and it is prepared fresh to your order. The server couldn't have been kinder, and more accommodating.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and this hotel, and can recommend it without reservation. By the way, we were with a group of 12, and everyone agreed with me.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite - very large, spacious and quiet. I believe there is a suite on each floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear mykidsmomCleveland,

Many thanks for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast on your way to Hilton Head and for posting Five Star review on TripAdvisor. Our location is easily accessible and our team is always ready to welcome weary travelers.

I am glad that you mentioned that there is train tracks behind the hotel and those guests may find it noisy may request room on front side. However, I could not agree with you more that not very many guests are bothered by the noise, most guests do not even know that there is train tracks behind the hotel and the train does run nightly. We were very busy the night of your stay and we did our best to assign guests in location that it would be convenient for both the family reunion guests and all of our remainder guests. I am delighted to hear that you did not hear any noise throughout the night. (The walls are packed with top class noise proof materials after all !!!)

Many of our guests under estimate the value of our cook to order breakfast. Those who would like to enjoy full breakfast, this is a wonderful value and our team sure knows how to take care of travelers ready to hit the road. You and your group of 12 can recommend us without any reservation and that is the biggest compliment we can get. Thank you.

We hope you make our hotel your regular stop for your annual trip to Hilton Head and hope you had a wonderful time on your trip to warm South Carolina.

Leeper
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Great place. We arrived late looking for a place to stay after a long days drive. Hilton as usual filled the need providing clean comfortable accomodations with the most pleasant helpful staff. We will return.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Holly D,

"Great Place." We could not have gotten a better compliment!! We appreciate your review and thank you for your warm words for our team. We will surely see you on your next visit.

Regards,

Deerfield Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great service, pleasant staff, newer hotel. Larger TV (which I use as a second monitor for my laptop). Very clean and comfortable design. Good variety of restaurants, but require 10-15 minute drive. I like Hilton Garden Inn hotels in general, but this one was a step above most others.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Francisco F,

Thank you for detailed review with so much information in fewer words and for selecting our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast. I am glad you were able to take advantage of large 42" HDTV, we also carry full lineup of 40 plus HD channel. Village at Sandhills is located conveniently just a short drive away with access to restaurants, shopping and movies !!!

We appreciate your review and hope to have you with us upon your next trip to Columbia, SC.

Regards,

Ashish Desai, GM
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This past weekend 08/17 - The Hilton Garden Inn hosted my mother's 50th birthday celebration. The service was superb! The Director of Sales, Amber Cobia was most helpful from day one of interest in this venue. The managers and staff who provided service the night prior and during the event were SUPERB! I could have not chosen a better place to host an event.

The rooms were excellent - clean, comfortable and affordable.

I will definitely be using this hotel for future events and stays.

Room Tip: Sign up for HH Honors and you are able to select your room preferences. The hotel will try their bes...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear krysjami,

We are delighted to be part of you family celebration and we appreciate the opportunity. Amber is truly very dedicated to meeting our guests' needs and she believes in making the experience go smoothly for each and every guest. F&B team led by Kevin and Jeron are equally up to challenge and they always make sure that expectations are met and exceeded.

We thank you for selecting our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast and for posting this wonderful review. We look forward to having you back with us for your future celebrations and accommodations needs.

Madison, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Front desk staff are awesome! Ashish and Kevin were great to work with and went out of their way to get me a great room and whatever was needed. Raven in the breakfeast area was also awesome and very attentive and friendly. Althought I tend to use Marriott's i'll stay at this hotel EVERY time in in Columbia SC for either busines or leisure.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear 76gregs76,

We are glad you stayed at our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast and our sincere thanks to team mate for booking with us!! It is great pleasure to know that guests who are very loyal to another hotel brand enjoyed their stay with us and will come back. All of our efforts are worth it and that is what hospitality is all about. Our team has some fantastic team members; Kevin and Raven are certainly on top their game each and every day.

It was such pleasure to meet you and we hope to have you back with us on your next business trip to Columbia, SC.

Eatontown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn was quite a lovely hotel, very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful but there are a few things that need your attention when staying there. First, request a room on the back side of hotel if you don't want to hear the noise from the street, and away from the elevators too. There is a train that goes through the neighborhood but only my husband heard it during the night so it was not too much of a problem for me. Second, if you don't like a very hard mattress, find the dials that change the firmness and set them to soft. Lastly, my biggest issue was an odor in our room which seemed to be from either the rugs, fabrics, furniture, or cleaning products that had a mildew-like scent which given the cleanliness of the hotel and it's relative newness, I can't imagine it was mildew or mold. However, it was strong enough that my can of Lysol and my perfume could not correct it and it kept me up most of the night. I am sure that the management of the hotel will investigate this, since they did seemed to be very attentive and concerned that our stay was satisfactory. I would recommend this hotel as long as you are aware of these issues, since for me having a clean place to stay is important and that I can assure you is the case here.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor, away from elevators and on the back side of hotel away from the str...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear a-picky-lady,

We thank you for selecting our property and for taking time to post this review to let us know how we are doing. We truly believe in providing all of our guests with the value and hospitality that Hilton is known for. Our team is committed to put forth nothing but the best for our guests and we take all comments and concerns very seriously from our guests.

Noise can be an issue if some is a light sleeper; however, the street in front of the hotel is generally very quiet after the evening rush. Upon your next visit please request a room on the front side, you may find it surprisingly quiet. There is a train that passes; however, very few guests have motioned it to us that they were bothered. I can understand how our GSS mattress can be a bit firm if someone is used to a a spring mattress, however, with the adjustment to soft, it will mold to body for both sleepers as the mattress can be adjusted for both sides.

I want to assure you that the odor is not from the mold/mildew. Our housekeeping team does a fantastic job in keeping our rooms ultra clean as we are ranked among the best in the brand. We have done some searching and found that the odor is caused from the a/c unit. The units are controlled with an energy saving thermostat and it will not run when room is not occupied. If a room goes unoccupied for a couple of days and temperature is maintained, the unit will not run at all causing a stagnate air and may produce an odor. Our engineering department tries their best to stay on top and we wash the units at least twice a year to keep them clean. We are one of the very few hotels that I have come to know that actually wash their a/c unit filters upon every check-out.

Your input is very valuable and I will be sure to share it with our team. We care about our products and services very much and I would welcome any suggestions you may have for us. Our team takes pride in what we do and we like hearing from our guests as it is the best way to learn and improve. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at 803.807.9015 or via email at GM.Columbia@HotelEvolution.net. Thank you again and we hope to have you back with us!!

Ashish Desai, GM

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast? Share your experiences!