“Truly and Adventure” 4 of 5 stars

Columbia, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“Truly and Adventure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I visited with my grandson, husband, son, and daughter-in-law. The adults enjoyed the exhibits and hands-on activities as much as my grandson. My grandson especially liked the butterfly exhibit. This is truly a family oriented venue that can also be used for birthdays. By all means, take pictures at all exhibits, especially the more than life-like statue (Ed) as you enter the facility.

Visited August 2012

Columbia, SC
5 attraction reviews
“Always fun!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have visited 3 times since our daughter has turned 3. I didn't realize how much she would have been able to enjoy when she was younger or else we would have starting visiting sooner. A little bit expensive to enjoy on a regular basis, but have joined a couple of birthday parties. Staff is never as friendly as I would expect for a children's place, but the manager was very nice to the mother of the last party, I'll mention that next. My daughter loves the play, I just find myself picking up after other kids. I wish each exhibit had their own staff member to keep it up. One thing that is always hard for her is the exhibits always are torn down from the last visit. She was really sad to see Clifford go & the next time we raced upstairs to see it and the entire area was closed for construction.

On our first visit was January of this year, a long day. We started at 1pm, but our daughter loved the mini-live like version of the grocery store and the veterinarian's hospital. The cafeteria area was a bit disappointing with what they had to offer, but the area was a nice size and a quiet break for the fun in the museum! To eat they only had sodas, sugar drinks and chips. That could have improved, i believe the person working said they had been wiped out, it was 4pm so maybe so. Overall, we had such a great time we closed the place down & couldn't wait to go back. Our little one really enjoyed the 3 & under room. A nice "time out" from the big kid zones. Word to the mom who doesn't like loosing sight to your little one... Ed is terrifying. My husband had to go in and pull her out. There is almost zero parental control in the life size version, but maybe for older kids it is okay.

On our second visit, the birthday party was nice considering we could stay and play as long as we wanted after the 2 hour block of the birthday room. However, we never heard the announcement to go upstairs and we missed out on lunch. The birthday boy also did not get his birthday parade, but the manager I mentioned above did a great job helping to "make it up" to him. There was only 3 of us left out of the 20 kids.

Our last visit was on family night. Almost free to get it. Very busy, so not good for your first visit, but was fun for the "veteran" 3 year old. However, the craft room and butterflies were not open. But we did get to meet some real fireman and have a little fire safety class. That was great.

We look forward to coming back again soon, she recently went for a "grandparents" day (4th visit this year) and loved the butterfly exhibit.

Visited March 2013
South Carolina
“Awesome children's museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We did a family and friends day out with our children. The children's ages range from 2 to 10 years old. There is plenty for children of all ages (up to 13) to do. They have specific areas just for toddlers and other rooms that are age friendly for all children. The supermarket, the milk factory, and the Leggo area were big hits with our group. We will definitely go again soon.

Visited July 2013
West Columbia, South Carolina, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Not my best trip.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

When my son was small, we would take him to Edventure frequently. He's 11 now, so we haven't been in a few years. I did, however, get the chance to take my cousin (who is 4) a few weeks ago. The place is still pretty awesome, and the kids love it. It has, however, gone down hill a little, which is to be expected. More of the toys were broken than used to be. It was also very crowded, so we had to miss a lot of the exhibits. Children weren't sharing. Kids were throwing "oranges" over in the farm section, and it was just a mad house. I won't make it a point to go back. But if those things don't bother you, it's a pretty cool place to go.

Visited June 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent Children's Museum in Columbia, SC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Spent several delightful hours with our adult children and 10 grandchildren (ages 2 to 10) at the EdVenture Children's Museum. So many educational and fun activities! Exploring the interior of "Eddie" was a big hit with the 4 to 11 year old boys! Spent about 3 1/2 hours at the museum. Highly recommend.

Visited July 2013

Been to EdVenture? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage EdVenture, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later