“A Pleasant Surprise in the Vista” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Original, Eclectic Little Oyster BarPearlz Oyster Bar is committed to serving only the best seafood South Carolina has to offer. Our Seafood Menu features an assorted mix of raw shellfish, local seafood, Lowcountry recipes, and regional favorites. Our raw bar offers a variety of oysters and fresh seasonal shellfish. We're also a part of the Sustainable Seafood Initiative, so eating at Pearlz is good for both the palate and the planet.A full-service bar serving the coldest beers and unique, refreshing cocktails, Pearlz has become a favorite happy hour meeting spot for both locals and visitors alike.Patrons looking for a nightcap and a bite to eat can order from our late night menu, which features several of Pearlz' signature dishes.
Greenville, SC
“A Pleasant Surprise in the Vista”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

With a few exceptions, I have found restaurants in the Vista to be overpriced and underimpressive. This week my husband and I decided to do something we NEVER do - bar hop! We chose three places in the Vista to which we have never been, and Pearlz was one of them. We just went in for a cocktail but, after taking a look at the menu, decided to stay on for dinner. The menu appealed to us because there were a lot of things other than full dinners from which to choose (fish tacos, salads, EXCELLENT SIDES, etc.). We were very pleased with the prices, the quality of the food, and our server. Not a single complaint, except perhaps a request that they put candles on the tables - it was so dark we (literally) could not read the menu. We will go back, for sure!!!

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

clemson
“Wonderful Seafood fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Loved the food!!! Fresh and light if you like. I enjoyed the special they had that particular night. They pay attention to detail and my partner had oysters and the waitress was happy to shuck for us.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, South Carolina
“FAVORITE SPOT!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

Pearlz in Columbia, SC has the perfect atmosphere for anyone to enjoy! My first visit in 2010 when they opened was so amazing that my fiance and I have been going back once a wek ever since. The food is excellent!! The staff is so nice and easy going. They make you feel like your part of their family. The managers Mike and Sammantha are the absolute BEST! Everyday there's different specialty entrees listed on the board and the oysters are delicious! My absolute favorite sides are the aspargus and red rice. I have referred many friends to this restaurant and they're all addicted. Rather your going out for a romnatic dinner, to watch the game or just have a night out the friends, Pearlz is the PERFECT spot!

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, South Carolina
“It's a shame the service has gotten so bad.. won't be back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I have eaten here many times since they opened. The food- especially oysters and fried shrimp has always been good to excellent.

The problem is the service. And it's a big one. The service has never been stellar here, but it's gotten so bad that it's just not worth going anymore.

The waitstaff- especially waitresses- seem to be hired more for looks than ability. What started out as a decent seafood restaurant is turning into a bar that happens to serve some seafood. Waiting tables can be a challenge but it's also not rocket science.

After having a waitress answer a menu question by reading off the special's board (slowly, like it was a struggle), then snatching menus out of a guests's hands and disappearing was just too much. I cannot believe a waitress in an oyster bar said the special: "Umm, it tastes like seafood.." Clueless and rude.

Maybe if you sat at the oyster bar and avoided the waitstaff you could have decent meal. For me, I'm done with the place. I get snapped at enough at work to have to put up with it from waitresses in a place I'm PAYING to be in. Never again!

• Visited April 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Hope you LOVE oysters”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

This resturant was moderately high. The seafood was fresh and good quality though. The bar staff was extremely chatty amd busy and very nice bit took forever to follow up on taking my order, returning the check etc...The oysters were extremel yummy and plump. On a Saturday nite this place turns a bit wild and loud. Oyster shooters everywhere and a large variety of liquid courage to choose from at the bar. I would go again..to eat..not on a Saturday night.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere