“WOW!! Great BBQ!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #209 of 840 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: South Carolina's Favorite Barbeque! Real BBQ, Cooked on our Hickory Wood-Fired Pits for 24 Hours!We cook our BBQ the old fashioned way, over hickory coals for 24 hours to optimize that smoky flavor with no preservatives or chemicals! Taste our Ribs, Chicken, & Brisket, and one of the Best Burgers in Columbia! Family Owned and Operated since 1953.
Cumming, Georgia
“WOW!! Great BBQ!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I always try to time our trips so we can have lunch at one of the best BBQ places we can find. Maurice's Piggie Park never lets us down. I love their barbeque sandwich's and so does my husband. He spent time in Columbia as a child so was familiar with a dish I had never heard of, it is called Rice and Hash and he can't find it in any other area. I know all about Corn Beef Hash but this is not the same. I think this is a Columbia, South Carolina special recipe and I might add a very good one. Needless to say Maurice's is our go to place for BBQ when we pass through Columbia, S.C.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Colorado
“Very unique sauce”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Was a bit nervous to try their mustard based BBQ sauce on my brisket but I always try to enjoy the local flavors when I travel. This turned out to be well worth the risk. It is far from overpowering and certainly compliments the very tender brisket. Price was typical BBQ and I would eat there again.

Visited February 2013
Lumberton, North Carolina
“Great Mustard BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Drove through here and stopped for lunch with wife and kids. I always like good BBQ. I have never had a bad BBQ sandwich here. I got the Big Joe (as always) and my son got a kids BBQ meal. My daughter got a hot dog meal as did my wife. My son loved the sandwich and he even stole my hushpuppies (which are not sweet). You can tell that the meat is pit cooked because of the flavor and the other good thing is that they chop it when you order which keeps the meat juicy. I would not hesitate to eat here and it would be nice if they expanded closer to I95 so that I could eat there more often. Oh and if you are a Carolina fan be sure to check out the stuff they have on their walls.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Marys, GA
“Old Diner and Dive Legend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Whenever I pass through Columbia, SC I try to time it around lunch so I can get some great barbeque from Maurices. Park under the old carhop area and go inside. Lots on the menu and all good. This is a place with personality. Last time, I got myself a bag of fresh pork rinds for the road ~ they were yummy to munch on for the long road trip.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lugoff, South Carolina, United States
“Maurice's on Two Notch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had not eaten at Maurice's in a couple of years, went there today a terrible mistake. The cheeseburgers used to be real good, not anymore. The hush puppies were awful, they were made with some kind of brown meal the worst I have had in a long time. I don't know why the food quality has gone down management I guess. I want be going back anytime soon.

• Visited September 2012