“Prices” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #552 of 840 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Japanese
“Prices”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I paid 13.00 for chicken teriyaki it was good but I maybe had 10 little bitty pieces of chicken. I was very upset. I will never go back again

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Columbia, South Carolina
“A local rates a locally-owned treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Most traveler reviews are based on a single experience; and perhaps a "bad day" occurrence for an otherwise excellent place. We "found" this cozy place about five years ago and visit about once, maybe twice a month. It is owned ay a father and his son. It is exceptionally clean, with great, quick service. Food is cooked to order and is properly served. Prices are very reasonable for the value received. Fresh sushi is made on site and to order. I usually have a filet mignon side with salad and soup and my wife has seared scallops with soup and salad. With a full bottle of red wine, the bill comes to about $45.00.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, South Carolina
“Lunchbox!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012 via mobile

Okay this isn't the best Japanese eatery in Columbia but who cares. They have a solid lunch menu and if you get the lunchbox you will be happy.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, SC
“Food was tasty but overall impression was disappointing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

My wife and I and 4 friends went to Fujiyah on Valentine's Day. She and the other two ladies had been twice before and enjoyed it so my experience may be a aberration. One couple decided to split an entree and theirs was the first to arrive. Approximately 10 minutes later, my meal arrived and, assuming it had just come off of the hibachi, I expected it to be hot. In fact, it was just warm and had apparently been sitting for a while. The other couple's meals arrived together about 5 minutes later and my wife's meal finally arrived 5 minutes or so after that. My wife stated that some of the vegetables in her meal were cold but also said that had never happened in any of her previous visits there. The first couple finished eating way before the rest of us and I had to let my meal cool off even more while waiting for my wife's meal so she would not have to eat alone. Recognizing that this may not be normal for this establishment, I was still disappointed by the service and the temperature of the food.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, SC
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

This is a little hole in the wall restaurant . It is located in a little area across from K-mart on Garners Ferry Rd. The food is delicious.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere