“Clean, but oversights that wouldn't bring me back” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #26 of 92 hotels in Columbia
Pittsburgh, PA
“Clean, but oversights that wouldn't bring me back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

I booked this hotel on Priceline and got a fair price. The hotel is very convenient off of I-77, which is why I booked the hotel because it was a stop over for us on our way to Florida. The hotel is very attractive from the outside. The lobby is new and clean. The staff was friendly. Our room was clean, newly renovated and modern. However there were some small damages in our room that had obviously been ignored that left me with a bad impression. After I washed my hands in the bathroom, the towel rack had come completely out of the wall when I went to dry my hands. I could tell that this wasn't the first time it had happened because there was a huge hole in the dry wall from the many times it had been pushed back into the wall. There was no way the maid could have placed a towel on this rack with out it falling out of the wall. Also, there was not a tub in our room but only a stand up shower with glass sliding doors. Both of the sliding doors were completely off the tracks when I went to take a shower that evening! Also, the standing shower is not convenient for families with young children who need baths. I probably would not stay at this hotel again, and would not use priceline in Columbia again for fear of being booked at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

We had an excellent experience at this hotel. Room was very nice and clean. Hotel staff were courteous, friendly and professional--more so than most hotels. We were given a complementary glass of wine with dinner and 500 extra priority points as a bonus. The room was modern and had free high-speed internet--which is becoming a must for us.
We stayed here while traveling between Florida and Ohio and were very happy with our choice of hotel. Highly recommend

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

I was nervous reserving this hotel due to reviews, but we took a chance. The reno's are done and the hotel was clean, staff was very helpful. We were leaving early in the morning and the security guard was still on duty, he assisted me to my van. Made sure that I was safe. We are going to book this hotel when we stop in Columbia again. Beds were very comfortable, washrooms were clean. The other reviews are old, sometimes it is worth taking a chance.

Stayed March 2008

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North? Share your experiences!