“Great Nights Sleep!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Florida
“Great Nights Sleep!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our family stayed here on our way back to Florida from West Virginia. This hotel is exactly half way between Central Florida & Snowshoe Resort West Virginia and is a great place to stay to break up the long drive. When we arrived I was promptly greeted by the friendly & professional front desk staff. I was impressed by the quick check in process and the clean modern conveniences of this hotel. I was also impressed by the newness of the hotel, I was expecting an older hotel for the very low rate we payed. The 2 queen standard room we stayed in was very new and modern and everything was well maintained. The beds & pillows were some of the most comfortable beds I have slept on in a hotel. The hotel parking lot is well lit at night and there are also many good restaurants to choose from very close to this hotel. I would definitely stay here again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear MoJo777,

Thank you for your recent review regarding our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to make your experience known to our staff and potential guests in the future.

We are always delighted to receive positive feedback from our customers. It is rewarding when our guests recognize us for our efforts to provide stellar service and accommodations and then takes the time to say thank you.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia N.

Amy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is Great if you want to stay in a clean and friendly environment the holiday inn on two notch road is the place to go there is Excellent customer service the food is great, in a very good location, amazing staff especially Jodi corp she has been amazing.I'd rate this hotel 5 stars.id say this has been the Best holiday inn yet.

• Stayed January 2013
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear NathanMontgomery,

Thank you for expressing your kind words and feedback about our hotel. We are striving to be the "best Holiday Inn yet" as you have stated we have already achieved. It is with feedback like yours that let us know when we are doing a good job and help us to improve where we can for our future guests.

We appreciate your continued patronage to our Holiday Inn while you are in the Columbia area. Next time you are here join us for dinner in The Living Room Lounge for a fun cocktail and some of our famous Carolyn's Carolina Chicken. You won't be disappointed!

We look forward to seeing you again real soon, NathanMontgomery.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in may hotels but Jodi is the reason i keep coming back to this one. She makes me feel at home when ever we walk through the door. The rooms are always excellent and clean. The only problem i have is the service in the on premise could use a little improvement.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Quinflem,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our staff and services at the Holiday Inn. We pride ourselves on maintaining a positive, friendly environment for all our guests. Rest assured your comments have been shared with Jodi and her staff.

We are also aware of the issues we are currently experiencing in our breakfast restaurant, 8105 Bistro. We are working diligently to provide a better customer experience for our guests who choose to dine in with us in the morning. In the future do not hesitate to approach me directly if you experience any further complications or a negative experience while using this venue.

We thank you again for your kind words and appreciate your loyalty to our hotel.

Warm Regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I travel a lot over the southeastern states and stay in many hotels but the welcome I get the Jodi at the Holiday Inn Suites makes me feel as if I'm not just a room renter without a face.
She always welcomes me with a smile and sometimes a high five to let me know that shes glad I'm back in the house. Whatever needs I may have she and the staff make sure I'm taken care of asap.
Nice rooms,breakfast staff and fitness area but the dining room staff could be a little bit more kind,all in all as long as Jodi's there with her smile I know I will be taken care of.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Ron J,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding Holiday Inn and Suites and Jodi. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn a leader in excellence.

In regards to the staffing problems with the breakfast servers, your comments were reviewed by hotel management and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature is not repeated in the future. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel approx 30-40 nights per year for at least 4 years. The staff has been very attentive, but Jodi has been one person that stands out. Each time I walk into the lobby, she acknowledges me and remembers my name. She most likely sees 100's of guests per week and it is impressive that she recognizes a face that is seen on occasion.

For the most part the entire staff has been very good and attentive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Jon G,

Thank you for your kind words about Jodi at the front desk. It is always our objective to provide a warm and inviting atmosphere to all our guests, new and frequent. We are pleased when our guests feel recognized and welcomed.

We'd also like to thank you for being a loyal PC member of Elite Platinum status. We appreciate your devotedness to our hotel and the brand.

Best Regards,
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The staff at the hotel are always very couteous. Tina in the Living Room Lounge takes great care of us, as well as Ms Claudia at the front desk. The staff is always cleaning the lobby and the rooms are always clean and neat. Location is just of I-77 and very convenient to Columbia and Fort Jackson.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Michael R,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how much you enjoy our hotel. I will be sure to tell Claudia and Tina that you mentioned them and appreciate the extra effort they put in each time to make sure all our guests feel at home.

Next time you are visiting be sure to check out the revamped dinner menu that is coming soon!!

Look forward to seeing you again.

Amy T.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I love this hotel. It has been remodeled and looks great...The staff is extra nice, but I have to point out one staff member in particular, Nigel, he went beyond my expectations. I was at the hotel for a Christmas function and he made sure that our every need was met.(not to mention he is very funny), Now a days good associates are hard to find.

Last but not least, this hotel had the best sliced roast beef I have ever had at any hotel/restaurant
Hats off to the chef. The dinner was fantastic.

I would highly reccomend this hotel. If you don't stay here, you won't meet Nigel and you will definately miss the boat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Keta F,

Thank you for your kind words about Nigel. He does do everything he can to make all our guests feel welcomed and make sure all their needs are met. We are delighted you were able to experience his greatness.

Please keep us in mind for dinner sometime since you enjoyed the roast beef for your Christmas party. We are open to the public every night starting at 530pm.

Best Regards,
Amy T

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North? Share your experiences!