“Trip for work” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #15 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
“Trip for work”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Had a meeting at USC. Hotel next to campus was booked so I went here. It was awesome. Beautifully decorated. Modern and clean. Nice sitting area, small refrigerator and microwave. Beds were great. Tv rotated so you could watch from sitting area or bed. Sliding doors on bath saved space. One bath had toilet and small sink and other bath had shower and larger sink. This would be great if there were 2 getting ready at same time. It would be a long walk to campus but is close to Carolina ale house and other food without driving

Stayed July 2014
SpringHillColaSC, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Markfnc,
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel and that the room layout worked well for you. Thank you for sharing your stay with other travelers. Hopefully this means we'll be seeing more of you when you visit Columbia!

Guest Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I love the Vista & this location puts you in the middle of it, with tons of restaurants within walking distance. The hotel has a spacious lobby and a nice complimentary breakfast. The gym is small but well appointed with free weights & several cardio machines. Rooms are a good size with separate living/work area. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kwhinson,
Thank you for the great review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will be able to accommodate you several more times when you come back to visit the Vista!

Kearny, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This all suites hotel is not close to the South Carolina campus. The campus is a mile uphill from the hotel and parking is not free nor plentiful near the campus. There are some restaurants and a Publix within walking distance of the hotel and plenty of parking at the hotel itself. Breakfast is included with your room but, it's not gourmet. This is a nice facility for a visit to Columbia and includes a pool!

Room Tip: Not recommended if you are planning to walk to the SC campus.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Fheagle,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry to hear the location didn't work well for you and your family, but I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel otherwise. Hopefully we can accommodate you again in the future if you are traveling through Columbia again.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

The Marriott accommodations & atmosphere were better here than at the USC Marriott Courtyard. If you have a car this is the place to stay. It's a short drive to campus, market & restaurants. Easy access to Harbison for dorm shopping. Rates were great last year.

• Stayed August 2013
SpringHillColaSC, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Edc21204,

I'm so happy to hear about your great stay at our hotel recently. Thank you for taking the time to review it on TripAdvisor. Hopefully, with a new student attending USC, we will be able to accommodate you and your family many more times in the years to come!

Conway, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were traveling through Columbia again and of course re-booked at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown. I have to say, of all my business and pleasure travel, this hotel has the friendliest staff throughout the property I have experienced! Of course, still a great value, clean and modern rooms with the convenience of a split bathroom - a big plus when traveling with family! My youngest daughter calls it our "little house." The free breakfast area is almost like a restaurant with plenty of seating, selection and kept well cleaned and stocked.

While within walking distance of the shops and eateries in The Vista, being next door to a Publix grocery store with in-room refrigerator and microwave, and a suite floor plan, it makes a budget conscious, time constrained, quick meal real easy.

Definitely added to my "favorites" in my Marriot App.

Room Tip: While not a terrible experience, try to get a room that doesn't have the window facing Huger St...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SpringHillColaSC, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Robert A,
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We certainly appreciate the wonderful review and the return business! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff. We are glad that you daughter feels comfortable and relaxed to make it your "little house." Also, love that we made it for your "favorites" list on your app! We hope to see you again soon!

Sumter, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary because of it's proximity to downtown (within walking distance) restaurants. It was perfect. This hotel is an excellent example of the SpringHill Suites chain and Marriott property. The lobby is bright and open with plenty of options for casual seating or eating the buffet breakfast in the morning. Our room was a two queen suite that was very roomy, modern and clean. The staff was friendly and it was no problem for a late check out the next day. We would definitely choose to stay here again for either a couples get-away or a family vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Heather A,
Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such an awesome review! I'm so glad you had such a pleasant experience at our hotel. Hopefully you'll be coming to Columbia again soon and we'll be able to accommodate you once again!

If you do come for a couple's weekend or family vacation there are numerous attractions and activities to choose from; we can certainly help you out!

Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

When I booked this room, I based my decision on price alone, because I can put up with much rougher conditions than my wife will accept, and Springhill Suites came up as the cheapest. But I was really surprised by the designed, modern look of the lobby, and then by the spaciousness and modern design of the room. It looked much more like a pricey Hyatt Place than the usual "two beds, a tired dresser and thrown-together design" you see in most inexpensive hotel rooms. The bed was very comfortable, and the curtains darkened the room well (one of my big hotel peeves). A couple of times during the night, some people were laughing/talking loudly as they walked down the hallway sometime in the night, but it was graduation weekend at USC, so that's to be expected.

I do have to agree with travelguyPA on one point— there were two "bathrooms" in my room--a toilet and a sink in one, and the shower and a larger sink in the other, and the frosted glass sliding bathroom doors would make it difficult for someone sleeping in the room to STAY sleeping if someone were using either room in the middle of the night. I was traveling solo.

The staff were universally helpful and outgoing (more than just basic "friendly"). I didn't have the breakfast, so can't comment on that— but I do feel I now have a home base whenever I'm visiting Columbia!

Green Features: The room had cards in the bathroom urging guests to save water by using their towels more than once.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SpringHillColaSC, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Gathering_No_Moss_1,

Thank you for giving us a thorough review and a great one at that. We are so glad that we were able to please one your big hotel pet peeves, the black out curtains! Also, thank you for the wonderful comment about our staff being more than just "friendly." We pride ourselves and work everyday to make sure each guests gets a "warm southern hospitality welcome" from each member team. Thank you again! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Maria Rodillo
Director of Sales

Been to SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown? Share your experiences!