“Loved this hotel and the staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #15 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
North Carolina
“Loved this hotel and the staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

This hotel has just exceeded my expectations! The price was great and it was near my meeting at the convention center, so that is why I booked it. But I will come back for the great friendly atmosphere, super staff all around, great breakfast, comfy clean big rooms plus I slept so wonderfully (beyond priceless....). I couldn't have found a better hotel! Easy walk up the street to excellent restaurants (they recommended the Blue Marlin and it was delicious) and shopping, and a plus to have the Publix market across the street. Easy to get to, and a great desk/internet/dining area within my room, fabulous TV - I will be back for certain! Glad I recommended it to my co-workers who also loved staying here (whew!) while in town for our meeting. Highly recommend this great hotel for attending meetings around town or just for fun in Columbia! I had a great visit.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

My son is enrolled at USC, we stayed here to go to orientation on campus.

Very nice modern hotel that is an area called the Vista, there are plenty of restaurants within close walking distance. Our room was well appointed, the bed was extremely comfortable with high quality bedding/linens. Separate shower and water closet semmed strange but ended up being convenient with 3 of us in the room.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

I wasn't expecting much upon arrival but have to say that I really liked this hotel! Its modern with clean lines and very tasteful. The rooms are great with a small kitchenette area, a sitting area and a desk that is semi-seperated from the bed room. I felt very comfortable here and the bed was perfect. The work out facility was nice and the staff were very friendly. Unlike another review, I did not find the breakfast "delicious". The pastries seemed old and the rest was ok- nothing great. The location is close to area of restaurants and stores- within walking distance including a very good tapas/wine bar!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

My husband and I stopped at this hotel at 3am on our way to vist family in Georgia. We were traveling with 2 very small children, and we wish we could've sayed here longer!! The staff (literally, ALL the staff) were the most friendly and helpful of any hotel we've ever stayed in. The rooms were a little modern for my taste, but they were functional, comfortable, very clean (even for small kids playing on the floor), and fairly large. They have free breakfast and it was actually very, very good. There was someone attending to the breakfast the whole time we were eating, and didn't clean up any of it until we were finished, despite the fact that we were there a little longer than when they were open for breakfast. Food was fresh and hot. We were only at this hotel for about 9 hours, but it really was the best experience we've had by far. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

We were trapped in here for 2 days straight due to the Winter Weather. The staff actually interacted and talked to the guests, unlike other hotels we have stayed in. We got an $85 per night rate since my father, like I have told you before, is in the SC State House. I liked everything about the hotel EXCEPT for the beds. The sheets were scratchy and the beds were as hard as a rock.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

We attended a football game at USC and stayed Friday and Saturday nights. This hotel was perfect. The front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. The hotel is new, super clean and room was spacious. The location is perfect, there are all kinds of restaurants and entertainment within easy walking distance. The only time we were in the car was to trip to the football game,

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
taylors, sc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

I arrived on October 25, 2010 and the indoor pool wa not working. I asked about it and they said they were waiting on a part. I stayed until November 4, 2010 before it was fixed. I don't know how long it was brokedn before I got there.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown? Share your experiences!