“Awesome service!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson

Save Saved
You added TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson
GreenLeadersBronze level
puerto rico
“Awesome service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 46 days. This place is really close to Fort Jackson. Makes an extended stay feel like you are close to home. Rooms have comfortable and the full equipped kitchen made my stay so much easier. The service in this hotel is exceptional, thanks to all the team, Justin, Nick at the front desk, these guys are the best ( thank you for all the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies every single day after gym time ) and Jeanine, thank you for being there in the mornings always great to hear you recommendations on what to do around Columbia. These rest of the team was great as well and always caring if I needed something. If you are looking for a place to stay while in training at Fort Jackson or Basic training graduation this is the place to go. I will definitely be staying in this hotel when I come back, not only for the great facilities but specially for the team and their great service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear JEISY,
Thank you for your kind words about TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. As you noted, every member of the staff works hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible. Thank you for mentioning specific team members that provided exceptional service. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Columbia.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
washington, dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 days to celebrate my stepson's graduation from Basic Training. Got an excellent rate, early check in, and late check out. Justin was fantastic! He moved us to a two-queen and sofa bed suite because he felt we would be more comfortable (traveling with our two teens) and really tended to us as first time visitors to Fort Jackskon. The night employee (I forgot jr name) was also great--I brought down 3 trash bags and asked her to point me to the trash bin--she refused to have me carry them and took them all herself! The amenities were fantastic! Nice pool, rocking chairs, picnic table and half court basketball too! A nearly breakfast is included--waffle making station, hard boiled eggs, and all the bagels, Danishes, cereal, yogurt, juice, and breakfast sandwhiches you can eat! :). Since our soldier hadn't had a home cooked meal in 11 weeks, we went down the street to the SuperWalmart and bought everything I needed to make him a hearty stew, rice, black beans etc--all cooked on the electric flat top range in the suite. PERFECT!! Will definitely stay at Towneplace Suites from now on!

• Stayed September 2013
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear rvc,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. I appreciate your kind words of praise and will be sure to pass your comments along to the appropriate supervisors and staff members. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will visit with us again on your next trip to Columbia.
Covington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and i stayed here on the way to Daytona Beach last Saturday night. I used a Marriott rewards certificate to pay for the stay. Upon check in, the polite young man at the front desk (sorry i forgot your name) immediately offered us an upgrade, which we gratefully accepted.

The hotel looks brand new inside and out, with the exception of the couch in our suite which looked dirty. I think is is due to the fact that this hotel does accept dogs.

The rest of the room was perfectly clean, very large, and very comfortable.

The included breakfast was typical, but very good.

We will definitely stay here again next time we are in this area!

Room Tip: the one bedroom suites have a queen size bed. You can get a king size bed in a standard room. FYI...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear R B,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. Each member of our staff works hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible. Our hotel is just over four years old and we have worked hard to keep it clean and in good condition. Marriott and our owners are aware of the pre-mature wear issues on the sofa arms and we are working to correct this issue. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel. I hope you will stay with us again upon your next visit to Columbia.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The property was very clean in the public areas and rooms. The room service personnel were very cordial and did what they were supposed to. I particularly want to compliment Dawn at the desk, and Jeanine at breakfast, they were both very nice, cordial, helpful and professional. The General Manager Robert Gantt was very helpful in assisting me to obtain, execute and return documents for a business transaction. The rest of the staff were also very friendly. The cleanliness of the hotel and friendliness of the staff reflect the management style of Mr. Gantt.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear webishop,
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us while you were in Columbia. I will share your comments about the staff with them. Our staff members work hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible and we are glad you were pleased with your visit. It is always my pleasure to assist our guests and I'm glad I could be of service to you in your business transaction. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Couldn't have asked for a better stay! Extremely friendly staff, especially Kim and Chase (I think that was his name) and Robert the GM of course. The room was spacious and comfortable, also very clean. The bed was comfortable and the kitchen was great! The treats in the room were an added plus and the shower/bathroom was great! I didn't take a dip in the pool, but it was clean and the pool area looked nice. The outdoor patio was nice. I would recommend this property to anyone visiting the area, and especially for extended stays!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Emily C,
Thank you for your kind words about TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. My staff and I enjoyed having your group stay with us. We work hard to ensure that all our guests experience the best stay possible and I'm glad to hear we met our goal.
Please come back to visit with us again!
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Everyone at this hotel went above and beyond to make our stay a very enjoyable and comfortable one. The breakfast hostess was always available if we needed anything. The desk clerks every day of our stay were very helpful in telling us about local places to visit. We were in town for our nieces graduation from Fort Jackson Infantry Training and also got to see some of downtown Columbia as well. Most days we were able to park right by the front door and that made it very convenient, if it rained. Everything in the room was perfect as well. The large bathroom and closet space made it very handy for hanging up our clothes for the day ahead. We didn't get to see Robert, the General Manager until our last day, but we told him how everyone had been wonderful to us on our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear ziggysdad2013,
Thank you for your kind words about TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. It was my pleasure to speak with you while you were here and I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. As I told you before, we are extremely proud of our military families and appreciate the sacrifices their loved ones make for our country. We love having the familes of Fort Jackson graduates stay with us. We are well equipped to provide you with a home away from home so that you can spend more time enjoying your visit with your new soldier. Again, thank you for your comments. We hope you will come stay with us again if you are ever in the Columbia area.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed there for a meeting. Love all the employees I met, they were super friendly. Thank You Robert (GM) for all my treats you give me while I attending the meeting. And sending love to Nick and Unnati, it was a pleasure meeting you guys. And also like to say thank you to the breakfast host (can't remember her name) but she was so sweet and help me to make a waffle for the first time. She always had a smile on her face. I would stay here again if I had to stay in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear backstreetgirl2013,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We enjoyed having your group stay with us and use our meeting space. It is always a pleasure for us to host groups. Each member of our staff works hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us. We hope you will come back and visit with us again in the future.

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson? Share your experiences!