“Great Hotel and Service, Highly Recommend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson

Save Saved
You added TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ocala, Florida
“Great Hotel and Service, Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The property was very clean in the public areas and rooms. The room service personnel were very cordial and did what they were supposed to. I particularly want to compliment Dawn at the desk, and Jeanine at breakfast, they were both very nice, cordial, helpful and professional. The General Manager Robert Gantt was very helpful in assisting me to obtain, execute and return documents for a business transaction. The rest of the staff were also very friendly. The cleanliness of the hotel and friendliness of the staff reflect the management style of Mr. Gantt.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear webishop,
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us while you were in Columbia. I will share your comments about the staff with them. Our staff members work hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible and we are glad you were pleased with your visit. It is always my pleasure to assist our guests and I'm glad I could be of service to you in your business transaction. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Couldn't have asked for a better stay! Extremely friendly staff, especially Kim and Chase (I think that was his name) and Robert the GM of course. The room was spacious and comfortable, also very clean. The bed was comfortable and the kitchen was great! The treats in the room were an added plus and the shower/bathroom was great! I didn't take a dip in the pool, but it was clean and the pool area looked nice. The outdoor patio was nice. I would recommend this property to anyone visiting the area, and especially for extended stays!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Emily C,
Thank you for your kind words about TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. My staff and I enjoyed having your group stay with us. We work hard to ensure that all our guests experience the best stay possible and I'm glad to hear we met our goal.
Please come back to visit with us again!
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Everyone at this hotel went above and beyond to make our stay a very enjoyable and comfortable one. The breakfast hostess was always available if we needed anything. The desk clerks every day of our stay were very helpful in telling us about local places to visit. We were in town for our nieces graduation from Fort Jackson Infantry Training and also got to see some of downtown Columbia as well. Most days we were able to park right by the front door and that made it very convenient, if it rained. Everything in the room was perfect as well. The large bathroom and closet space made it very handy for hanging up our clothes for the day ahead. We didn't get to see Robert, the General Manager until our last day, but we told him how everyone had been wonderful to us on our stay.

Dear ziggysdad2013,
Thank you for your kind words about TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. It was my pleasure to speak with you while you were here and I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. As I told you before, we are extremely proud of our military families and appreciate the sacrifices their loved ones make for our country. We love having the familes of Fort Jackson graduates stay with us. We are well equipped to provide you with a home away from home so that you can spend more time enjoying your visit with your new soldier. Again, thank you for your comments. We hope you will come stay with us again if you are ever in the Columbia area.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed there for a meeting. Love all the employees I met, they were super friendly. Thank You Robert (GM) for all my treats you give me while I attending the meeting. And sending love to Nick and Unnati, it was a pleasure meeting you guys. And also like to say thank you to the breakfast host (can't remember her name) but she was so sweet and help me to make a waffle for the first time. She always had a smile on her face. I would stay here again if I had to stay in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear backstreetgirl2013,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We enjoyed having your group stay with us and use our meeting space. It is always a pleasure for us to host groups. Each member of our staff works hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us. We hope you will come back and visit with us again in the future.
Clintwood, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Awesome hotel , staff was wonderful. Gm made us feel at home and all the staff always had a smile. My friends and I had a test to study for and the sales manager went out of her way to help us out . Property very clean I was definitely impressed

• Stayed August 2013
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear sleepinnclintwood,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff. It is our goal that every guest experience the best stay possible. I'm happy to hear that we impressed you and your classmates during your stay. We hope you can come visit us again very soon.
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights for daughter's graduation from Fort Jackson. The hotel was clean, great value for family needing a little extra room and had a very nice breakfast included daily. Location was 5 minutes from Fort Jackson, which worked out great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Marty J.,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. We work hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible and we love having the families new Fort Jackson Graduates stay with us. We are proud of their accomplishments and greatful for their service. While we recognize that many guests that visit for army graduations may never be in our area again, we hope that if you do return, you will come stay with us at TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson.
Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Whenever I come to Columbia to visit the base, I often stay at this hotel because it is very clean and everyone makes you feel right at home. Great value for the money. Excellent location. It's very clean, excellent service.

Dear Travis T.,
Thank you for your kind words about TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. Our team focuses on providing each guest with the best possible experience during their stay. I'm happy to hear that you like our hotel and hope to meet you upon your next visit with us. Thanks for your loyalty to our hotel. Come back and visit with us again soon.

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson? Share your experiences!