“Clean, convenient and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson

Save Saved
You added TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   250 East Exchange Blvd, Columbia, SC 29223   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 92 hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“Clean, convenient and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at the Towne PLace Suites in Columbia SE / Fort Jackson for one night on a business trip. I didn't spend much time in my room but enough time where I can honestly say that I would stay here again without thinking twice about it. Check in was seemless and friendly. My room was very well appointed. This hotel is rather new and the kitchen is actually one you could cook in. I checked out the cookware, utensils etc and there's everything you need to prepare a meal. This would come in handy when heading down south for a trip with the family or for extended business trips when you get to the point that you're sick of dining out. My bed was comfortable and there's a lot of storgae space if you need to unpack and stay awhile. They have an outdoor pool and a small exercise facility. They offer a free continental breakfast but I opted for a ham and cheese omelette at the Waffle House which is right around the corner. That brings me to my last point, which is that this hotel is right off route 77 at exits 9a-9b. This is great because it's so much easier to get to the other side of Columbia on 77.

Don't forget to try the local bbq. South Carolina mostly uses a mustard based bbq sauce on pork and it's really good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear NewYorkDon67,
Thank you for your kind words! The staff of TownePlace Suites Columbia/Fort Jackson works very hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible. We try to embody the term "Southern Hospitality" and make our guests feel at home. You are correct that our suites are designed for those guests that need more space as our rooms are 30% larger than standard hotel rooms. We provide the cookware and utensils so that you can prepare your own meals in your room, if you desire, or we can recommend some local favorites, including some great South Carolina style barbeque. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return to visit us again soon!

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

By far the best hotel we have stayed at so far, and the staff was excellent! They really went the extra mile to make us feel welcome. We enjoyed the extras the hotel had to offer, like a beautiful outside gas firepit where this time of the year anybody can enjoy a glass of wine under the beautiful stars and keep warm, we did that everynight!

• Stayed February 2013
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear bethzaidar,
Thank you for your kind comments. At TownePlace Suites Columbia/Fort Jackson we work hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible. Our employees are always glad to assist you in any way possible. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We look forward to your future visits.
Ware Shoals, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at the TownePlace while visiting my son at Fort Jackson for Graduation. It is very well located to Fort Jackson and the surrounding area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was also very well maintained and cleaned. I had booked a double queen room and was upgraded at no additional charge to a suite. This worked well since there are 3 people in my party; this allowed everyone to have their own space (and TV to watch). The kitchen was very nice (even though we didn’t need it). It would be a great room to stay for long term but also for a overnight trip. The breakfast was great and there was plenty of setting. I will stay there again if I am in that area again!

Room Tip: The hotal is right off of I-77 but you would never know it. Also ask for a "high floor room&quo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Bonnie B,
Thank you for your kind words! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at TownePlace Suites Columbia/Fort Jackson. Our staff work hard to ensure that every guest has the best stay possible. We are glad you chose our hotel and look forward to your next visit.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was the second time I have stayed at a TownePlace Suites and it will be my go to hotel in the future. Having a kitchen and sofa just makes the stay more homey. The location was perfect - easy on and off I-77, and was attractive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Deni T.,
Thank you for your kind words! TownePlace Suites is designed for guests who need more space - our rooms are 30% larger than most hotel rooms. My staff and I work hard to ensure that every guest has the best experience possible and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit with us. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice in Columbia!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here for only one night while in town for a job interview. It was very nice. Room was clean and updated with plenty of space. Hotel staff was polite and friendly. Easy check-in and check-out. Great breakfast- variety of hot items (eggs, biscuits, waffles, etc.) Definitely great for a long-term stay- has full-size fridge, microwave, and burner range. Large room with desk area. VERY comfy bed. There is a cute little (and convenient) snack area in lobby which allows for purchase of drinks, snacks, paper, etc.

I would suggest that they add a full length mirror. Bathroom was smaller than some I have stayed at but definitely still okay. Also, if traveling to this hotel, know that it was a little hard to find off the interstate. I could see the building and the sign but could not figure out how to get to it! It is back behind other hotels which is actually nice once you are back there but a little confusing at first.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear dg8372,
Thank you for your kind comments. Even though our TownePlace Suites by Marriott is almost 4 years old, we work hard to ensure that every guest has the best stay possible. We have worked hard to maintain our hotel and often hear comments from guests about our "new" hotel. We are proud that we can offer our guests rooms that are 30% larger than those found on other hotels. Our brand designed our rooms with the extended-term businesss traveler and family in mind and each includes a full kitchen - our suites even have ovens! To our disadvantage, we are not easy to find, but we think we are well worth the effort and we're glad you think so, too! Just give us a call if you need help getting to us. Once you do get to our hotel, we are happy to share the "local shortcuts" that make travel in our area easier. With regard to the mirror, we are in the process of installing full length mirrors in our suites. It is my hope that we can do this with all of the rooms within the next year or so. Again, thank you for your kind words. My staff and I hope to see you again soon!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I found the hotel to be quiet, clean, and pleasant. I would definitely stay there again. I was in Columbia for a training class and the other participants who stated in the hotels in that general area were complaining about their hotels, but I had a good experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear rawband,
Thank you for your kind comments. The staff of TownePlace Suites by Marriott work hard to ensure that every guest experiences the best stay possible. I am happy to hear that your experience at our hotel was a good one and hope that you will return to visit with us again very soon!
Fort Mill, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a girl's night while attending a concert. It was not convenient to concert venue at all. Or any place worth going out. Our room faced I 77 and it was really loud. It was hard to sleep with noise from traffic. Some of the caulk in shower was black. Overall just ok.

• Stayed January 2013
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Shannon4444,
I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our hotel was less than exceptional. Please rest assured that the staff of TownePlace Suites is taking action to correct the issues you mentioned in your review. We take all guest comments and suggestions seriously and are working to ensure that each guest experiences the best stay possible. Please contact me at the hotel so that I might get additional details about your stay and assist you further. It is our desire to ensure that all guests depart with the feeling that they would definitely stay with us again and that is our ultimate goal. Thank you for your input.

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson? Share your experiences!