“Noisey neighbors” 2 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson

You added TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sims
“Noisey neighbors”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed here to see my daughter graduate from Fort Jackson Army Base what a nightmare.Nice place even smelled new.But once we got in our room all we heard was boom boom boom from the room above us.well we weren't going to sleep right then so I said if it doesn't quit by eleven we'll complain well at eleven it stopped so no problem went to sleep.At 0500 in the morning it was back the same boom boom boom constantly so at 0530 we called down to complain she said sorry but did nothing finally at 0600 I got up and got ready and checked out.When we went to checkout she said well I went upstairs and listen at the door to see if I could hear anything but didn't so she didn't call them she didn't knock on the door and say hey somebody underneath you is complaining about a noise from your'e room nothing so basically calling us liars in my book well let me tell you something Marriot I will never stay at any of your hotels ever again and I usually stay at 3 to 4 hotels a year this was the only time I've complained and the worse stay I've ever had anywhere thank you very much.

Room Tip: If you stay stay on top floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear khelms45,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at TownePlace Suites by Marriott. I am sorry to hear there was a noise issue during your stay. Please rest assured that corrective actions have been taken to ensure all our guests receive the best possible stay. TownePlace Suites was voted #1 Mid-Scale Extended Stay brand by Business Travelers for the last 2 years and we work to ensure all our guests receive the best possible service during their stays. It is our hope you will return to visit with us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our swim club uses this hotel for our guest officials visiting from out-of-town. They ask to return here for every visit! The feedback we receive on their stays is always superb. The Sales Manager, Mary, always goes out of her way to accommodate everyone. Very nice suites and close to downtown! Southern hospitality and very clean and spacious!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Richkid99,
Thank you for your kind words! While TownePlace Suites is designed as one of Marriott's Extended Stay brands, we always welcome short term guests such as your groups. We are proud to host teams, officials, and groups during their stays in Columbia and we welcome the opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future. It is always a pleasure to have your groups stay with us! Thank you!
Clinton, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed in this location for approximately 2 weeks. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was very clean. I enjoyed having breakfast every morning at the establishment. I will most definitely stay at this location again. I am scheduled to visit Columbia, SC area next year and plan to make arrangements to stay at this location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear SouthernSipGirl,
Thank you for your kind words! As you know, TownePlace Suites is one of Marriott's Extended-Stay brands and as such, we work hard to ensure that all our guests, both Extended-Stay and Short-Term, receive the highest quality service possible. Our staff takes great pride in making our hotel feel like your home away from home and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your visit next year!
Clinton, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at this location for approximately 3 nights to attend my mother in laws funeral on October 1, 2012. Note that the staff was very accommodating and offered me a good rate for a party attending a funeral. The rooms were designed for persons that plan to stay for an extended period. They were nicely decorated but they need to change the dingy furniture in the living room areas and clean the rooms extensively daily. I attempted to put my son on the sleep sofa in the living room and when I pulled it out I found dirty underwear, socks and trash. I was totally shocked because this hotel came highly recommended by other travelers. I informed the front desk staff and was given another room but I asked to review the room before taking it. The next room had blood on the sleep sofa mattress or a stain that appeared to be blood. I was upgraded to a two bedroom suite because I refused to let my son sleep on the dingy dirty sofa beds. I think that cleaning at this hotel is a problem because they will only clean the rooms in detail if you stay 5 days or more. Otherwise they just change the towels and make up beds and wash dishes in the sink. Also this is is a fairly new hotel that built in 2009 but they have to replace furniture when things become tattered.

Room Tip: Check the ooms before to settle in.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Kelly M,
Thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. Indeed, we are designed for extended-stay guests who want to have more options in their accomodations, but have many one-night stay guests, as well. Our hotel provides full-clean service once per week on extended stay rooms and we refresh each and every room every day for those extended-stay guests. We provide fresh towels, make the beds and do light cleaning during this refresh service. Each room receives a full clean upon guest checkout. Please rest assured that the housekeeping concerns you mentioned have been addressed with supervisors and employees and steps have been taken to ensure no other guests experience those same issues. We take pride in providing the best possible service to our guests and are glad we could assist you during your recent loss. Again, thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites!
Salisbury, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel was clean and comfortable, andt he TV was very nice. However, the channel selection was very limited. After a restful night's sleep, the hot breakfast was also very good. I would certainly stay here again, if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear FSB47,
Thank you for your kind words! At TownePlace Suites, we work hard to ensure our guests have the best possible experience and we're glad you chose to stay with us! We have recently switched to HD programming for our TVs and TimeWarner is working to expand our channel selection. We are hopeful that we will see additions to TWC's channel line up soon. Again, thanks for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit!
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I recently stayed at this well located hotel for a week when my son moved to the Columbia area for employment. There was a small but nice kitchen in the room, laundry facilities, a fitness room and nice pool and terrace area on the property.
The Sales Director and front desk staff were exceptional. A complimentary hot breakfast was offered and the woman in charge of the breakfast was very knowledgeable about the Columbia area. I have rarely received such great service at a hotel. I look forward to staying here again when I come to visit my son.
Thanks to all of the staff for such a great stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear LisaVirginia, Thank you for your kind words. The staff of TownePlace Suites works hard to ensure all our guests feel right at home while staying with us. We take great pride in helping you to have a great stay and we are happy you enjoyed your visit with us. Thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites as your home away from home right here in Columbia! We hope to see you again soon!
Tybee Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We just stayed here for two nights and had a great time. The front desk staff was wonderful - extremely helpful and friendly. Very clean and quiet. We enjoyed the pool and the outdoor patio in the back. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Lisa G,
Thank you for your kind comments! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at TownePlace Suites Columbia SE/Fort Jackson. We work hard to ensure our guests have the best experience possible at our hotel and hope you will return to stay with us again very soon. Whether for one night or a month or more, our hotel is designed to make you feel right at home the Marriott way.

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson? Share your experiences!