“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson

You added TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Winter Garden, Florida
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My daughter and I stayed one night on July 20, 2012 on our way from Florida to PA. I was very pleased with the hotel and accomodations. Great access from I-77 and I-26. The hotel is new, clean and modern. The room had a great layout with a kitchen with full refrigerator and a great breakfast. Very nice staff and easy check-in and check-out. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Helen A

We greatly appreciate you sharing you recent review of your stay at our hotel. The TownePlace Suites/SE/Fort Jackson just celebrated its 3rd year of opening and we have continued to maintiain our hote with its cleaniness and a great staff to welcome each guest. Marriott is known for their great customer service and our hotel was recently selected by Marriott as a "Silver Circle Award Winner" in overall Customer Service.

Our staff takes pride in each departmentto make sure that our guest have a "great place to stay" while in Columbia SC. Enjoying our DeLuxe Continential Breakfast is a great way for our guests to enjoy before traveling to their next destination. With our hotel just adjacent to Interstate 77, you have access to all other interstates to travel around our city.

Again, our staff appreciates you choosing the TownePlace Suites/SE/Fort Jackson for your hotel accommodations and if you are traveling in our area again, please allow our team to make your next reservation.

Have a great day!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

If you're a business traveler limited by corporate or government rate limits, this is about as good as it gets; clean, reasonably-sized room with kitchen. Get a room facing the rear due to extreme floodlights on the front at night. The staff was unfailingly polite and helpful. Long-term guests had to move for carpet cleaning during my stay, which they should have warned us about at reservation time. That failure to warn guests was obviously a management decision, so my team will be dusting off the Hilton Honors accounts next trip: people join brand loyalty rewards programs to avoid such inconveniences.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for your review on the TownePlace Suites by Marriott. Our staff takes pride in asssuring that our guests are comfortable and that our team is here to assist during your stay.
We are so sorry that we had to move the guests during our carpet cleaning of the hotel during your stay. Our guests are always number one while you are with our hotel and we know that having a great hotel is where we shine in the Marriott brand.

Again, thank you for choosing our hotel for your extended stay and we look forward to accommodating you if the need arises in the future.

lady lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We spent the night here on July 4, 2012. It was very clean and well run. From check in to breakfast and check out I had no complaints. We were traveling north on I77 and the location could not have been better.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the TownePlace Suites/SE/Fort Jackson for your hotel accommodations. We take pride in our hotel and as you stated that we offer our guest a very nice stay while they are either in town for one night or an extended stay. I will sharing this with our staff so that they will know how pleased you were during your stay.

Again, thank you for staying with our hotel and if you are in the area again, please allow the TownePlace Suites to make your next reservation.

Have a great day!

boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We recently stayed at Marriott Towne Place Suites. I booked out baseball team in the hotel as we were traveling to a tournament at USC. From the moment I picked up the phone and spoke to the Director of Sales, Mary Medlin I knew we were going to have a perfectly smooth stay. Mary was so helpful in booking rooms and helped to meet the all the needs that a traveling baseball team would need. The staff was wonderful, from the front desk to the housekeeping staff. The rooms were exactly what we needed!! They were well decorated and immaculately clean. Anyone with a group should definately feel comfortable staying here. We will definatley come back to this hotel if we are in a tournament in the area!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Pignap:

It was my pleasure to assist in making your reservations for your team's hotel accommodations. From the moment that we first spoke, until the day of your arrival I want my guest to feel at ease with making their arrangements with our hotel as smoothly as possible. Maintaining our hotel is where we shine in the Marriott brand. Being voted as a Silver Circle Award Winner by Marriott in guest service shows that our staff goes beyond to make your stay a memorable one.

Again, it was my pleasure working with you and when the season rolls around in 2013 for your traveling team, please give me a call and I will be more than happy to make those reservations for you.

Have a great summer.

Columbia SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My house caught on fire back in February of this year and our adjuster put us up at the TownPlace by Marriott. They had put us up at the Candlewood prior and it was Awful.
The Townplace suite we had was so bright and cheerful a nice size living area and kitchen seperated the two bedrooms. Each bedroom had a phone and a flat screen tv and also a phone in the bathroom. The applicances were regular size not a mini fridge or one eye stove. Breakfast was served in the morning and most evenings they had something planned. Pizza or a fire in the pit, basketball and there was an onsite workout room.
What really made this for me was my mother who is 94 had to be left for short periods of time by herself and she was not used to the set up and the manager allowed me to have a lift chair brought in for her and the staff also lowered the bed for mom bc it was too high. The staff was never intrusive but always helpful. Also one day I called the room from work to check in on mom and there was no answer. Panic set in but I called right back asking for the room again thinking she might have falled asleep. What I did not know till that night was when the manager heard me ring back again she immediately sent someone up to check on mom to make sure she was ok. This was the greatest source of comfort towards me The staff also got to know their guest and greeted by names when we return "home" in the evening.
Mom and I spent afternoons in the dining area drinking Earl Gray Tea and having a grand time talking.
Very clean, near a lot of good restaurants and things to do. But the staff is what made it. Did I mention the nice warm cookies in the afternoon???

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Kathy P:

Thank you for sharing your experience with our staff. Making our guests feel that the TownePlace Suites/SE is your "Home away from Home" is so true. This was a tragic accident that brought you to our hotel, but during your stay our staff made a true friendship with you and your mother.. The day that I received the call that you could not get your mother to answer the phone, I immediately sent JP our front desk staff member up to your room to make sure your mother was fine. When you arrived that afternoon, you could not thank our hotel for the prompt attention that we took and helping you. This is only one way that the TownePlace Suites makes all of our guest part of our family while you are in our hotel. 100% Guest Satisfaction is what Marriott strives. for all of our guests during their stay.

We hope that everything has settled for you and your mother and if the need arises in the future, please allow our hotel to make your next reservation.

Have a great summer and stop by one afternoon for some warm cookies and tea with our staff!

Litchfield, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here from June 6th - June 9th 2012. We stayed for my daughters Army BCT Graduation. There were 4 of us in a two bedroom with kitchen and living room. Very clean, spacious and current. Breakfast was more than sufficient including, make your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, breakfast meat, fresh fruit, cereal and the list goes on. Coffee not so good but who cares! Great pool, basket ball court and fire pit to sit around at night. Overall I would try another TownPlace Suites based on my experience with this first impression. The beds are kind of small with the two bedrooms!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Please let your daughter know that the staff at the TownePlace Suites is very proud of her on her graduation from Fort Jackson BTC. When Thursday rolls around after graduation it is exciting to see each soldier come thru our doors to know that they have a wonderful future before them and this is only the beginning.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with our staff. We truly want each one of our guest to feel at home while they are visiting in the Columbia area. Making the TownePlace Suites your home away from home during your stay is important to our staff to make sure you were able to enjoy our DeLuxe Breakfast, the outdoor swimming pool and the overall amenities that each room features to our guests.

If you are in the area in the future, please allow our hotel to be your home away from home!

Hernando, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This hotel was much better than i could have ever imagined. The suites were fully furnished. The beds were more than comfortable. The room/suite was very large so I did not feel cramped. It was more like a home away from home than a hotel room. The breakfast bar was one of the best that I have tried. The small marketplace in the lobby was better stocked than any other hotel that I have visited. The staff was excellent and very friendly. I was there for my son's graduation from Army boot camp and the staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. I do not know if I will return to the Columbia, SC area anytime soon but if I do I will stay at this hotel and I can promise that I will look for this chain hotel whenever and wherever I travel in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Thank you for choosing the TownePlace/SE/Fort Jackson for your recent hotel accommodations while you were in the Columbia SC area. We take pride in reviews like yours on TripAdvisor to share with our staff, along with other guests that may be needing hotel accommodations in the future. Our hotel was built for every guest to feel at home with all of the amenities that we have to offer our guests. As you stated that the TownePlace is a "Great Hotel" and our team members would like to thank you for sharing all of the great compliments that you gave to our hotel.

If you are in the Columbia SC area in the near future, please keep in mind the "Great Hotel" that you chose while you were in the Columbia area and we will be more than happy to make you feel at home again.

Director of Sales

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson? Share your experiences!