“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson

You added TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

We spent the night here while driving to FL. Room was very nice and clean to include the bathroom. Staff was helpful with the check-in and restaurant recommendations. Breakfast was good, but nothing special...pretty much the standard chain-hotel breakfast buffet fare. Nice workout room!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Our staff makes each guests stay an enjoyable one during the time they are in house. Marriott strives to make their hotel the standout in customer service and it truly shows that the TownePlace Suites has shown our guests this upon arrival at the hotel. Each guests room is well kept and our staff goes beyond to make it very clean during your stay.The complimentary breakfast does give our guests a variety of items to select from and we are happy that you expressed your concern about serving the same items as other hotels. Effective November 1 our hotel has changed the food selection to better serve our guests.

The staff and I would I to thank you for staying with our hotel and if you are traveling in our area in the near future, please allow us to make your reservations at the TPS.

Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Queens,ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

My family and I stayed here during one of our visits to Columbia. The staff was excellant as well as very clean inside and out, the food was great also. We will surely make this our hotel when visiting our daughter, it is convient to the USC campus as well as other shops and dining.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thank you for the compliment that you have given our staff in regard to your visit to the TownePlace Suites. Our beautiful hotel expresses itself when you arrive with the beautiful design of our hotel. . We do realize that while you are in town visiting your child that you would like a hotel that will make you feel comfortable and safe during your stay. This is what our entire staff strives to make happen during your stay. I am so happy to hear that your daughter is a student at USC and I know that your are very proud of the accomplishments that she has taken to attend this school.

Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. Please call me personally and I will assist you with making your future reservations...

Have a great holiday season!
rhode island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I come to Columbia to visit my daughter at USC and always try to book at this location first because I feel very safe here. The staff gets to know you and they are friendly and very professional. The building still holds a new look to it and the room has everything I need. It is off Rt. 77 which is perfect for me and close to some larger store shopping stores such as Target and Walmart. To stay here you need a car since it is located approximately 10 minutes from downtown Columbia and in a busy commercial area but parking is free as opposed to hotels downtown. Driving is also required to go out to dinner since there are no good restaurants in the area. However, you can't beat the price for all that it offers.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you so much for the great compliment to our Staff and the TownePlace Suites.

"Home away from Home" is a true statement that our entire Staff makes each guests feel upon arrival at our hotel. Selecting our hotel again only shows that our Staff met your needs while you were in Columbia to visit your daughter. Our number one pride is maintaining the overall cleaniness and safety during your stay. We thank you for assuring our staff that we met all of your needs.

Again, thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your accommodations and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Go Gamecocks!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Great value- I have stayed all over Columbia, This is the best.GREAT VALUE, VERY CLEAN, Very friendly staff, Great breakfast HOT. Cool atmosphere, Close off highway but no noise, POOL IS KEPT CLEAN, GREAT WORK OUT ROOM.

Room Tip: All Rooms are great unique place to stay for work or family.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Thank you for sharing with my staff and myself that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. Our staff each day makes our guests number one while they are staying with us. From our great breakfast to helping our guests with directions to our Military Base or to a great restaurant, we strive to make your stay at our hotel the best.

If you or your family are in the Columbia area again, please give us an opportunity to make your hotel reservations with us.

Have a great day and thank you again for choosing the TPS in Columbia!
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Stayed here for one night with husband and teenage son. Chose this because of the separate living area with sleep sofa. Spotlessly clean, roomy and worked well for us. The sleep sofa was very small, a twin, I guess. Full kitchen which we didn't need, but if you're a business traveler staying for awhile, it would be great. I have to say that although the furnishings were new and everything was clean, it was one of the ugliest rooms I've ever stayed in. Felt like I was living in a circus tent or something. Just not my taste, but for one night, it was fine.
Nice complimentary breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Thank you for sharing with us that we met your expectations during your stay at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Columbia.
Spotless is where we stand out above all other hotels. During your stay.we strive to make cleaniness our top priority for our guests. Our colorful rooms are designed to brighten up yourday at our hotel.
Again, the staff and I appreciate you choosing our hotel for your accommodations while you were in Columbia and if you or your family are in our area again, please allow us to provide your hotel accommodations.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I would like anyone that is going to stay in Columbia S,C to know this TownePlace Suites off E Exchange Blvd is wonderful. I travel for a living and would not stay anywhere else. I also bring my family. The kids love the pool and basketball court. Breakfast is great with many choices. Very "clean" modern hotel. Upscale for the average price......I have set many stays with Mary who is so pleasent and accomidating.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you so much for the great compliment. We strive to make each guest important during their stay and our friendly and acknowledegable staff makes a difference in our beautiful hotel. We look forward to seeing you soon at the TownePlace Suites!

Have a Great Day!
West Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Went for nephew's graduation from boot camp. The hotel was spotless, the staff was very friendly and helpful with ideas of things to do and directions to get everywhere. The pool was delightful and breakfast very good. The coffee was some of the best I have ever had. I would highly recommend it and will stay there whenever I am in the area again. I am very picky about where I stay but this truly was one of the best.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
towneplaceCAESE, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Thank you for choosing the TownePlace Suites for your hotel accommodations. I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and that our staff was able to help you find places to visit while you and your family were in town. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future with your hotel accommodations.
Congratulations to your nephew on his graduation from Fort Jackson!

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbia SE/Fort Jackson? Share your experiences!