“Good Hotel stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Norfolk, Virginia
“Good Hotel stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The customer service persons at the front desk were the friendliest of any hotel I have ever been to. I called to advise we would be late and with Tamika's sense of humor, we had to meet her in person when we arrived. The staff made the stay fun and personal. I have never been treated like this at any business before and given the chance I will again. The accommodations were great also. Hotel restaurant seemed to become overwhelmed when they became 1/3 full. I found area eateries close by that had great food and were much cheaper.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear ChaplainRuss,

Thank you very much for sharing such nice comments about the Marriott and our Brilliant service. I am sorry we got caught a bit unprepared on your first night, I believe the adjustments we made for the remainder of the week were successful. My team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Joel Darr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

From our original contact with this hotel to the last day of our convention everything was outstanding. The customer service from the front door to restaurant to banquets is nothing short of phenomenal. As a meeting planner for my organization it was so refreshing to deal with a TEAM of people who all focused on one single thing: making my delegates comfortable and creating an environment where everyone enjoyed the conference. Hats off to the staff, if you are planning any type of event or personal stay in the Columbia area, make sure to make it at the Columbia Marriott.

Dear craighungler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such nice comments about the Marriott Columbia and our events team. Your meeting was a true pleasure to host, we truly wish you would all come back every week. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and putting such an important conference in our hands. Please stay in touch and come back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

In May 2014, I spent 14 days at the Columbia Marriott. My college-age child was in the hospital across the street with a serious illness. I have to say that the customer service I received at this hotel was nothing but extraordinary! By the time my family and I could leave, it was like saying goodbye to family. Anything I needed or asked for was immediately responded to and there was always an encouraging smile and warm thought from the front desk to the servers at the restaurant to the cleaning staff. Ms. Price and Christian at the front desk were nothing but warm, caring and concerned. I have already booked more visits to the Columbia Marriott and will continue to do so. I would recommend this hotel and it's staff to anyone!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear kathywildman,

First of all, I truly hope your child is doing better. It is so rewarding to read such amazing comments about our team and Christian and Julie are both true stars. I am thrilled that our team and the Marriott Columbia was able to make you feel at home. Please reach out to me when you return so I can properly thank you. Best of luck with the quick recovery of your child. Have safe and exciting travels.

Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I recently spent a week at this hotel and was very impressed. I have stayed in some very nice hotels around the world and I do not recall having a better service experience anywhere. No request was refused and the feel of the place is that it is your home and they are there to make sure you are comfortable.

Also, the hotel has very well laid out conference facilities. Spacious and open in feel, the conference facilities are easy to access and navigate.

Our room was large and clean and the housekeeping staff were pleasant and helpful with small request such as extra towels and coffee.

Nice pool and good work hot room with chilled towels, plenty of cold water, and earphones.

Dining options were very good. Be sure to try the salad with grilled salmon...so good I had it three times during our stay!

Definitely a great place to stay!

Dear Kerriemarg,

Thank you very much for sharing such amazing comments about the Columbia Marriott. I am thrilled to be able to share your feedback with our team and to celebrate their Brilliant Service. My team and I thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

North Augusta, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I just wanted to take a few minutes of your time to express my opinion of the service that I received at your Hotel this past weekend. Outstanding is the first word that comes to mind. Ms. Price is an absolute jewel. There was absolutely nothing that we requested or required that she did not provide immediately. When she was getting off for the day, she would introduce me to the person filling in until she returned.
The food service provided was excellent. I know that the Chaplain’s and psychiatrists we had present had absolutely no concept of time and we were late breaking for lunch as well as dinner. Your hotel staff was extremely gracious concerning our lack of promptness. I just cannot say enough about your hotel and its staff. Please acknowledge to your staff of what a wonderful job they all did, it was truly a pleasure working with them.
As for Ms Price she definitely deserves a raise or/and a all expenses paid vacation, she has earned it – I’d insure you all hung onto to her. I am quite certain your competitors would jump at the chance to steal her away for you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
JoelD2012, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear ywoodall,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Marriott Columbia and for taking the time to share such nice comments about the hotel and staff. I can let you know that I have no intention of letting my Julie go to any other hotels, she is truly valued by all of us. Please come back soon!

Lake Cowichan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Staff were always pleasant.

I felt room could have been cleaner.
In the week I was there I did not think they vacuumed once. If they did the dust bunnies and 2 half peanuts were still under the edge of the bed when I left.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the indoor pool. Lots of noise if kids were in the pool. Sometimes strong aroma o...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Ben Y,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. I am glad you found he service of our team to be excellent. I am very sorry your floor was not vacuumed appropriately. I will address you issues with the Housekeeping team immediately. Please reach out to me when you return to town and I will personally inspect your room and buy you a drink.

ATL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I recently retired from 24 years with Marriott International. To say that I've stayed in a few hotels over the years is an understatement. This hotel was one of the BEST EVER. We were so pleasantly surprised. We booked our room the morning of our arrival when we decided to come to town to see USC, on a college tour. The staff was awesome; from the bellmen (Ben) to the front desk to the restaurant staff. We met both Logan (brand new in the restaurant) and Roxy during our meals and they were both fabulous. The hotel was clean and the housekeepers actually spoke to us, pleasantly, in the halls! The food at both of our meals was excellent-- one suggestion-- your bellstaff and front desk need to recommend the restaurant. They both told us about many options, but never included your own offerings. There were 5 of us eating and we all loved our meal and our dining experience. Congrats to the GM and the hotel staff for an awesome hotel; you should be proud of the work that you do to make this a great hotel. We will be back! And I've already told a number of Marriott people what a great hotel you are running :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Nancy M,

Wow, I just love reading this review! Marriott veterans are the hardest bunch to impress, I am just thrilled. I will share your feedback the our team and celebrate them appropriately. I hope you choose to come back soon and congratulations on your retirement.

General Manger

Been to Columbia Marriott? Share your experiences!