“Absolutely Perfect!!!” 5 of 5 stars

$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #18 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
“Absolutely Perfect!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Excellent stay. I could not have been more impressed with the staff or service. I really enjoyed the comfortable room and furnishings. The breakfast and lounge were excellent and well appointed. Our company had a small group meeting and they did an outstanding job of meeting our needs. The place was quiet and comfortable, I couldn't of asked for anything more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Seneca, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at the Columbia Marriott for a business trip. I absolutely LOVED my stay. The hotel is in the process of a renovation however it did not bother me at all. This hotel is very charming. My room was clean and comfortable. I usually do not sleep well being away from my family but I slept so well the next morning I was groggy. I have never slept that well at a hotel.

The room décor was beautiful! The staff was excellent. At check in we were welcomed by two outstanding clerks. These two clerks made me feel very welcomed. All of the staff was very helpful. They went above and beyond to help!

The only complaint I had about this hotel is I wasn't able to stay longer. However, if I ever have to go back to Columbia this hotel will be my first pick!!!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

As a previous reviewer noted, perhaps things will be better when renovations are complete. I admit that the noise and chaos created by ongoing remodeling of the lobby and restaurants could have colored my review. However, it did not help that the first impression that entered my mind upon entering my room was a very pronounced sour smell (not smoke...just something very sour). The room was also quite small for the rate, and furnishings modest (at best). The staff for the most part were friendly and tried to be accommodating. There are other nearby options that I will explore on my next trip to Columbia.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
JoelD2012, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear BocephusSolo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I am very sorry the final pieces of our renovation were a distraction to you. I am also sorry that you experienced a challenge in your guest room, I have already discussed your comments with my room’s team to ensure they are diligently focused on all areas of the room. I am glad you found the service team to be hospitable, we are blessed to have a great team of associates. I am happy to report that the majority of renovation work is complete and you should not experience any distractions going forward. Again, my team and I appreciate your feedback and hope you come back and see the finished product soon. Please reach out to me directly and I will ensure you next visit is excellent.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The expansive lobby is undergoing renovations, so that detracts from the ambiance (and closes the entrance on Main St). Also the garage is a good distance from the lobby elevators to the rooms. You have to walk from the garage and take a grand stairway (or elevator) to get to the lobby level where you find the other set of elevators to the room. On the upside, the adjacent garage has free parking on weekends.

The room was clean, neat, and well-appointed. My only complaint is the A/C was barely working. You could feel cold air coming out, but we dropped the thermostat down to 63 and noticed no difference at all. Had it been a warmer, more humid typical Columbia weekend, we certainly would have had to request another room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BillyB32,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent visit to the Marriott Columbia. My team and I very much appreciate you taking the time to share such positive comments about the service and the room cleanliness. I will have my maintenance team check each rooms HVAC to try and identify the problem you reported, I am hoping we already have fixed it. I am happy to report that the majority of the renovation is completed and there should not be additional distractions during your next visit. For future visits, we do have 24 hour valet if you would prefer us to take care of your parking for you. Again, thank you for the feedback and I hope to get the chance to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I reserved 3 hotel rooms for me & my daughter & some of her friends for a mini "get-away". I called the hotel a week before my stay to ensure I would be able to get connecting rooms. They ensured me that I would be able to get at least 2 of my rooms connecting and I could have the 3rd room across the hall. When we arrived, I was told all of the connecting/joined rooms were "having maintainace done to them" and all of the connecting/joined rooms were "blocked off in their computer system" and could not be issued to anyone. I told the front desk attendant that I had little girls & I couldn't leave them in a room alone. He went to speak with the manager on duty & came back & said he would give me a jr suite that had a King connecting suite attached to it. This young man was so very helpful & polite. He went above & beyond to make sure I had what I needed & after continuously thanking him, he said "It's my pleasure Ms. G******. Anything I can do to make your day/stay better. That's why I'm here". I am so impressed & happy with the service I received at the Columbia Marriott in Columbia,SC. And when you check in, ask for Justin M. He is THE BEST!!! I travel alot & stay in hotels often, and I must say, this is the best hotel experience I've ever had. Thankyou to Justin M. & the Columbia Marriott

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Vise27,

Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize Justin and the service team at the Marriott Columbia during your recent visit. I am thrilled that my team was able to show you and your family a great experience. We are blessed to have such a great team of associates here and look forward to hosting you again very soon. We know you have a choice on where to stay in Columbia and are so appreciative that you choose us. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

GREAT hotel! Loved the atmosphere (they do have a reno going on but it did not affect our stay). Renovations were actually very quiet and unobtrusive,

We loved our rooms (want to buy those lamps, but best of all was the pillows!) I have neck problems and those pillows are worth their weight in gold! Most comfortable nights sleep i've had in a while.

I inquired about and intend to purchase the pillows thru Marriott, I had an extremely well furnished and comfortable suite and the only complaint I have is I didnt have time to stay longer, AND they furnish Bath & Body Works products which are a fav of mine. Didnt get a chance to try the gourmet coffee as I was running late but the presentation was impressive. Sure looked good!
Staff is so warm and nice! We felt so welcome from the time we entered the door.

Had lunch at the hotel both days. EXCELLENT!! I had the Fried Green Tomatoes BLT with Boursin Aioli that was awesome! So good I ordered it again 2nd day! Its obvious food is freshly prepared and top quality, Again, service here was top notch!

Parking is in the attached garage and easy/very short walk across to the lobby, Several restaurants nearby.We were undecided between Liberty Taproom and Blue Marlin. Chose Liberty Taproom because there was a football game coming on. Will def go back,

All in all....I would recommend this hotel, their restaurant (didnt try all of them), and the nearby Liberty Taproom to anyone visiting this area. As far as that goes, I will go out of my way to stay at the Columbia Marriott again myself! NICE leaving a hotel feeling pampered and spoiled!

Room Tip: I had a corner suite, Loved it! I didn't grade the spa as I didnt use it but if its like this re...
Dear jspano,

Wow, thank you so much for sharing such nice comments with the Tripadvisor community about your recent visit with us at the Marriott Columbia. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team and celebrate them. I agree with you about the Fried Green Tomato BLT, it is awesome. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to hosting you again when you return to town. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Vitoria, ES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We got a room with 2 double beds, and ended up fitting 5 people in the room!We were going to a event in Camden SC and wanted to stay in a nice place. But other friends also ended up getting rooms there.
It was not so expensive and food was great!We were able to park more than one car for each apt we booked.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Columbia Marriott? Share your experiences!