“Great steakhouse” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 858 Restaurants in Columbia
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Columbia, SC is located in the heart of downtown in the city’s financial, entertainment and historic district in the lobby of the Hilton Hotel. The restaurant is conveniently located next door to the Columbia Convention Center and just a few blocks from the University of South Carolina campus.We serve the finest steaks in Columbia. Treat yourself to a USDA Prime steak that arrives sizzling on a 500° plate and a bottle from our award-winning wine list. With a spacious bar and multiple dining rooms that are ideal for business dinners, private parties and date nights, our Columbia steak house team offers a dining experience you and your guests will long remember.The restaurant boasts two private dining rooms as well as multiple meeting rooms and an expansive ballroom, enabling us to offer a variety of event options for 10 to 200 guests. Whether it’s a romantic dinner for two, an important business luncheon, a social event or an all-day meeting, Ruth’s Chris of Columbia can accommodate your needs.
Corbin, Kentucky, United States
“Great steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We were traveling through and decided on steak for dinner. The restaurant is in a motel however they do have valet parking. The staff was friendly and welcoming. We had steak and sweet potato casserole. The steak was good but the sweet potato casserole is a must!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Dinner after sight seeing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Always great food but pricy and more than one should eat at one sitting. the waitress was helpful in making choices and gave great service. Comfortable dining room.

Visited October 2012
“Best Steak Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I went last weekend. We each love a great filet. This restaurant did not disappoint. We both got the filet, wedge salads, and shared the au gratin potatoes. The steaks were perfect. So tender and delicious. The potatoes and salad were great as well. I've yet to be disappointed at a Ruth's Chris.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manning, SC
“No Way - NEVER AGAIN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have eaten at nearly every upscale restaurant in Columbia and this was, in my opinion, the absolute WORST.
I should preface my review in stating that I was a guest of two corporate executives and as such, I did not make my feelings known to the restaurant management - it might have been embarrassing!
First off, it was assuredly overpriced - possibly typical for the chain, I do not know.
We ordered wine. The pour was pathetic, not even coming close to the recommended level in the glass.
The appetizers were OK but nothing to brag about.
I ordered my meat medium well and it arrived RAW - just barely warm.
They took it back and cooked it some more to where it became less raw but still nowhere near medium well. As my appetite was about ruined, I did not bother to eat it.
My friend ordered a fillet and it looked like it came from a fast food restaurant. Look at the pictures on the Ruth Chris billboards - a beautiful piece of meat, perfectly cooked. We did not see anything even close!
Side dishes? Average/below average.
Desserts - just OK, nothing more.
One more thing; We ALL got sick. I'm not talking tummy ache. Really sick.
I would prefer Arby's to this place anytime.

I should add one positive note: The waitstaff/service was quite good.

So, that's my first experience with Ruth Chris.
AND MY LAST!

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
South Carolina
“service and taste not what you expect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have dined at several Ruth's Chris, but the service, attitude of staff and quality of food is not up to par. The service was slow even though they were not busy at all. Maybe that explains the poor experince and why most of the tables were empty ! My steak was swimming in butter. I know the butter is what they're known for, but this much butter is ridiculous. The taste left a lot to be desired. My filet had a sour taste ? The overall quality, plus the level of service is just too lacking to make me want to go back again. Try another steak place......why pay Ruths Chris price for an average steak and service.

• Visited July 2012