“Enjoyable Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Enjoyable Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The personnel were very accommodating and bent over backwards to be sure all of our needs were met. In the morning when the coffee ran out another one was ready to go in its place. I would recommend this property.

Room Tip: If you need to go to Columbia for a military graduation or any other business at Ft Jackson, I would...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
robertcola, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

803-776-6263

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Fairmont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We go to visit our daughter and her family a couple times a year here and this is our choice for the reason stated next. The rooms are home away from home, the owners & staff treat us well, and we have a good breakfast. We have also enjoyed the salt water pool when there in warm temps. We realize they have been under construction for some time now but so far we only see improvements, not negatives. If we are dis-satisfied in the choice of room given, they are more than happy to change it.
We have never seen the roaches another person posted. If we had, we would never have returned.
Thank you for keeping this hotel in good condition.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
robertcola, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, August 12, 2014

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I wanted to use points to stay here tonight, however the Choice Hotel website has been down all day and evidently no one is smart enough to fix it :( I went in to the hotel and was met by a very helpful young man named Devin. He even used his personal cellphone to try and accommodate our request however, he ran in to the same roadblock! He apologized to me but, there was nothing he could do. We just went ahead and paid for the room. We were pleasantly surprised to find a very nice updated room. Thanks, Devin for your kindness toward tired travelers! We then overheard a guest talking about a little Italian Place across the street. Went to "The Villa" and enjoyed an EXCELLENT meal.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Sumter, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed at the Sleep Inn during my wedding weekend (my wedding was at the Medallion Center in front of the hotel). Nice staff. Location was great off of Garners Ferry and I-77. I enjoyed the fresh baked cookies. Hot breakfast each morning.

• Stayed April 2014
robertcola, General Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, May 13, 2014

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I was here for almost two months. the manager was very helpful and made my stay a home away from home. The front desk attendent was very nice. Especially Savahana. Overall I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed February 2014
robertcola, Owner at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Once again this hotel aimed to please and it succeeded. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast contained more than any one person would ever need. The fresh cookies and hot coffee available throughout the day and evening was a great treat. The staff was so hospitable and never missed an opportunity to ask if everything was okay or if we needed anything. It is so convenient to USC and I77 as well as restaurants and shopping. We will be going back again in the fall!

Room Tip: If you have the choice pick a room more center and/or towards the lobby, people using the swimming p...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
robertcola, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, April 24, 2014

Kind Regards,

Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I are presently in the most dusty hotel room I have ever seen! We booked by internet and arrived at about 4:00PM after a long day of travelling from Florida . We were given a room for physically challanged on the ground floor. There was about 1/2 inch dust on the side of the TV;I did clean it before I put my stuff close to it because I did not have a choice, the room is very small. One of the pillow cover was stained with spots. We go out for dinner and when we come back, I go to use the toilet. The toilet paper holder was also full of very old and stuck dust. That was it ! I asked for another room. I was offered another physically challanged room that was just as filthy as the first one. I asked for management. The manager came and offered a reimbursement or he offered to ask a special cleaning team who would come specially to clean a room to my liking and that this would take hours and he went on and on about the time it would take. By then, it is 7:00PM and we are tired and are afraid to book another hotel that could possibly not be cleaner if we are not lucky. So, I told him that I knew what I need to do and ask him if he ever heard about TripAdvisor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Guest made a reservation on line for a handicapped room and at check in as we reviewed the reservation she claimed she didn't make the reservation, her husband must have. She wanted a King bed and we offered to her at a price difference but she refused to accept at the time. Now having checked in and after 4 hours of staying in the room she claimed that the room was dirty, We offered her an alternative handicapped room which she claimed is more dirtier than the one she is in. She informed us and threatened us about "Tripadvisor" and said she will give us a bad review, that this is not "China", we have rules here! Even after hearing this we offered her a full refund and she declined, we even offered her to watch us while we clean a room so she questions how long will it take. I said 2 persons will take 40 minutes to satisfy your standard. She claimed she (well into middle age) can do it in 15 minutes and bluntly refused to leave the hotel with full refund. We informed Tripadvisor that we were being manipulated and blackmailed by this individual to get her into a "King Room" without her having to pay the difference! and that if we don't she will give us a negative review. Tripadvisor said write us your response and we will remove the guest comment. This did not occur. The guest clearly was hoping to stay as she mentioned in a "Waldorf Astoria" and we happened to be a Sleep Inn!

Been to Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson? Share your experiences!