“DON'T STAY - sleep in your car” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #78 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“DON'T STAY - sleep in your car”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had to stop because we were just so tired of driving we had to stop for our safety. I don't know if there are actual housekeepers but it was just not clean. I always travel with Lysol but I did not have enough for this room. Luckily we saw no bugs but the bathroom was nothing better than moldy & terrible. Smack yourself in the face & keep driving. We stayed long enough to sleep 4 hours shower, ugh, & get out. Never, ever again will I stay at ANY Knights Inn.

Room Tip: there are NONE - keep driving
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ceres, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed in room 107 for three nights in Sept.2013, the tile on bathroom floor was falling apart, shower drapes were moldy and nasty, the room was cockroach infested, they were in everything, the beds, crawling on the walls, in the drapes and in the dresser drawer. The air conditioner had a nasty odor coming out it, like musky old smell, possibly mold, like its never been cleaned. I will not again stay at this place.

Room Tip: Choose another place to sleep. You don't get what you pay for.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cumberland, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is close to almost everything. The rooms were cleanish. The bathroom was not. We were able to get towels after fighting with the cleaning woman, the man sneaked us some, so ask him. My family and I were enjoying a pool when a very drunk woman whom we learned lived there showed up and started yelling at my 8 year old for splashing.She started to yell at her to "suck her c**k". Staff was present and did nothing. We also witnessed another tenant smoking a bong right outside his door and, again, nothing was done.

I will never stay here again. The drunk woman alone is not worth the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Middleton, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

my family and i were on the way to myrtle beach and stayed here for the night. room was clean nothing fancy but for price and one night stay we were happy with it.i would stay here again when i pass back thru..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brandon, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here with my boyfriend one night last month on the way from Florida to Ohio. Based on reviews I'd seen of this place, I was honestly a little hesitant to book here, but it was all we could afford so we took the chance.

I really wasn't disappointed. It's a cheap motel, so you pretty much get what you pay for. Everything was old, and the TV was pretty small, but it was clean and comfortable, and just fine for an overnight stay.

The small outdoor pool was also a nice treat after a long, hot car ride (our car doesn't have A/C) and it was also clean and well-maintained. I don't think it was a heated pool, but it was a warm day and the temperature was perfect for us.

The staff were all friendly and helpful as well.

My only complaints:
-The bath towels were really small and thin. I'm petite and one towel just barely wrapped around my body. My 6' tall, 220 lb boyfriend was not so lucky. Good thing he isn't shy!
-The "free breakfast" was literally just mini cake doughnuts, like the kind you'd buy at the gas station. They had one box of powdered and one box of "chocolate." If you stay here, plan to eat breakfast elsewhere.

Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IRONTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I must say that overall the hotel is OK if you just need somewhere to sleep for not a lot of money. As a travel nurse, I am always on the hunt for a cheap but nice place to stay.
Overall the rooms were passable, clean, but definitely had a lot of wear and tear. A fridge and microwave were in the room which is nice for a traveler. I was OK with the room but an update would probably give it a much more passable outlook. I work night shift so I sleep during the day. Housekeeping and managment did not respect the do not disturb that I posted on my door. My second day there, housekeeping knocked on the door and interrupted my sleep cycle (and the do not disturb was posted clearly on the door, not to mention I requested no housekeeping on check-in). The 4 th day there the phone rang off the hook around 11 am and woke me from a sound sleep, once again waking me from my sleep cycle at a precious time for all who work night shift. By the time I got up to answer it, it had stopped ringing. So I checked my cellphone and laid back down. Just as I had fallen back into a deep sleep there came some loud, obnoxious knocking on my door. Thoroughly perterbed at once again being woken up I shouted, "You have the wrong room!" To which I was greeted by an answering shout, "open up or we are calling the police". Shocked, I stumbled to the door and peeked out to see a hotel staff member. I opened it and was greeted with the following: "you have do not disturb on your door for 4 days, housekeeping can't get in to clean the room." I was stunned, I thought that do not disturb was universally understood. I explained I worked night shift and slept during the day and reminded him that I requested NO housekeeping during my stay. Do which he replied, "your car always in parking lot, no one sees you leave, we were just worried and afraid we needed to call the police". I once again explained that I left every night and worked for 12-13 hrs every night and slept all day before working again. He apologized and explained they were concerned because I was a young woman, traveling alone, out of town and that I didn't answer the phone when he called.
Overall it was an OK stay, mostly because my sleep was frequently interrupted. But I have to say that after my last interruption they didn't bother me anymore. The staff over all was friendly and accomadating even if they didn't honor the "do not disturb". Given how cheap the rates are I'm sure they attract unsavory individuals and that's more than likely the reason the were so concerned. I felt pretty safe there, and I'll more than likely stay again because of its affordability. I'll just have to make extra sure they know not to interrupt my sleep during the day next time. They also had a continental type breakfast, but I didn't partake of it :-)

• Stayed May 2013
Ticonderoga, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

For the price, we had a roomy, clean facility. Staff provided a coffeemaker so we coiuld make decaf, as well as a supply of cups, sweetener, etc. Refrigerator and microwave in good condition, bed very comfortable. TV old but workable. Staff very helpful and friendly. Laundry on premises. We are staying one more week; now in our third week and having a nice restful vacation in Columbia. Motel is near interstates and makes getting around easy.

Room Tip: Our room had a king bed and a sofa bed, which was good for sitting space on an extended stay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Columbia Northeast? Share your experiences!