“Clean, safe and convenient” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #59 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Dublin, NC
“Clean, safe and convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Extended Stay Fort Jackson is my routine "home away from home". The staff is WONDERFUL! The facilities are well appointed, safe, relatively quiet, family oriented and clean. Consistently I am treated well. Expeditious check in, easy rest and then prepare to go to work. It's a lot like dealing with family you love and who love you back minus the drama. We're on a "first name" basis. There are lots of active duty Army there so at least we're in a safe, secure, reputable location. Yes, I have stayed at other pricier, more upscale places, but the room value and the respect/manner in which I am treated has proven well worth the effort and price. I am really pretty down to earth and can tell you right up front, you will never find nicer, more professional people than at Extended Stay Fort Jackson!

Room Tip: Front side away from I-77 is quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Depends of your expectations from a place to stay. My number one concern is security and cleanliness. And this is where this place dropped the ball. It started with me calling and securing a rate by phone 49 at night but when I got there the clerk says that it was $70 a night. After complaining he got it down to $52 a night, low but it's not $49. When I go to the room the smell of cigarette and must old hit me in the face. The paint in the walls stripping. Only one temperature for the shower.... Scalding hot! Not recommended unless you are broke. People live here too. The tv and wireless was awesome though.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
cripley, Owner at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that there was confusion on the rate. I am investigating to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at cripley@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was able to be pretty comfortable for the 8 nights that I stayed while working in the area. The location is a little odd, you need to navigate the parking lot of Sam's and Walmart to get back to the hotel. It does have easy access to the Interstate and for those visiting Ft. Jackson, there is a gate very close. The room was comfortable enough although, I think they should have an easy chair in the room, the only chairs are office chairs at the table...not comfortable. I often stay at extended stay hotels just for the convenience of the full kitchen, it can make a big difference if you are staying for at least 3-4 days. I did notice that the place gets pretty crowded and noisy during base graduation days.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hyattsville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I reserved and paid for 2 rooms. Got there early after driving 8 hours from Maryland. We asked if we could have perhaps 1 room of the 2 to change clothes for a big football game my son plays for the local College. We witnessed the cleaning crew complete several rooms. The MANAGER said "I have to inspect the rooms AND I am working on something that must be done right now" ."they were rude and continued to ignore our presence for 2 solid hours. I asked the person while making the reservation if early check in was available and told yes. The Manager continued to tell me ... "check in is not until 3:00" we only wanted to freshen up and change clothes after being on the road for 8 hours of driving. The did not so much as offer the restroom. We finally got into the room after waiting 2 hours in the small lobby. The most important piece of this event is that you MUST train your people. Every situation is not the same. I was a customer service representative for 26 years at Verizon and the customers always came first. And even if they did not, YOU should at the very least make them FEEL that way. This was absolutely horrible. I am also informing HOTWIRE that from this experience Hotel reservations will not be made through them for me. You must TRAIN the front desk personel. The room once inside was also horrible. They didn't even bother to spray. We normally stay at the CLARION in columbia and have never experience this type of service . It was terrible.

Room Tip: we stay at the Clarion and have NEVER experience this type of service
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
cripley, Owner at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to check in early. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CFJ@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

We are a new to he area, Military family staying here until we close on our house. We stayed here for almost a month- between being right next to 77 with constant noise, witnessing some hoodlums stealing tires off a car in the parking lot, someone smoking in their room and setting off the whole hotel alarms THREE times (once in the middle of the night) and other loud guests drinking and socializing outside our room frequently, I can't give this a good rating. We stayed here because of the price, but if I could do it over again I would have stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012
cripley, Owner at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The noise and overall issues that you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am considering security. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at cripley@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Came out for a boot camp graduation. Close to base, yet close to other amenities too. Nice room and friendly staff. We booked in advance and we were unsure of area. Close to the freeway but tucked back for some seclusion and quiet. Price was VERY good as well. Great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Naples, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

While passing through Columbia we stayed here. The hardest part was finding the hotel! It is located at the address of a large shopping mall, but is actually BEHIND the mall, just behind Wal-Mart. If one is visiting Fort Jackson, the location is ideal as the mall is just outside the main gate of the fort.

The rooms were clean and average for this price range, although smelled a bit as if they had been closed up for a while. A nice addition is that every room has a full sized refrigerator and a kitchenette, something I would not have expected at this price. The front desk even gave us a call 30 minutes after we checked in to be sure the rooms were satisfactory!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side of the hotel away from I-95. We booked two rooms and one was on each...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed the kitchen area. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson? Share your experiences!