“we will NEVER stay at this hotel as long as life last-horrible customer service starting at the front desk” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #56 of 92 hotels in Columbia
Hyattsville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I reserved and paid for 2 rooms. Got there early after driving 8 hours from Maryland. We asked if we could have perhaps 1 room of the 2 to change clothes for a big football game my son plays for the local College. We witnessed the cleaning crew complete several rooms. The MANAGER said "I have to inspect the rooms AND I am working on something that must be done right now" ."they were rude and continued to ignore our presence for 2 solid hours. I asked the person while making the reservation if early check in was available and told yes. The Manager continued to tell me ... "check in is not until 3:00" we only wanted to freshen up and change clothes after being on the road for 8 hours of driving. The did not so much as offer the restroom. We finally got into the room after waiting 2 hours in the small lobby. The most important piece of this event is that you MUST train your people. Every situation is not the same. I was a customer service representative for 26 years at Verizon and the customers always came first. And even if they did not, YOU should at the very least make them FEEL that way. This was absolutely horrible. I am also informing HOTWIRE that from this experience Hotel reservations will not be made through them for me. You must TRAIN the front desk personel. The room once inside was also horrible. They didn't even bother to spray. We normally stay at the CLARION in columbia and have never experience this type of service . It was terrible.

Room Tip: we stay at the Clarion and have NEVER experience this type of service
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
cripley, Owner at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to check in early. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CFJ@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

We are a new to he area, Military family staying here until we close on our house. We stayed here for almost a month- between being right next to 77 with constant noise, witnessing some hoodlums stealing tires off a car in the parking lot, someone smoking in their room and setting off the whole hotel alarms THREE times (once in the middle of the night) and other loud guests drinking and socializing outside our room frequently, I can't give this a good rating. We stayed here because of the price, but if I could do it over again I would have stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012
cripley, Owner at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The noise and overall issues that you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am considering security. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at cripley@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Came out for a boot camp graduation. Close to base, yet close to other amenities too. Nice room and friendly staff. We booked in advance and we were unsure of area. Close to the freeway but tucked back for some seclusion and quiet. Price was VERY good as well. Great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Naples, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

While passing through Columbia we stayed here. The hardest part was finding the hotel! It is located at the address of a large shopping mall, but is actually BEHIND the mall, just behind Wal-Mart. If one is visiting Fort Jackson, the location is ideal as the mall is just outside the main gate of the fort.

The rooms were clean and average for this price range, although smelled a bit as if they had been closed up for a while. A nice addition is that every room has a full sized refrigerator and a kitchenette, something I would not have expected at this price. The front desk even gave us a call 30 minutes after we checked in to be sure the rooms were satisfactory!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side of the hotel away from I-95. We booked two rooms and one was on each...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
cripley, Owner at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed the kitchen area. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I always stay here when visiting Columbia. Good rates and nice clean rooms. Glad to see they have flat screens in the rooms now. I think the soldiers were getting a little rowdy when we checked in but when it became late all was quiet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

Upon entering the room, we found another couple already there. I went back to the front desk and he had already heard from the couple about our entering the room. It took him 15 mins to find another room. Did not offer us an upgrade. Made a feable attempt at an apology then blamed another person.

The room itself was very plain wrapper. Basically a motel 6 with a fridge and a sink. The fully stocked kitchen....isn't.

The bed was like sleeping on a rock. NO hair dryer. NO Shampoo. Towels were like sandpaper.

I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
new brunswick, nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

this is a great location if your business takes you to fort jackson army base. you could amost walk there from here if you had to.
i was given a handicapped accessible room which i did not need but it worked to my advantage, it was very spacious. there was a comfortable bed, nice TV with a decent amount of channels and a kitchenette. the bathroom was very large and because of the wheelchair access the shower was walk-in huge.
the room was clean but could use a bit of updating. for the price i won't complain, it was definitely worth every penny to be so close to base.
if you put the address in your GPS don't be surprised to find yourself in a Walmart parking lot. the hotel is located behind the Sam's club in that same shopping center. Lots of available eateries in the area.
thanks to the friendly and helpful folks at the front desk!!

Room Tip: lots of chain restaurants in the area but i found a wonderful little 'bistro' type place a 2...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson? Share your experiences!