“manager and staff awesome. very respectful and caring.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #65 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia, South Carolina
“manager and staff awesome. very respectful and caring.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I'm relocating and I have been here since the end of Jan, 2014. The manager and staff will do whatever they can to make your stay enjoyable. I will be staying again whenever the need presents itself.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Darlene - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay has been enjoyable. We would like to thank you again for posting your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Staff treated me great. They give long term and weekly guest 1st floor rooms. I stayed weekly for 7 months and they responded to any feedback with efforts to improve motel. This is not a new hotel. It is a cheap motel that is being updated. Staff is loyal and care about the quality of your stay and appearance of motel.
Showers, windows, and fixtures desperately need to be replaced.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such positive things about the staff. I am so please to know that have being treated well. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Dublin, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

FIrst of all, I tend to look for the best in people & situations. I stay there ALL the time! I am VERY HAPPY with ESA. WIth that being said, the staff at West Columbia have been marvelous in getting me checked in so I may proceed on to work! They are very professional, polite in their interactions, respectful and helpful! This may not be the #1 newest, fanciest-shmanciest facility in Extended Stay America's chain, but you will be treated very well and there is something to be said for good treatment! The rooms are clean, quiet and no one bothers my room, vehicle or belongings. If something is not quite right, then you give them a chance, ASK them to fix it and THEY WILL! The staff even know they can come to my room and awaken me when my family calls should I be so asleep & I don't hear the phone ring. We are on a first name basis. As another female professional, I look for clean, respectable, reasonably priced and SAFE accomodations: I have not been disappointed. Once you see how they do business, you'll agree these are VERY NICE people! And if you are vacation and wish to visit the zoo, it is a WONDERFUL facility directly across the interstate.

I travel on business and this place meets my needs very well! Note from the Bible "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". It works! To all, have a blessed day!

Room Tip: Yes, the train comes through at night. I work at night so I obviously do not hear it. It is a fami...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Janice - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff provided you with such great service. We all truly enjoyed having you visit our hotel, and are glad that we were able to attend to all of your needs.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Floor was filthy the entire stay. There were noises (alarms) across the street, zoo maybe? kept going off at night; there was no and I repeat no room service the entire stay (4 nights) - I even asked once at night and gone the next day and came back still hadn't cleaned. I had reserved the following week but decided to cancel; there were piss ants in the kitchen and bathroom counters the entire stay. The boxspring was disgusting/torn looking. There were NO public spaces or lobby (small). The good: parking, outside entrance, did get me a room when I checked in early though the first one they tried to give me was dirty, they found another one.

Room Tip: Rooms are entered from outside is a plus; pack plenty of socks, floors were filthy; 4 nights and no...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback regarding our bedding options and lobby are greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel.

If you would like to provide any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, cwt@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
MATHEWS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I had to make an emergency trip to Columbia and the places I normally stay were not available. In one word this place is a " DUMP". The staff is RUDE , rooms are old , dirty and smell. Breakfast to go is like 3 pre- packaged muffins and a pot of coffee :( The outside is a mess , I would sleep in my car before paying for a room in this place again , atleast I know my car is clean :'(

• Stayed April 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Helen - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the level of customer service and cleanliness in your room. I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Also, I will meet with our entire staff to review our customer service policies and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated.

If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at, cwt@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is a very clean and comfortable hotel. The staff is excellent in keeping the grounds and rooms and common areas very clean and safe. The area is very safe for women travelers who might be on job contracts and stay alone. The staff is all helpful and friendly and I have felt at home since I have been staying here. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and I have had many friends come to this hotel to stay in the past year and a half.

Room Tip: It's quieter on floors 2 and 3, and there is a good view of the downtown areas in certain areas...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay!

Once again thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Queensbury
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

While I knew I shouldn't expect too much from a $50 a night hotel, this property was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. The room was dirty, appliances were stained and rusted and there were remnants of old, dried up soap bars on a ledge in the shower. The paper thin walls were made worse by the other residents standing outside until the wee hours recounting the events of the day. Vehicles came and went at all times of the night with people coming and going to who knows where to do who knows what. Stay as far away from this property as you can - plenty of local alternatives available.

Room Tip: Any room NOT at this property
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding the bathroom condition is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is going to revisit our training on bathroom cleanliness.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cwt@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - West? Share your experiences!