“No elevator and not clean at all, horrible odor.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbia - West - Stoneridge Dr.

You added Extended Stay America - Columbia - West - Stoneridge Dr. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbia - West - Stoneridge Dr.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   180 Stoneridge Drive, Columbia, SC 29210 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Columbia - West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #72 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
“No elevator and not clean at all, horrible odor.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel had no elevator and our room was on the third floor. Not to mention there was trash in the stairwell that caused a horrible odor throughout the entire stairway as well as the entire floor we were on. Dirty towels, dirty bedding, small uncomfortable mattress, it was humid and unacceptable.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Ok so I'm new here and moving here first place I stayed for the week was atrocious!! (Won't say names not even worth mentioning) When I got to this ESA on stoneridge it was definantly a breath of fresh air. Sharon and Deedee immediately attended to my needs they went above and beyond to make sure I was checked in in a timely fashion. Everyday I'm greeted with smiles and good mornings from Sharon deedee and Kim and smiles and hellos from Corey in the evening. That's the only staff that I've met so far going on week two. They ALL always ask if my room is ok and do I need anything. They ALL do their jobs thoroughly and are such a delight when I have time to chat. Thanks Guys keep up the good work! You are greatly appreciated!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West - Stoneridge Dr., responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. It's great to hear that everything is going well with your stay and that our staff has been friendly and accommodating. We truly enjoy having you stay with us!
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We tried to check in last Monday 4/7/2014, it was pouring outside and the clerk Carla, said we had to come back at 3:00 we sat in our car for an hour, this is uncalled for. Then when we did come in Carla again was a little agitated at her relief for being late and not there yet, she said this happens a lot and my kids are already out of school at 2:30 and I'm late picking them up. I had said I wanted to check out on Friday and that I had a dog. She charged me $108.00 for my dog and didn't give me a receipt. My husband complained to the clerk on duty Wednesday about people leaving their room doors opened so their cigarette smoke came into our room and smoking in the halls. The smoke came into our room and I have asthma, so I coughed every night, nothing was done. There was no baseboard in the bathroom and large bugs came out from behind the toilet. In the front lobby there was spider webs that were brown they had been there so long. I will not go back to this motel or one of the chains, if this is the service we are given.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West - Stoneridge Dr., responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Susan - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the level of cleanliness and customer service displayed during your stay. I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, I will meet with our entire staff to review our customer service policies and guest protocol so that the issues you experienced during your stay do not affect our future guests.

If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at, clw@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I booked my room through hotwire and upon arrival the lady (carla) at the desk asked me very rudely if she could help after looking me up and down for several seconds. There are spider webs all around the lobby it smells horrible, and they will not let you check in before 3 EVEN if they have rooms available. I ended up leaving and going to motel 6 on burning tree rd, where it was cheaper, cleaner, and staff was friendly!

• Stayed April 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West - Stoneridge Dr., responded to this review, April 10, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the odors, the level of cleanliness in your room and the lack of professionalism displayed by some of our staff members. I will meet with our entire staff to review our cleaning procedures and customer service policies to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The worst staff ever: They enter your room when you are away and steal.
They stole cash, my tablet, keys and cash. Stay away from the @#$*&es Jackie and Sharon.
They never knock.
You have to ask several times for any kind of service. The managers are good at stalling and lying.
The local authorities need to investigate these people.
The staff will clean all surface with the same rag, not wear gloves to clean the toilet area, and will use the same rag for the kitchen counter...E.coli any one?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Middletown, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Another good stay. The staff here was very friendly and helpful from the front desk, the breakfast room, to the maids. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast is small but sufficient. if you time it right there are cookies in the office. I had several small problems and once I let the front desk know...presto the problem was fixed.

Room Tip: I have been here several times. I have had no problems with any of the rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Do NOT stay here. What a terrible experience. The room was filthy and there were bugs on the floor. No hairdryer, no shampoo. They charged me $25 EACH for my two under 25 pound dogs, who disturbed NOBODY, while the kid in the suite above us (who stayed for free) enjoyed jumping off the bed and running like a herd of elephants from one end of the room to another. Then the two kids in the suite next to me (who also stayed for free) were sent to play in the hallway outside our door at 5 a.m. and then talk loudly outside our window until 5:45 when their parents emerged from their room--also talking loudly--after doing God knows what! The manager, who turned the lights off on me as I was getting my "Grab and Go" breakfast (a granola bar) had no conception of why I was upset to pay $50 for the privilege of having my dogs stay with me--dogs who made NO mess, NO noise and were NO problem--while the little brats who disturbed our sleep for hours were welcomed with open arms. ("I don't understand why you think you have a problem.") Rotten accommodations, rotten staff attitude, an overwhelmingly rotten choice for a hotel. Run, do not walk, away from this place. If this is typical of Extended Stay America all I can say is make your stay as brief as possible, or better yet--STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else! Three floors and no elevators.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - West - Stoneridge Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Columbia - West - Stoneridge Dr.

Address: 180 Stoneridge Drive, Columbia, SC 29210 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Columbia - West)
Location: United States > South Carolina > Columbia
Ranked #72 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Columbia - West - Stoneridge Dr. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Columbia - West - Stoneridge Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Studio Plus Columbia

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Columbia - West - Stoneridge Dr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.