“Standard Hampton in the armpit of the south” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Woodcross Drive, Columbia, SC 29212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 92 hotels in Columbia
Raleigh
“Standard Hampton in the armpit of the south”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

To be ranked as the 3rd best hotel in Columbia was surprising once I stayed here....but it is Columbia, the full-service properties here are in various stages of disrepair and this place is "pet friendly" so I guess they've cornered the market. You get the standard Hampton offering here which is a pretty clean hotel, great bed, nice pool, decent fitness room, and the free breakfast which is your microwaved/steamed eggs or "omelets", Canadian bacon or sausage, potatoes, yogurt, and pastries. Not something you would want to eat more than 1 or 2 days but it gets you through to lunch. This hotel had a really nice outside sitting area as well with a gas grill. A really pleasant place to hang out in either the AM or PM. It appears they have updated the lobby area and the guest room corridors with a modern look but it didn't really match the old formal casegoods in the rooms. That is my one desire for any Hampton...that it will be more "Hilton Garden Inn" like with their more modern look and great desks/chairs....they can keep that Sleep Number bed, however. The Hampton bed is much more comfortable!

Room Tip: Stay on the 5th floor if you don't want to smell Fido. This is the "non-pet friendly"...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear BigDaveB10,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us this month while traveling to Columbia, SC. We are very glad you had an opportunity to experience our hotel and were able to enjoy the outdoor living room overlooking the lake. As if the BBQ grill, HDTV and fireplace are not enough the lake view most certainty adds to the R&R factor!! I am glad you were able to recognize the effort we have been putting in the property. As you mentioned we have remodeled the main lobby floor, outdoor area, fitness center, meeting room and lastly painted the building & refreshed the landscaping this year. You also took the opportunity to point out how you felt about our rooms, that most Hampton's were not as modern as the rest of the property-well you have a good eye and for those reading-we are starting this December. We are very excited to announce our room renovations and are welcoming the final phase of our project. So if you come back in 2014 I know you will be very impressed!! Don't worry though-the Hampton bed experience is here to stay!

Safe travels,

326 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We travel to NC every year for the past 7 years, and this hotel is the perfect place to stop on our way from Ft Lauderdale to Cashiers. The property is contemporary and spotless, the staff (Emily) is always friendly, professional and knowledgeable of the area. Many very good restaurants within walking distance (or delivery). We (I) could drive straight through, but look forward to this hiatus, with just a 3 hr drive to our place after a refreshing stay. An overlooked gem. Fyresq & Snugglebunny

Room Tip: All are good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Welcome back!

I wanted to thank you personally for allowing our property to become a part of your annual trip. For sure a great compliment worthy of sharing. You know your team is doing something right when your guest choose to stay with you time again without any hesitation. We always strive to provide hospitality at it's finest but I have been sure to share your rave review with both our executive management team and Emilee. She will actually be recognized by being awarded the "pickle" pin for standing out during your visit. We do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you back again next year; we will be here waiting to welcome you back with our new and refreshed guest rooms. We can't wait to hear what you think about them!

Safe travels & we'll see you next year!

Fort Myers, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

if solely based on this experience, i would not likely stay at a Hampton Inn again...definitely not what i am accustom to in the past, i have always associated the brand w/cleanliness & comfort, it was greatly lacking on this stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ms. Crystal S,

Thank you for your feedback. Cleanliness and comfort should be what you expect when staying with us and I regret to hear that this wasn't your experience. However, while addressing your concerns with our staff it was brought to my attention we believed we reached a positive resolution prior to your check out. We strive to be flawless 100% of the time, but occasionally may fail to meet our guest expectations.

I do know we offered to move you to another room, but due to the late hour we resorted to having a staff member clean the areas of concern. We then followed up with note and token stress our true apologies. Prior to your departure our staff followed up with you and were told everything was great. So, I am extending another apology on behalf of our management team for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay and do hope you will provide us with another opportunity to show you how we shine above the rest.

We welcome any additional comments you may have that would make your stay with us a better experience and hope we can invite you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Bradenton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was on a stop over on my way to Florida so I did not use many of the facilities. This hotel is very clean and comfortable, and the staff is friendly and efficient. I truly appreciated being able to bring my dogs. Always at a Hampton Inn, my favorite aspect is total comfort of the beds.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Hello SaraB,

We are delighted you made the decision to stay with us on your way to Florida. We actually have the opportunity of being a "preferred hotel stop" for families each year either on vacation or the commute back to their summer residence. We hope to become the same for you. We do hope you have a safe trip home.

Sunny wishes,

WOODBRIDGE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was our first time staying at this location, just off Interstate 26. The view is great -- it overlooks a lake with a walking path around the lake. We were so pleased that it is a pet-friendly hotel. The staff were so attentive to us and our pet. The room was large and very comfortable. There is a great outdoor area for sitting and enjoying the view of the lake. Complimentary bikes are provided to ride around the lake. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello WilliamF,

With much appreciation for kind review. A perfect little snapshot of our property. Glad to hear we will become a destination choice for you when traveling to Columbia, SC. We really have enjoyed becoming Pet Friendly and found our many of you have enjoyed your visits. We hope you come back again soon!

Best wishes,

Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel while traveling. It is your average Hampton Inn with a good free breakfast. Bonus points for bicycles to use on the paths around the nearby lake. Good walking trails too. Best bed I've slept on in some time! However, they allow pets so be forewarned if you have pet allergies!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear GAscrapper,

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us on your most recent trip to Columbia, SC. Although we strive to be more than your average Hampton, we will gladly take your kind review. We actually just received our 2nd quarter rankings and our hotel is ranked #14 in the world in comparison to the brand. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again on a return visit!!

Columbia, South Carolina, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The wife and I decided to meet our grown children for the evening at the Harbison Hampton. The location of the hotel allows for a walking path to the nearby mall, walking/biking paths around a good sized lake (did I mention that the hotel has bikes you can borrow?) The pool/fitness area/sitting area is a great place to sit and enjoy the outdoors. There is also a bra-b-que grill for our use. And, the usual great breakfast!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for the review on your most recent stay. As a hotel we have the opportunity to share many special occasions with our guests & glad to hear we were a part of your family visit. We look forward to seeing you back again soon to enjoy some BBQ and Lake time!!

Safe travels,

Mellisa Ayer

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.

Address: 101 Woodcross Drive, Columbia, SC 29212
Location: United States > South Carolina > Columbia
#3 Business Hotel in Columbia
#3 Romantic Hotel in Columbia
#4 Family Hotel in Columbia
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. 2.5*
Enjoy the great outdoors close to the Hampton Inn on the Lake at Harbison hotel in Columbia, SC. Request a free bicycle and helmet, and ride the paved trail along Lake Harbison adjacent to our hotel. Our pet loving families enjoy the short walk around the lake. We offer comfy and convenient accommodation for guests attending a conference at the Columbia Conference Center only 2 miles away. Walk to Columbiana Center Mall, Columbia's largest shopping district, and dine in one of our many restaurant options. Admire nature at Harbison State Forest, or take the family to Frankie’s Fun Park, just a mile away. Still need more? We're just minutes from the Historic Columbia Downtown District home of the USC Carolina Gamecocks, multiple state museums, sail on Lake Murray or take short drive to Historic Newberry. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn On The Lake At Harbison Hotel Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
Columbia Hampton Inn
Hampton Inn Harbison Blvd

If you own or manage Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.