“Great for overnight stay on the way to the beach!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Woodcross Drive, Columbia, SC 29212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 92 hotels in Columbia
“Great for overnight stay on the way to the beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our family has stayed at this hotel for several years on our way to our annual beach vacation. The rooms are nice, beds are comfortable, and there are good-sized fridges in the rooms which are handy for keeping cooler items cold overnight.

The morning breakfast is pretty good, with cold items as well as make-your-own waffles, cooked hot oatmeal with toppings, scrambled eggs, and muffins. The breakfast area could use more seating, however.

Our favorite feature of this hotel is the nearby lake. There is a beautiful walking trail that encircles the lake and a nice playground in the shade of large trees along the trail. We love to take a walk & let the kids play for a bit before getting in the car to finish our journey to the beach.

• Stayed June 2013
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Welcome back sbmolloy & family!!

What a great compliment to allow our hotel & staff to be a part of your annual beach trip. It makes my heart smile to know our Hampton Inn will be a part of your families memories and road trips!!

Breakfast is typically a favorite among most, but I can understand how seating may feel limited, especially if we have large groups in house eating all at once. In the future if helpful, checking with the desk to see if they know of the in-house group's schedules may help your family enjoy breakfast a little bit more!! If you find yourself limited with seating we do have small tables with ottomans, 4 tables & living room seating outside and sometimes even have the meeting room available for overflow. (if not rented)

The lake, walking trails and playground are definitely an added bonus to our hotel. The area is managed by the Harbison Association and they know our guest enjoy it's close proximity. Perhaps next year there will be some new equipment for the kids to enjoy!!

Be safe, enjoy the summer, and see you next year!!

324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great hotel and Great stay!! loved the hotel! Excellent location near shopping and still accessible to the University of South Carolina and area activities! Beautiful outdoor area to lounge by the pool or the covered are and cook out. next time in the area i will be back!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello Christine M,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at our Hampton Inn while traveling to Columbia, SC. I'm glad you enjoyed our location, proximity to the city and all of our amenities we had to offer! Our 100% non-smoking, Pet friendly hotel has just recently been awarded the ranking of #7 in the world (compared to 1800+ Hampton Inn properties) for our overall rankings! We're glad to be here and glad you provided us the chance to show you what we're all about!! We do hope you will find a reason to come back again soon! Have safe and fun travels!!

Best wishes,

Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was surprised to find a Hampton Inn that advertised being Pet Friendly. We travel with a German Shepherd Dog and many places are either no pets or have limits like 10/20 pounds. I'm a Hilton Honors kind of guy, so finding this got me excited!!! We were only in for one night but it was wonderful. Check in was a breeze, everything was ready and waiting when I walked up to the counter. This included a treat for the dog. They won me over with that. Add to it a sign to hang on the door to let employees know you have a pet and directions to the walking trails around the hotel for a quick walk makes it more pet friendly. A poop bag station (we owners like this) and a nice trail around a lake makes us feel welcome.

The room was clean, the A/C worked great - what more could you ask for.

Breakfast was a cut above most "free breakfast" locations as it included a bubbling pot of oatmeal (my favorite, yum), precooked omelets (OK, not fresh cooked to order) and plenty of bacon!! What more could I ask for??

All in all a great place to stop, all the better because they let our fur friends stay there.

I will be back.

Room Tip: With pets, a ground floor room by the back door makes for a great location for a quick walk.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear tim5055,

We are very happy you had the opportunity to stay with us and enjoy our relaxed pet policy. We've heard our pet loving guest become excited when they find out there is a Hampton Inn who invites their pets too! Choosing to go pet friendly was a big decision for us, and we have learned a lot. Thank you for pointing out some details about our pet policy; we have a letter at check-in, get a cell phone number, provide a door hanger and also have a designated pet walking area. However, for those TA readers who may not be comfortable with having a pet as a neighbor just ask for our pet free floor!

Glad to hear you will be back soon-we look forward to it!!!

Surfside Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a one night stay at this hotel. It was newly renovated, clean, great customer service, next to a beautiful walking trail/lake, fantastic outdoor pool, workout room, and nice breakfast. This hotel allowed dogs and there were no restrictions which was a great perk. I saw only a few dogs while we were there. No odor of dogs at all. This was one of the best hotels I have stayed in. It is located within a short walk to a few restaurants as well. Area seemed safe and suburban. We will definitely stay again when we are in Columbia. Other Hampton Inns could learn from this one... keep doing everything right!! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed June 2013
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear J D,

Welcome to our Pet loving family! It is good news to hear you took advantage of our relaxed pet policy. We have found out so many of our families traveling have great pets-who usually behave very well. Your compliments about our hotel are very much appreciated and I have shared with the staff! WE welcome you back again soon!

Best wishes & safe travels,

Director Sales
Buford, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed here for a family gathering. The hotel was clean, neat and the staff was very pleased. The location is near everything, right across the bridge, shopping, walmart, etc. Busy area but convenient to highway and shopping. The rooms were a little small to me...I think the space could be utilized better. My sister and family had a larger room though and that seem more comfy. overall the event we had there was nice, the staff was accomodating even when we forgot a few things. We enjoy the visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear slijt68,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at our Hampton during your family gathering in Columbia, SC. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay overall and had a fun weekend with family. I have shared your suggestion about our furniture arrangement in our rooms with our management team, perhaps we will be able to put it to good use when it becomes time for our final renovation project! We would love to be a part of your family gathering each year!!

Have a fun summer,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great! The lake and walking area is beautiful! My only issue is that I wish the hotel was smoke-free. I had read this complaint in other reviews but now I know exactly what they mean. The outdoor pool and seating area are side by side and they are very nice. However, the area is always full of people who have just come outside to smoke. There were times when it was completely overwhelming. Fix that, and this hotel is perfect! The staff is awesome!

• Stayed June 2013
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Chrissom,

We are glad you allowed us the opportunity to host you and your recent travel to Columbia, SC. Your feedback is important to us and it is important for you to know we take everything back to the management team. Overall, it sounds like you experienced the award winning staff and hotel I am so proud to be a part of. Just recently we learned we were ranked #7 in the world, something worth shouting about for sure!!

We designed our outdoor living room for all of our guest to enjoy, just in the same as all of the public space such as the perfect mix lobby, pool and fitness center. The hotel (interior) is 100% smoke free (as of November 2012) and some of the past reviews who mention the smoke unfortunately had to experience a non-smoking room visited the night before by someone who didn't follow the rules. This is the first time this has been brought to my attention and I apologize about the overwhelming gathering of smokers outside. We will keep our eyes on the situation and see if we can determine any alternative options. Again, we appreciate you bringing it to our attention as an opportunity to better our facility.

We do hope you'll provide us with the chance to host you and your pet the next time you find yourself traveling through Columbia, SC!!

Safe travels,

Portland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Well-managed hotel, friendly staff, clean and spacious room, everything worked. For the Irmo, SC area I definitely recommend this hotel. The complementary breakfast was good, bacon was not as crisp as I would have liked, only one choice of eggs (little disks that are similar to those on an egg mcmuffin). But plenty of juices for choice, and everything they did provide (that I tasted) was good. What I don't like is the Trip Advisor requirement for a minimum of 200 characters.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greeting Ken!

Wow, thank you very much for making us your first review on Trip Advisor! You highlighted all the right items- well managed, clean, friendly service and overall satisfaction!! It says a lot to our viewers and our staff to take a moment and share your experience with all of us. We continue to strive and grow from each and every one. We take all of our reviews serious, not matter how big or small. So we say to you, don't stop with just one review, share your travel with the world and we look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Keep traveling,

Director of Sales

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.

Address: 101 Woodcross Drive, Columbia, SC 29212
Location: United States > South Carolina > Columbia
#3 Business Hotel in Columbia
#3 Romantic Hotel in Columbia
#4 Family Hotel in Columbia
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. 2.5*
Enjoy the great outdoors close to the Hampton Inn on the Lake at Harbison hotel in Columbia, SC. Request a free bicycle and helmet, and ride the paved trail along Lake Harbison adjacent to our hotel. Our pet loving families enjoy the short walk around the lake. We offer comfy and convenient accommodation for guests attending a conference at the Columbia Conference Center only 2 miles away. Walk to Columbiana Center Mall, Columbia's largest shopping district, and dine in one of our many restaurant options. Admire nature at Harbison State Forest, or take the family to Frankie’s Fun Park, just a mile away. Still need more? We're just minutes from the Historic Columbia Downtown District home of the USC Carolina Gamecocks, multiple state museums, sail on Lake Murray or take short drive to Historic Newberry. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelsClick, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn On The Lake At Harbison Hotel Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
Columbia Hampton Inn
Hampton Inn Harbison Blvd

If you own or manage Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.