“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Woodcross Drive, Columbia, SC 29212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 92 hotels in Columbia
Cary, North Carolina
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I really dislike traveling but needed to for work. This hotel was clean, quiet and the front desk staff was excellent. Avery and Casey were particularly fabulous.

My one criticism is that the tv tray was very dirty and the shower curtain could use a wash. Everything was spotless.

Room Tip: The third floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you uctutor1 for your review!! We are thankful for each review we receive, it allows us to learn more about our property than we see in our daily ins and outs. I have shared your comments with my manager regarding Aubrey and Kaci, each time a team member is pointed out in a positive way they receive a little award we call "pickles". So, your review is very welcomed by them both!! I understand you had a great experience and noticed our efforts to keep the hotel clean and up to top notch speed, however it appears we left room for improvement. We would have gladly replaced the items you disliked during your stay, so in the future just let us know and we'll be right up. My housekeeping executive manager has already used your review as a training tool-so thank you for reporting it to us! We hope to have the opportunity to see you back at the hotel again soon!

315 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Cheshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed for 6 nights while visiting the US Masters in Augusta. Room was very good and the staff are excellent. Complimentary breakfast was more than expected. Outside pool is another bonus. Location is good and there are very close options for lunch/dinner if you wanted to eat close by. All in all great value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ethiad,

We hope you had a great time at the Master's Golf tournament-Columbia looks forward to it every year. Traveling can be crazy, especially this week of the year, and we are so appreciative you not only chose to stay with us but took the opportunity to share your experience with other viewers. I have already shared your positive review with my staff from the housekeeping department to the front desk staff! We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again next year!

Best wishes,

Greenville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great experience at this hotel. The staff was super friendly, my room was extremely clean, and the temperature of the room was great - the AC worked well! :) I'll definitely stay at this Hampton again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear MB R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our property. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and had an opportunity to experience our dynamic staff. We look forward to having you back to the hotel again soon!

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel only one night and I wish we could have stayed longer! When we checked in we were told we were "guests of the day" and were upgraded to a suite at no additonal charge. The woman who was working at the desk could not have been kinder or more welcoming. The suite was lovely! Everything was immaculate. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hello mainelover99,

We wish you could have stayed longer too! But don't worry, we've been here for 16 years and don't plan on going anywhere; so we will be here when you get back! If you need an excuse to come back Columbia has tons of fun activities to offer from private sailing lessons on the lake, dinner cruises, award winning Zoo's and museums, tubing down the rivers and several state parks. Not to mention shopping and eating good too!

We appreciate you taking the time to stop in and stay and for your kind review. Our crew works hard here to keep things above top notch- rather being a friend in town to a housekeeper! We hope you can find the excuse to come back again soon!

Best wishes on your travels,

Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We checked into a wonderful lakeview room on the 4th floor of this hotel and were surprised to find the amenities were on par with some of the finest hotels in which we have ever stayed. There was a beautiful view of the little lake, which had a walking path around it. There was a full bar area with fridge, separate sink, microwave, and good coffee and tea. Beside it was a large dining room table. The living area was large with 4 chairs and a big window overlooking the lake. I spent most of my time there with a book and a glass of wine. The separate bedroom was large and had an adjoining bath and spa tub. The hotel was nice and quiet and the breakfast was good. The only small thing missing was a microwave in the dining area for those who wanted to heat up their muffins.

We dragged ourselves away to walk around the lake, eat barbeque and take a tour, but honestly, I would have been almost as happy to stay in the room and relax.

Room Tip: I would recommend a lake view on the 4th floor even though you have to pay extra to guarantee it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear bedandbreakfastfan,

So glad to hear you had the opportunity to experience one of our King Master suites, by far the best view in the hotel! The bay window with fainting sofa is one of my favorite places in the room as well! That suite is fantastic, it is like an apartment almost and very much worth the $30 up-charge!!!

I'm not sure if you asked the breakfast hostess about the microwave, but we do have one, it is just located behind the front desk. When we remodeled the lobby/breakfast area we lost our designated spot-but we do have one. We welcome you back anytime-hopefully soon!

Port Perry, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

After driving ten hours this hotel was a welcome oasis on our journey back home. Check in was fast, the room was well appointed and spotless. After unwinding from the drive I took the dog for a walk around the lake at the rear of the hotel. There is a paved walkway that that circles the lake which is home to several species of aquatic bird. It took about 20 minutes to walk the full circle and return to the hotel. We chose this hotel via the internet because of its pet policy. It turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip. We will probably stay there again next year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 70JimH,

First, I would like to thank you for mentioning you chose us for our Pet Policy. We know families who love their pets often have to sacrifice in their own accommodations to keep their pets with them. Not here, not with us! I'm glad you choose to stay! I often say, when selling the hotel, I believe our location is awesome and a great asset to have. We love being nestled on Lake Harbison- with the walking trails to our outdoor living room with TV and fireplace we are often a blessing on the road! Thank you again for your time in posting a review. Take care & see you soon!

Best wishes,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel always does well with service and comfort. The breakfast is decent and there are a few staff members that are consistent which always improves the service. They allow pets now and will keep all of the visiting pets on the same floor as to not disturb guests without pets. Too bad hotels can't do this with kids. Kids tend to be far more annoying then pets. On this particular stay, it was Easter morning and the hotel put out little plastics eggs for kids to have one or two. A mom came down with her kids who each had baskets and they collected ALL of the eggs. It was very nice of the hotel to attempt to have a small event that morning. The location is excellent. I never have to rent a car or taxi. They have bicycles and there are paths with tunnels that will lead you over to the mall. If you need to go east of Harbison, you need to be a little experienced in the traffic pattern. There is an excellent British pub on the east side of Harbison back near the Walmart and movie theatre. They usually have "Duck Rabbit Milk Stout" on tap which is a hard to find stout from a small brewery in N.C. If you take the bikes, bring your own small lock or pick one up at Home Depot which is walking distance from the hotel. The hotel does not offer locks for the bikes. Directly across from the hotel is a Hooters and Applebees however, I rarely go there because the British pub and a few other unique restaurants are accessible and of a much better quality. There are also beautiful walking paths behind the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear TA Traveler,

Thank you very much for your detailed review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us over Easter weekend while visiting Columbia, SC. The British Bulldog Pub is one of our staff's (& our regulars) favorite places to go!! I'm sure they appreciate the shout out! Since going Pet friendly last year we have learned a thing or two and hope we've figured it all out. We actually have 1 floor which we do not allow any pets in the rooms at all. We heard your request about the bike locks and have since added it to our shopping list to keep on hand, it was a good suggestion. We take everything to heart-so thank you! Hope to see you back again soon enjoying the Pub & the birds around the lake!

Take care,

Director of Sales

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.

Address: 101 Woodcross Drive, Columbia, SC 29212
Location: United States > South Carolina > Columbia
#2 Romantic Hotel in Columbia
#3 Business Hotel in Columbia
#5 Family Hotel in Columbia
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. 2.5*
Enjoy the great outdoors close to the Hampton Inn on the Lake at Harbison hotel in Columbia, SC. Request a free bicycle and helmet, and ride the paved trail along Lake Harbison adjacent to our hotel. Our pet loving families enjoy the short walk around the lake. We offer comfy and convenient accommodation for guests attending a conference at the Columbia Conference Center only 2 miles away. Walk to Columbiana Center Mall, Columbia's largest shopping district, and dine in one of our many restaurant options. Admire nature at Harbison State Forest, or take the family to Frankie’s Fun Park, just a mile away. Still need more? We're just minutes from the Historic Columbia Downtown District home of the USC Carolina Gamecocks, multiple state museums, sail on Lake Murray or take short drive to Historic Newberry. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn On The Lake At Harbison Hotel Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
Columbia Hampton Inn
Hampton Inn Harbison Blvd

If you own or manage Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.