“Should not be #1” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.

You added Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Woodcross Drive, Columbia, SC 29212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
“Should not be #1”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed At this Hampton on Oct.19-it is clean, staff is wonderful, our room was great with new carpeting, and the walking track around the lake is a huge plus for those of us who want some exercise. However, the hotel has 5 smoking rooms on the 2nd floor; we were on the 5th floor, but the stale smoke odor came through the air-conditioning vents, and was very obvious. Lest you think I am reformed smoker, I'm not- still smoke occasionally and love each cigarette, but I do not want stale smoke odor in my bedroom or luggage. Sorry, this hotel should not have the best rating in Columbia.

Stayed October 2012
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Rudisil, thank you for pointing out to our viewers that you felt the hotel was clean, had a wonderful staff, great sleeping rooms and even had an opportunity to enjoy outdoor recreation. It takes a lot to be consistently ranked as a #1 hotel (in comparison to 91 other properties). There are so many factors which go into keeping us there, but we can only apologize for other guest not respecting the hotels non-smoking policy in non-smoking rooms; for it sounds like your experience was the outcome of a guest smoking in a non-smoking room. Regardless, I have great news for all of our viewers... as of November 18th we have officially become a 100% non-smoking hotel! So we hope you will visit again soon to embrace all of the other strengths we strive for each day to continue staying the top 5% on the Hampton Brands!!

Good wishes and safe adventures to you & yours!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Winter Park, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This lake front Hampton Inn is the finest I've ever stayed in. It has a resort feel, with an outdoor rock patio with big screen tv and grill and fireplace. The lighted lake walking trail with the ducks are idyllic. The grounds and building are kept immaculate and the staff is the absolute best.

I booked on my way to Charlotte as a stopover, but I'm looking for a return so I can make it a destination. With more competition in Hampton Inn's price point. This should be Hampton's template for a model hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your response, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to review the property and furthermore appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We know there are many hotels in Columbia to choose from. I'm glad you enjoyed the outdoor living room and location of our property, I feel it is just one of the ways we stand out from the competition in the neighborhood!

We look forward to having you back soon, you don't have to have an excuse to travel back, just simply plan to stay with us for Columbia has so many fun things to do throughout the year. Currently right now we have 2 of the biggest light festivals to spread some holiday cheer. Hope to see you soon!

Best wishes,

Augusta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The staff at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. They told us if we had to leave before the breakfast buffet started we could get a "to-go" bag. That was a very nice touch. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room was very nice. we were close to the elevator and feared it might be a noisy night, but there wa...
Hello wonderingyankee!

We're so glad you wondered all the way to Columbia, SC and choose to stay with the #1 ranked hotel on tripadvisor for our city! We are proud of all of our accomplishments and thanks so much for recognizing our front desk staff, they work hard every day to help make our guests stay a memorable one! You're always welcome to grab the "on-the-run" breakfast bag, even if you've already ate breakfast-they're a great snack for the road!

Continue wondering & we hope you have fun doing so!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on the way to Asheville NC to tour the Biltmore. Was very ambivalent as there was a listing from the BedBug Registry I inspected every square inch of the bed, box springs, bedding and room overall. No worries. Makes me wonder if the reviewer was angry. In their defense, it was a pet friendly hotel so it could possibly have been fleas. The room did show some wear but overall it was good. The breakfast seating area was good but the kitchen area was a bottleneck and very poorly designed. The breakfast itself was above typical and very good. Would definitely stay here again. Hopefully they can get their property removed from the BedBug Registry.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear RBMB88,

I do hope you will choose to come back and visit and hope you had a wonderful trip to the Biltmore. When the hotel is full the kitchen can tend to become over crowded, but in the end I am glad you were able to enjoy the hot and plentiful breakfast!! We always continue to be better each day and are continuously working on improving the property.

We appreciate your honesty in your review, unfortunately with the internet people are welcome to post anything they wish on open forums. We are aware of the registry and fortunately for us our company allows us to take all measures to investigate and stand behind our 100% satisfaction guarantee. Upon investigation on the room in question, nothing in the claim was to be found by the exterminating company. In effort of comforting the guest we did share our findings of nothing and even provided assistance with other request. It is unfortunate the guest was not satisfied with our resolution and yes, did post an angry post. Regardless, we felt confident with the investigation and follow through and have not had any issues regarding the guest claim.

Hope you have safe travels!

Mellisa Ayer, Director of Sales
Jonesborough, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

There is a reason this one is rated so well. All the staff made us feel like royalty. The rooms and grounds were immaculate. Beautiful setting on the lake. We would stay here again anytime. My kids loved seeing baby ducks on the property just after breakfast. Thanks to the managers and staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Good day to you! Royalty you are, to us anyways! If we had a red carpet we would roll it out for you too! It is important when your traveling with family that you find a place that is a good fit for everyone. Lake Harbison can bring us more critters than just duck's but the little ones are especially a favorite of mine as well! In the spring we have little ones waddling everywhere. If you liked us on facebook keep your eyes out, we often post pictures of our newest arrivals.

Take care,

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The suite we rented far exceeded our expectations. The living area was spacious and beautifully decorated. Our bedroom was very comfortable and the large master bath had two sinks, separate shower and whirlpool tub. Our room also overlooked the pool and Lake Harbison; the view was enough to put anyone in a good mood. The staff was extremely helpful and the complimentary breakfast was delicious and plentiful. We will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The corner suites overlooking the lake are bright and roomy.
Hello Reeda Z,

It sounds like you stayed in one of our Master Suites, truly a favorite among most. I usually say this suite is larger than my first apartment!! I'm so glad you were able to stay and enjoy the hotel from breakfast, to the staff, to the view! Come on back-anytime!

Best wishes,

Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Very nice, updated hotel. Superior service. Very clean room. Decent breakfast. Small, but ample fitness center, plus option to use community fitness center. Love the breakfast-to-go option and the free bottled water! Convenient to highway, shopping. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for room with lake view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
How sweet to reference us as a Southern Treasure!! We offer all of our guest complimentary access to offsite facilities to work out if ours is simply not enough, thanks for mentioning this! Rather its a warm cookie waiting for you in the evening or a "breakfast-on-the-run" bag waiting in the morning we are always here when you need us. Hope to see you back again soon!!!

Safe travels,

Director of Sales

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.

Address: 101 Woodcross Drive, Columbia, SC 29212
Location: United States > South Carolina > Columbia
#1 Romantic Hotel in Columbia
#3 Business Hotel in Columbia
#3 Family Hotel in Columbia
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. 2.5*
Enjoy the great outdoors close to the Hampton Inn on the Lake at Harbison hotel in Columbia, SC. Request a free bicycle and helmet, and ride the paved trail along Lake Harbison adjacent to our hotel. Our pet loving families enjoy the short walk around the lake. We offer comfy and convenient accommodation for guests attending a conference at the Columbia Conference Center only 2 miles away. Walk to Columbiana Center Mall, Columbia's largest shopping district, and dine in one of our many restaurant options. Admire nature at Harbison State Forest, or take the family to Frankie’s Fun Park, just a mile away. Still need more? We're just minutes from the Historic Columbia Downtown District home of the USC Carolina Gamecocks, multiple state museums, sail on Lake Murray or take short drive to Historic Newberry. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn On The Lake At Harbison Hotel Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
Columbia Hampton Inn
Hampton Inn Harbison Blvd

If you own or manage Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.