“If you stay here, hold your breath!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.

You added Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Woodcross Drive, Columbia, SC 29212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Fresno, California
“If you stay here, hold your breath!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Even though I had confirmed a non-smoking room, and even though the room door had the n/s logo, the smell of tobacco smoke in this hotel was so strong--it permeated my hair, my skin, my clothes, and on the next day, people asked if I had been smoking long--As an asthma sufferer, I had difficulty breathing in this property, and I requested a room change (no available), and suffered through the night. Upon complaining via the corporate survey, I was emailed by the manager that "we will be completely smoke-free next year, please return..." This is unacceptable, and the hotel apparently is doing nothing to abate the smell of smoke. So, if you want to smell like you've spent a week in a smoky bar (or casino), this is the place.

Room Tip: There are no true smoke-free spaces at this property. Beware.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for the review of your guest room. We utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations and we have reviewed your feedback (in both the survey you received and on this review) with the hotel team and we are actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms. Again, I apologize for your inconvenience and as you stated we will be completely smoke free very soon. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area. If there is anything that I can do for you, please contact me directly. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Blue Bell, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Dropped daughter off at University of South Carolina move in weekend. So, the hotel was FULL of parents and kids. Nevertheless, the service was wonderful. They have a complimentary breakfast that never ran out regardless of all the people that stayed there that weekend. The pool was small, but nice. The lake was nice to walk around, a little walking path. The rooms were clean and everything was just great. The staff were very nice and friendly and even offered different treats as we walked through the lobby, they had just baked cookies one day! I plan to stay there every time I visit my daughter at college. It is also convenient to lots of shopping and eating places.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Hello MaryBlueBell,

Congrats on getting your daughter off to college! USC is a great campus and we wish your daughter much success on her adventure! We would love being your home away from home for all your USC travel needs. We have had many families over the years do just the same, and their child's graduation becomes a celebration for us as well! Your welcome anytime, but a travel tip for you... book those busy weekends like move in, parents weekend and homecoming early!!

Hope to see you soon! Go GAMECOCKS!

USC Alumni &
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

A good stop off. The hotel is a fairly typical Hampton Inn but what makes it nice is that the staff are really genuinely friendly and helpful. In addition, the hotel is right by a lake which is good for a morning jog - a lap is about 7/10ths of a mile - and there are plenty of stores and eateries nearby. You can't beat it for the $100/nigh price tag.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello gunner7,

I am glad you were both able to stay and enjoy some time around the lake. Many of our guest start or end their day on the trail as well!! It means so much to us that you recognized the staff as a whole, they really do want to make each guest love being here. I will share your review with them all & hope to have you back again soon!

Best wishes,

Belvedere,SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

As a teacher, sometimes I need to get away in order to complete massive paperwork tasks or to just rest and relax. A colleague and I chose this hotel because of the proximity to good restaurants and a restful atmosphere. This was our first experience with Hampton Inn. I doubt I will ever change my mind.
Our check in was quick and the ladies were very friendly and hospitable. Our room was extremely clean. I had stayed in other motels where things seemed spot cleaned, but this one had no dust anywhere!
We loved the generous breakfast and the lake where you could walk and especially a great quiet veranda to sit outside in the peace and finish grading those last essays.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Welcome to the Hampton Family scdawgfan63!!!

Hampton does a great job at creating an innovative and lighthouse brand and I'm so thankful you had the opportunity to experience it at its best! Our staff lives and breaths Hampton's ideologies and strives to diligently to glow with hamptonality!

We thank you for your commitment to education and hope to always be a part of your "refreshing get-a-ways"!! You & your colleagues are welcome back anytime!
Hixson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed on business for a couple of days during the week. Staff was great and checked with me several times to ensure all was well. Room was clean and functional. The free breakfast had a great selection and a waffle maker. There are endless places to eat within a 10 minute drive along with every kind of shopping you could want. The 0.6 mile walking trail around the lake is easy access from the hotel and makes for a relaxing end to your day. Could not ask for a better stay at a good rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your busy schedule and taking the time out to share! Part of being successful in the hospitality industry is the ability to make people feel comfortable and and home. It's hard when guest like yourself who are required to travel on business and having to leave the comforts of home; but it is a goal of ours to make our Hampton a place looking forward to! So rather on your next visit you take the time to read a book by the fire, watch a game or show on TV lakeside, or simply enjoy a fresh baked cookie in your room we hope we are always a nice relaxing end to a busy day!

Hope to see you "home" soon!

Sarasota, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I was on a long and arduous (solo) road trip from Maine to Florida when I happened on Hampton Inn on the Lake in Columbia. I stayed there because it was one of only a few hotels to accept pets (note to hotel management: this is increasingly important to older travelers).

The hotel is situated on a lovely lake with a wonderful walking path around the lake. Rooms are immaculate, staff is friendly and helpful, noises kept to a minimum, beds extremely comfortable and sheets clean and fresh (meaning not old and worn).

Though there were other pets in the hotel at the time, I didn't hear any pet noise (including from my own dog). One of the peeves I sometimes have with "pet-friendly" hotels is that they group all the pet rooms in one area. Dogs can scent each other or recognize noises from the room next door, and this often leaves them restless through the night, disturbing the sleep of the pet owner. A hotel that's properly managed understands pets are generally quiet if not aggravated by other nearby pets, and separates pet rooms from each other. This was beautifully managed at this hotel.

I have one criticism. The parking lot was a mess. There were cigarette butts, used condoms, and other trash left lying around, and I had to dodge several on my way in and out of the hotel for walks with my dog. Tasteless. In a hotel of this high quality, someone should be cleaning the parking lot daily. I was there for two days and saw no improvement.

Other than that, I give this hotel a happy five stars recommendation!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Meredith J,

First, let me just say thank you for taking the time for such a detailed review. We are glad you choose to stay with us and hope to have the opportunity again. We just went pet friendly this year (in April actually) and tried to think of everything when it came to our pet policy and procedures. I have actually shared your review and intake on being in a situation where you're "grouped" with other pet loving families! Our team focuses on keeping the hotel just as clean and comfortable, I'm glad you enjoyed the "clean & fresh" bed, that is actually what we call them!!

I do regret your comments you made about our parking lot however. Keeping public areas clean is an ongoing chore for sure! Our company actually has a best practice in place where the parking lot is walked 3-4 times a day to make sure our outside appearance also reflects the inside. Starting early in the morning from our breakfast hostess, to our manager on duty down to our closing house person. We will continue to work and focus on this so great guest like you don't have to experience the bad behavior of others. We appreciate your feedback, there is always an opportunity to be better tomorrow than today!

Welcome back anytime,

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here along the way to myrtle beach. The reviews and the #1 hotel rating in Columbia is absolutely deserving. Great hospitality, and while there is easy access to shopping in the front vicinity, there is also a nice lake with biking trails in the back. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hello AmitB,

Wow, thank you so much for just an awesome compliment! We were so excited when we finally earned the #1 ranking in Columbia, SC this year and have worked just as hard to keep it! We know there are a lot of options in town (93 to be exact) and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We hope to have you back soon!

Best wishes,

Director of Sales

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.

Address: 101 Woodcross Drive, Columbia, SC 29212
Location: United States > South Carolina > Columbia
#1 Romantic Hotel in Columbia
#3 Business Hotel in Columbia
#3 Family Hotel in Columbia
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. 2.5*
Enjoy the great outdoors close to the Hampton Inn on the Lake at Harbison hotel in Columbia, SC. Request a free bicycle and helmet, and ride the paved trail along Lake Harbison adjacent to our hotel. Our pet loving families enjoy the short walk around the lake. We offer comfy and convenient accommodation for guests attending a conference at the Columbia Conference Center only 2 miles away. Walk to Columbiana Center Mall, Columbia's largest shopping district, and dine in one of our many restaurant options. Admire nature at Harbison State Forest, or take the family to Frankie’s Fun Park, just a mile away. Still need more? We're just minutes from the Historic Columbia Downtown District home of the USC Carolina Gamecocks, multiple state museums, sail on Lake Murray or take short drive to Historic Newberry. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn On The Lake At Harbison Hotel Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
Columbia Hampton Inn
Hampton Inn Harbison Blvd

If you own or manage Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.