“Great place to stay, lot to do in area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.

You added Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Woodcross Drive, Columbia, SC 29212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Hixson, Tennessee
“Great place to stay, lot to do in area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed on business for a couple of days during the week. Staff was great and checked with me several times to ensure all was well. Room was clean and functional. The free breakfast had a great selection and a waffle maker. There are endless places to eat within a 10 minute drive along with every kind of shopping you could want. The 0.6 mile walking trail around the lake is easy access from the hotel and makes for a relaxing end to your day. Could not ask for a better stay at a good rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your busy schedule and taking the time out to share! Part of being successful in the hospitality industry is the ability to make people feel comfortable and and home. It's hard when guest like yourself who are required to travel on business and having to leave the comforts of home; but it is a goal of ours to make our Hampton a place looking forward to! So rather on your next visit you take the time to read a book by the fire, watch a game or show on TV lakeside, or simply enjoy a fresh baked cookie in your room we hope we are always a nice relaxing end to a busy day!

Hope to see you "home" soon!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Sarasota, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I was on a long and arduous (solo) road trip from Maine to Florida when I happened on Hampton Inn on the Lake in Columbia. I stayed there because it was one of only a few hotels to accept pets (note to hotel management: this is increasingly important to older travelers).

The hotel is situated on a lovely lake with a wonderful walking path around the lake. Rooms are immaculate, staff is friendly and helpful, noises kept to a minimum, beds extremely comfortable and sheets clean and fresh (meaning not old and worn).

Though there were other pets in the hotel at the time, I didn't hear any pet noise (including from my own dog). One of the peeves I sometimes have with "pet-friendly" hotels is that they group all the pet rooms in one area. Dogs can scent each other or recognize noises from the room next door, and this often leaves them restless through the night, disturbing the sleep of the pet owner. A hotel that's properly managed understands pets are generally quiet if not aggravated by other nearby pets, and separates pet rooms from each other. This was beautifully managed at this hotel.

I have one criticism. The parking lot was a mess. There were cigarette butts, used condoms, and other trash left lying around, and I had to dodge several on my way in and out of the hotel for walks with my dog. Tasteless. In a hotel of this high quality, someone should be cleaning the parking lot daily. I was there for two days and saw no improvement.

Other than that, I give this hotel a happy five stars recommendation!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Meredith J,

First, let me just say thank you for taking the time for such a detailed review. We are glad you choose to stay with us and hope to have the opportunity again. We just went pet friendly this year (in April actually) and tried to think of everything when it came to our pet policy and procedures. I have actually shared your review and intake on being in a situation where you're "grouped" with other pet loving families! Our team focuses on keeping the hotel just as clean and comfortable, I'm glad you enjoyed the "clean & fresh" bed, that is actually what we call them!!

I do regret your comments you made about our parking lot however. Keeping public areas clean is an ongoing chore for sure! Our company actually has a best practice in place where the parking lot is walked 3-4 times a day to make sure our outside appearance also reflects the inside. Starting early in the morning from our breakfast hostess, to our manager on duty down to our closing house person. We will continue to work and focus on this so great guest like you don't have to experience the bad behavior of others. We appreciate your feedback, there is always an opportunity to be better tomorrow than today!

Welcome back anytime,

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here along the way to myrtle beach. The reviews and the #1 hotel rating in Columbia is absolutely deserving. Great hospitality, and while there is easy access to shopping in the front vicinity, there is also a nice lake with biking trails in the back. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hello AmitB,

Wow, thank you so much for just an awesome compliment! We were so excited when we finally earned the #1 ranking in Columbia, SC this year and have worked just as hard to keep it! We know there are a lot of options in town (93 to be exact) and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We hope to have you back soon!

Best wishes,

Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This hotel is the absolute best! We have had several family reunions at this Hampton Inn over the years and always enjoy our stay. The rooms are comfortable, the pool, gym, sitting area and lounge are great places to gather. As a parent I always feel comfortable to allow my teens to hang out at the lake and park. This is a wonderful place to relax. The continental breakfast is wonderful!!! The staff are friendly, professional, and always eager to please!

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms have a beautiful view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate groups like you! It was a pleasure hosting your group and we hope to have you back next year too! It's never to early to go ahead and get your group block on the books!

It means so much to me to hear our staff is always "eager to please". We continue to strive each day to make sure our staff is trained & sets goals to exceed our guest expectations-rather it is just to be there, or to make your day. It is one of our beliefs to always put forward a teamwork environment that provides a consistent service with a good attitude.

We hope to see you back next year!

cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This Hampton Inn was a stop for us on the way to Hilton Head. The hotel is very convenient to the highway (right at the exit) , but is in a very pretty setting. There is actually a good size lake with walking and biking trails right behind the hotel, and the hotel will lend you a 'cruiser type' bicycle to ride around the woods and lake ! Nice touch !
The rooms were very clean and spacious. The bathrooms were also clean and updated. I don't know how old this hotel is, but it looks fairly new. We had plenty of towels in our room, plus there is a microwave and small refrigerator in each room, which I used for our travel cooler contents.
The front desk staff is very friendly, and will recommend restaurants around the area, of which there are many to choose from. There is a hot breakfast in the morning for no charge, and it was good, however a bit crowded that morning (a Saturday morning in the summer is bound to be busy) and finding a seat was difficult.
I would definitely stay here again - a restful, comfortable stop for travelers heading on vacation !

Room Tip: Our room was on Floor 3 - very quiet. No road noise in this hotel - it's far enough from the hi...
Dear mykidsmomcleveland,

I'm glad you found us on your way to Hilton Head, we actually have many families who have made our hotel stop part of their destination! We hope you will begin to do the same as you kick off your annual vacations. We appreciate you recognizing all the hard work and renovations we put into the property last year, we actually just celebrated our 15th anniversary of opening and earned our 30th perfect inspection from Hilton within a month of each other! We're proud to work here and even prouder you noticed how hard the staff works to keep it clean and welcoming.

Thank you for choosing to stay!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Just left this wonderful hotel! It was in a great location and the rooms were very comfortable. Loved the lake trail with loads of wildlife. Sitting out by the pool under the covered area was so relaxing. Thank you to the wonderful staff for making our stay there extra special. Great job:)

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you PJsMommy for taking the time to submit a review! It sounds like you had a great stay, and that makes us smile. :0) I have already printed out your review and pinned it up on our communication board for our staff. Our staff works hard to make sure each stay is the best it can be and they always love hearing they were able to deliver!

Welcome back anytime!

Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I travel weekly for my job and have stayed in many hotels. However, I stayed here for a personal visit and chose it based on their pet policy for my daughter's pets. There is no pet fee or weight limit! This was the nicest Hampton Inn I have ever visited. The room was very comfortable, clean and affordable. The breakfast choices were outstanding. I enjoyed the covered patio by the pool complete with a TV for relaxing. Most of all, the staff were extremely pleasant and friendly. If you are anywhere near the Columbia area, you must stay here!

Omaha, NE

Hello Alines,

I'm so glad you had the opportunity to stay with us while traveling with your daughter. I am so thankful you had a great experience from which you were able to benefit from a nice, clean, friendly hotel and have your pets too! We appreciate your review, it is important to those other travelers looking for a great place to stay. Besides being newly pet friendly the outdoor living room is our newest addition. Having a comfortable place to sit, watch TV, BBQ or enjoy a fire is a wonderful way to end a busy day. We hope to have the opportunity to have you back again soon!

Safe travels,

Director or Sales

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.

Address: 101 Woodcross Drive, Columbia, SC 29212
Location: United States > South Carolina > Columbia
#1 Romantic Hotel in Columbia
#3 Family Hotel in Columbia
#3 Business Hotel in Columbia
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. 2.5*
Enjoy the great outdoors close to the Hampton Inn on the Lake at Harbison hotel in Columbia, SC. Request a free bicycle and helmet, and ride the paved trail along Lake Harbison adjacent to our hotel. Our pet loving families enjoy the short walk around the lake. We offer comfy and convenient accommodation for guests attending a conference at the Columbia Conference Center only 2 miles away. Walk to Columbiana Center Mall, Columbia's largest shopping district, and dine in one of our many restaurant options. Admire nature at Harbison State Forest, or take the family to Frankie’s Fun Park, just a mile away. Still need more? We're just minutes from the Historic Columbia Downtown District home of the USC Carolina Gamecocks, multiple state museums, sail on Lake Murray or take short drive to Historic Newberry. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn On The Lake At Harbison Hotel Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
Columbia Hampton Inn
Hampton Inn Harbison Blvd

If you own or manage Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.