“Great location and quality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.

You added Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Woodcross Drive, Columbia, SC 29212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Athens, Ohio
“Great location and quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The hotel is just off the interstate in northwest Columbia, but no traffic noise intrudes. Grounds and setting are great. Quick efficient service, very nice rooms, and very clean. Hotel staff were courteous and very helpful with suggestions, directions, and recommendations. Lots of restaurants nearby and a small mall. Access to almost all parts of the city, without the hassle of parking. Recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Hello BJW45701,

We appreciate the great review! We are very proud of our locations, it is something unique for sure compared to the other hotels in the area. A great advantage to sit in a valley surrounded by trees, Lake Harbison and don't forget the ducks!! A rare benefit to be in the middle of Columbia's shopping district. We hope to have you back again soon & hope you have safe travels along the way!!

Mellisa Ayer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

First and foremost stay at this hotel. Dont even bother going into Columbia, its not worth the gas. The small but very nice mall near the hotel will have food movies etc for everyone. The City of Columbia (other than the bars on Gervais) is not a good place to bring the family.

Room Tip: ask to be as far away from the elevator as possible
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Dear Gail,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about your recent stay at our Hampton. We are just minutes from USC as you mentioned and we are so grateful you chose to stay with us. The short drive is well worth the "bang for your buck" you will get at our Hampton, rates are always lower than downtown!!I hope rather your future visits are for USC Sporting Events, Parents Weekend or just visiting you will continue to stay with us here!! Hope to see you soon!

Safe Travels,
Mellisa
Dover, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Although most of the hotels I've recently stayed in were newer, the outstanding staff ("Z" shout out to you!), you should consider this hotel. They went above and beyond to accommodate the guests. The breakfast included most items, whereas at other locations, some of the items tend to be rotated on a daily basis. The location and proximity to a big mall and plenty of eateries. Additionally, you're right off the highway, but it's plenty quiet.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kewpie,

We are glad you stayed here! Although we are 14 years old we are always improving our property. Just last year we renovated all of the public areas, which I'm sure you were able to enjoy & recognize the difference. Our project boasts the new & modern Perfect Mix Lobby & meeting room, all new Jump Start fitness center, Saltwater pool with sundeck, and our favorite-the outdoor living room with 60" TV, gas fireplace and BBQ grill with a lakeside view!!

We also freshly painted all of our guest rooms and updated our 15 suites. This year we will be continuing & proceeding with our projects upstairs.

I invite you to come back soon & shared your "shout out" with the team about Zenobia... we will be sure to give her a pickle!

Safe travels,

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

One of the #1 Best Hampton Inns in SC. I choose this location for the weekend to Celebrate my Daughters "18th" Birthday with a few of her friends and the next day we topped it off with other guest. From the moment we arrived, the staff and accommodations were awesome. We had a King suite and they offered an additional roll out bed to accommodate us. During our entire stay, the staff made my daughther and her guest, feel like they were royalty. They even allowed me to have "rolling video gaming bus" come to hotel to entertain her party guest and they offered the use of the breakfast lounge area to decorate and celebrate her Big Day. They lounged in the Beutiful Decorated outside patio area and the hotel turned on the flat screen and lite the fire place for them to enjoy. They enjoyed the view of the lake and exercise room..Book here and the Hampton's staff want miss a beat on the meaning of "True Customer Service Satisfaction!!!"" My daughter wants to move in permanently..lol..They topped her weekend off by giving her a bag of goodies on that sunday (her birthday) and everyone saying ....Happy Birthday!! Thanks Hampton Inn for making this one of the Best Birthday's any young adult could have!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Paulette,

Wow, so glad you & your guest had such a great time! Sharing in celebrations with our guest is what we are all about! I am so thankful you had the opportunity to see our staff shine. I work with a lot of great people and it is because of them & wonderful guest like you that we're #1 on TripAdvisor!

We do hope your daughter had a memorable 18th birthday weekend and please know you are welcome back for all your future special occasions!! At our Hampton your not a guest-your family!

Hope to see you again soon,

Battle Creek, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

We were traveling to Florida from Michigan for our winter stay. I recently had surgery and was not feeling my "normal self". However, after a long day on the road, we pulled into the Hampton. I knew I could finally relax as we have stayed at Hamptons before and I knew the hotel room would be perfect! And it was...Had a great night's sleep and a great breakfast the next morning. Everyone we came in contact with from the front desk to the wonderful lady that took care of the breakfast area were so friendly!! As we left to continue on our way, she called out to us "thanks for staying at the Hampton"...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Sandi,

I am glad you were able to find our hotel during your travels home back in January. Our staff hopes you have had a 100% speedy recovery and back to business by now. We hope on any future travels which take you down 1-26 you will stop again, but this time come to have some fun! Hampton is a great brand, and you're so right, you can always count on a good stay; but form us we just want to say thank you for choosing us & experiencing our service, we know you have so many choices!!

Well Wishes!!!

toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

We had a suite at this hotel and it was definitely one of the nicest Hampton Inns we have stayed at.
The patio area by the pool has a big screen tv and a fireplace. Nice exercise room and our room looked over the lake.
The service at the front desk was very good-they gave us discount coupons for a nearby restaurant.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Trustmetrotravel,

Sounds like you had the chance to experience one of our master suites, and I am glad you had the lake view... it is a favorite among travelers!! We love our new patio, nothing like enjoy a cozy, relaxing afternoon in an outdoor living room-rather you were cuddled up next to the fireplace or watching the TV it is our goal to make you feel at home! We take our service seriously and strive to make each stay unique for our guest. We hope to have you back for a visit again soon!

Thanks for the good review & safe travels,

Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

This has to be one of the best Hampton Inns in the Carolinas. Situated in an area near many restaurants, a major mall and just far enough off the freeway to be quiet.
The staff here knows how to make you feel special, too. Every time I passed the front desk, someone would greet me by name. I stay here on business when I am in the Columbia area, but my wife and I stayed for several nights for a marathon event nearby. A few days later, we even got a card from Zenobia
Do yourself a favor and walk around to the backside of the Inn and see the lake. There is a great walking path around it and it is a nice place to start or end your day.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Paul,

First, let me tell you how much we appreciate you staying with us while in town on business. If there is ever anything I may do for you or your company do not be shy in letting me know!! I am so glad you & your wife stayed with us during the marathon, it was great to be a part of your group as the host hotel. We are already working on January 2013's booking, but I do hope you will be back before then!!

Zenobia is great, but all of our staff is wonderful about those special touches. It is our goal to speak to every guest, every time rather with just kindness or an unexpected delight! We love our location, minutes from downtown, within walking distance to Harbison Shopping & Entertainment District, but still tucked away quietly on Lake Harbison. I am glad you enjoy the walking trail around the lake and keep in mind we also have bikes for a cruise around the lake if you would like to switch out your cardio routine!!

Hope to see you again soon & safe travels in the meantime,

Director of Sales

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd.

Address: 101 Woodcross Drive, Columbia, SC 29212
Location: United States > South Carolina > Columbia
#1 Romantic Hotel in Columbia
#2 Business Hotel in Columbia
#3 Family Hotel in Columbia
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. 2.5*
Enjoy the great outdoors close to the Hampton Inn on the Lake at Harbison hotel in Columbia, SC. Request a free bicycle and helmet, and ride the paved trail along Lake Harbison adjacent to our hotel. Our pet loving families enjoy the short walk around the lake. We offer comfy and convenient accommodation for guests attending a conference at the Columbia Conference Center only 2 miles away. Walk to Columbiana Center Mall, Columbia's largest shopping district, and dine in one of our many restaurant options. Admire nature at Harbison State Forest, or take the family to Frankie’s Fun Park, just a mile away. Still need more? We're just minutes from the Historic Columbia Downtown District home of the USC Carolina Gamecocks, multiple state museums, sail on Lake Murray or take short drive to Historic Newberry. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn On The Lake At Harbison Hotel Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
Columbia Hampton Inn
Hampton Inn Harbison Blvd

If you own or manage Hampton Inn Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.