“A roach ruined it for me” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 15%
Ranked #12 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Knoxville, Tennessee
“A roach ruined it for me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2007

Made an impromptu overnight stop here because we were just to tired to keep driving. Would have been an average hotel and good enough for a one night stay if I hadn't noticed the roach bug crawling around on the bathroom sink area. Granted it was the one and only roach I saw but one is enough to ruin it for me entirely. I wanted to report it and leave but my husband simply killed the bug and overruled me. I stayed but slept with the light on and couldn't get out of there fast enough bright and early the next morning.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Gaithersburg MD USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2006

Spent one night here traveling thru the area. Hotel is located off of US 1 behind Amerisuite Hotel across from another hotel which borders on a Home Depot parking lot. There are five restaurants in walking distance in front of the Home Depot. After spending the day in the car we were pleased to be able to walk to dinner. The King-Jacuzzi room w/wet bar, an oversized room with sitting area, was clean and in great condition. The wet bar had a full size refrigerator as well as kitchen cabinets. The Jacuzzi was for one – small tub size, a disappointment. The included breakfast had a good selection including some high fiber choices and cut up fruit for nutrition conscious guests. The hot foods required the use of the microwave. The breakfast staff did a good job of replenishing the food. We were very satisfied with our stay and would stop here again; it is a good choice for those in transit thru the area. If we were going to spend several days in the Columbia area, we would look for a hotel in a more scenic location.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2006

Very average Hampton inn. Bathroom in our room was in need of serious renovation. Probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2006

Was planning a short trip to pick up my son from Ft. Jackson after Basic Training; Family Day and Graduation. Picked this hotel for location; close to airport and close to Ft. Jackson. Reseached a bit online to only find BAD reviews of many peoples experiences at many hotels in the area. So, my choice was a shot in the dark. Afterall, we were only going to be at any hotel for a long weekend! We were very happy with our pick! Hotel is 20 minutes from the airport and 10 or less minutes from Ft. Jackson! The bonus was that the hotel, staff, amenities was great! We even arrived in time for a complimentary "buffet" of cheese& crackers, hot dogs and beer and other beverages! Perfect after travelling! Our room (The king/studio/study) was great! Clean and roomy! With a microwave, mini frige, kitchen cabinets and it's own sink! The pull out sofa sheets seemed a little iffy, so I called the desk and within 3 minutes - they changed those sheets without a flinch! I brought my laptop computer so the free internet access was a breese. The two mornings we were there they had complimentary continental breakfast in the lobby area. The continental included a "nuke an omlet" (aka; microwave). I HAVE to have my egg a day; SO that was perfect for me on the run! They even had an "on the run" breakfast bags of goodies. I'm not sure what was in it; but what a nice option! The hotel is situated where you have everything you'd need as far as stores and dining within walking or just 1 minute of driving. THE only MINOR thing I can share is that upon my (requested in advance) late checkout of 1:00 pm instead of 12:00pm; I had a knock at the door by housekeeping at 12:45pm. Maybe I was overstressed by getting us and 2 soldiers situated with their luggage (aka; laundry bags and sacks of items) but I thought it was annoying that they remained outside the door. The hotel on this Friday was virtually empty. So I didnt see the big push to get out. BUT; thats THE only irritation. Other than that; perfect. Highly recommend it.

• Liked — location to Ft. Jackson
  • Disliked — the push to leave when the hotel was NOT busy
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2004

We stayed here on a Saturday night. The room was clean, the staff was friendly. They need a bigger sign indicating where they are because I drove past it on my way in. We will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2004

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area

Address: 1551 Barbara Dr, Columbia, SC 29223
Location: United States > South Carolina > Columbia
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#10 Family Hotel in Columbia
#11 Romantic Hotel in Columbia
#19 Business Hotel in Columbia
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast Hotel Columbia
Columbia Hampton Inn

If you own or manage Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.