“Not bad.” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
“Not bad.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Not a bad one night stay. The bed was comfy. Lots of hot water for the shower. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Not the worst place I've stayed last minute. The room was a little hard to find and I wish we could have parked closer to our room but we were in the middle section.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Southern Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I would like to start out by saying I am a fair person. We are a racing, traveling family and have staying in some less than desirable establishments, but if you are friendly, courteous and do a half way decent job at keeping things tidy I can deal with most anything. We drove 9 hours for a motorcycle event we would be attending in less than 12 hours, checked into the hotel and for the first time did not go directly to our room, we went next door for dinner as we were starving. After about an hour and a half in the restaurant we went back to the hotel, it was about 9pm, and to our surprise the hotel room had not been cleaned. Now when I say unclean I mean, beds still with dirty linens unmade, dirty disposable coffee cups on the tables, dirty towels in the bathroom on the rack and on the floor, which would also lead one to the obvious conclusion that the bath tub had not been clean, nor the toilet. Dirty used soap in the soap dishes, and half used shampoos.

As we exit the room, we realize the family we came with, same situation. Dirty room. We went to the front desk and there was a lobby full of people, apparently the poor clerk and a hotel full of dirty rooms, she herself was not aware they had not been cleaned. She had already cleaned 3 rooms herself, and they were running out of clean linens. She proceeded to call the Manager Becky and one of the families in the hotel asked for a free room for their inconvenience, she stated their would be NO free nights given. Ok, this is where I am a fair woman. Initially I would have just been happy with a discount and someone cleaning my room. No staff would come in, the manager refused to come in and there was a refusal of any discounts.

All other hotels were booked within a 50 mile radius, we had to be up in 8 hours and we still had a dirty room. My husband was able to obtain AT LEAST clean sheets and pillow cases, 2 clean towels, and the clerk herself came and cleaned the bathtub. She was very kind, overwhelmed and I felt sorry for her. We went to bed and at 11:00pm someone called and asked if we wanted our number given to the manager??? Really??? 11pm after all this, thanks but no I am trying to get some sleep, I will take care of the manager in the morning.

Upon checkout Becky our manager wanted to know how our room was...Well Becky how do you think it was? It was DIRTY. We cleaned it ourselves, and THANK GOD the people prior to us were clean and not slobs! She did not make eye contact her apology was no authentic and she gave us 20 dollars off our room. Oh yes and a free night good for a year, but only at that hotel. When will I be back? Maybe never! Oh and the fire alarm would randomly sound...

Sadly this looks bad for Quality Inn, many of them are starting to look very run down and this particular hotel, physically wasn't too bad. However, management needs a serious overhaul! Hospitality industry means just that. I did not feel clean, welcome and my sleep was desperately disturbed. Stay at the comfort suites next door if you need a room.

Room Tip: The door sticks, you think your keys don't work but you have to push with all your might.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Clinton hotels

Indianapolis, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Decided to try this place after reading reviews. Picked up a coupon book at a visitor center. Was suppose to be $49, but they charged us $55. Also, they charge for the safe. I wished I had seen that extra charge before leaving, as I would have contested that. We did not use the safe. I hate it when a hotel adds that charge on the final bill. Include it in the price, but don't add it on. Check in was fast. Room was OK. Just didn't get a good feeling when walking in the door that the room was clean. Toilet was dirty yet, and could use some dusting. Walls are fairly thin, as could hear the couple next to us all night long. We had no issues with the internet working. We walked to the restaurant next door, and was not disappointed with the service and food at all. Show your room key, and you will get 10% off. Breakfast had a decent selection of items. The usual...waffles, hot sausages, hard boiled eggs, cereal, juices, danish, biscuits and gravy. It was enough for us, so have no problems there. It's an OK place if just passing through.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Holiday, Fla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The nice lady at the desk was very helpful! right in front is a Restaurant where when you show your room key you get 10% off your check. The Restaurant was The Blue Ocean of Clinton. It was a great value and unlike most restaurants you actually got a good amount of food for your dollar. It was a good place to rest your head off the road.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mint Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Since my father's people came from the Clinton, SC area, I thought I'd drop in for a visit while the wife was out of town. Quality Inn seemed like a good choice because it was located close to where both my dad's parents were born. The hotel itself is partially hidden behind a large building but the signs are clearly visible from both Interstate 26 and state hwy 56. It's about 3 miles from downtown Clinton. The facility looked decent on the outside and the inside was neat and clean. The room I got was located in the back, but that isn't necessarily the best spot if you're looking for quiet. Thankfully, the highway noise wasn't too loud, but it could be heard. The bed was almost too soft. I didn't check but it felt like there were blankets beneath the sheets. The bathroom was fine and so was the shower. It's just the same complaint I have with most places using a shower curtain rod which curves out. It tends to sag, drawing the shower curtain away from the wall and allowing water to spatter on the floor. Details! The breakfast was adequate. I passed on the waffle to try the biscuits and gravy. It was fine. I noticed some people came into the breakfast area and immediately left because they didn't have a "real" breakfast. If I want a real breakfast, I'd go down the street. For the price, this offering was a bargain. Not sure about the soft mattress though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Camden,Oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband stayed here on a business trip. Close to the interstate. Room clean and comfortable bed. Breakfast ok. Just the usual. Enjoyed the swimming pool. Pool and pool area very clean. .Would stay here again. Great room for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Richmond
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Room was average. WiFi was terrible. Service was average quiet and not crowded. Plenty if fast food nearby. Next to I-26. Breakfast was average run of the mill stuff. Nothing special and nothing that said we value your business. Average

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Quality Inn Clinton? Share your experiences!