“OK PLACE TO STAY IF PASSING THROUGH” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
Indianapolis, IN
“OK PLACE TO STAY IF PASSING THROUGH”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Decided to try this place after reading reviews. Picked up a coupon book at a visitor center. Was suppose to be $49, but they charged us $55. Also, they charge for the safe. I wished I had seen that extra charge before leaving, as I would have contested that. We did not use the safe. I hate it when a hotel adds that charge on the final bill. Include it in the price, but don't add it on. Check in was fast. Room was OK. Just didn't get a good feeling when walking in the door that the room was clean. Toilet was dirty yet, and could use some dusting. Walls are fairly thin, as could hear the couple next to us all night long. We had no issues with the internet working. We walked to the restaurant next door, and was not disappointed with the service and food at all. Show your room key, and you will get 10% off. Breakfast had a decent selection of items. The usual...waffles, hot sausages, hard boiled eggs, cereal, juices, danish, biscuits and gravy. It was enough for us, so have no problems there. It's an OK place if just passing through.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Holiday, Fla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The nice lady at the desk was very helpful! right in front is a Restaurant where when you show your room key you get 10% off your check. The Restaurant was The Blue Ocean of Clinton. It was a great value and unlike most restaurants you actually got a good amount of food for your dollar. It was a good place to rest your head off the road.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mint Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Since my father's people came from the Clinton, SC area, I thought I'd drop in for a visit while the wife was out of town. Quality Inn seemed like a good choice because it was located close to where both my dad's parents were born. The hotel itself is partially hidden behind a large building but the signs are clearly visible from both Interstate 26 and state hwy 56. It's about 3 miles from downtown Clinton. The facility looked decent on the outside and the inside was neat and clean. The room I got was located in the back, but that isn't necessarily the best spot if you're looking for quiet. Thankfully, the highway noise wasn't too loud, but it could be heard. The bed was almost too soft. I didn't check but it felt like there were blankets beneath the sheets. The bathroom was fine and so was the shower. It's just the same complaint I have with most places using a shower curtain rod which curves out. It tends to sag, drawing the shower curtain away from the wall and allowing water to spatter on the floor. Details! The breakfast was adequate. I passed on the waffle to try the biscuits and gravy. It was fine. I noticed some people came into the breakfast area and immediately left because they didn't have a "real" breakfast. If I want a real breakfast, I'd go down the street. For the price, this offering was a bargain. Not sure about the soft mattress though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Camden,Oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband stayed here on a business trip. Close to the interstate. Room clean and comfortable bed. Breakfast ok. Just the usual. Enjoyed the swimming pool. Pool and pool area very clean. .Would stay here again. Great room for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Richmond
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Room was average. WiFi was terrible. Service was average quiet and not crowded. Plenty if fast food nearby. Next to I-26. Breakfast was average run of the mill stuff. Nothing special and nothing that said we value your business. Average

• Stayed August 2013
Beaufort, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have stayed at this motel several times. Just about all of the staff are extremely friendly and helpful, with the less than occasional oddball that is obviously there for the paycheck only or on a power trip, not to help the guests out. The rooms are very nice. They have the nicest décor, furniture, and carpet that I've ever seen in this motel chain. The tvs are even flatscreens. The location is great....right next to the freeway, with many fast food restaurants and a few sit down places, including a very good seafood restaurant at the edge of the parking lot...with 10% off for motel guests. The area is very quiet, and I always feel safe at this location. The only qualm that I have about the motel is its wireless internet access. I couldn't connect or had dropped connections about half of my visits there...and for the entire visit. I rely on the internet for my job, so it's an issue if I have a deadline and have to get the job done while on the road. I like staying here and will chance the internet access unless I have a deadline that would mean the end of my employment if I can't meet it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Christy S, General Manager at Quality Inn Clinton, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We truly take pride in making Our Hotel your Home away from Home. We have put in new routers so hopefully that will fix the internet problem that you were having. We appreciate your business and enjoy taking care of your lodging needs. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay in Clinton, SC.
Northwest Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stopped here overnight (at 1:30 am!) while traveling for vacation. Many hotels we passed were full due to sports tournaments and conventions. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating to get us two rooms on such short notice. The rooms were clean although not perfect and price was very good. Beds comfortable. Breakfast was good and staff was very nice to offer to keep it open a little longer so we could sleep in a bit. The rooms were quiet with nice air conditioning, although it is obvious that they have updated some rooms more than others. Even though we didn't use the pool or exercise facilities, they were nice and clean. We would definitely stay here again if the need arose for a night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Christy S, Manager at Quality Inn Clinton, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your stay at the Quality Inn of Clinton. We value our guest opinion and we thank you for taking the time to do our survey. We look forward to seeing you again!

Christy Shelton

Been to Quality Inn Clinton? Share your experiences!