“Will not stay again” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Clinton
Clinton, South Carolina
“Will not stay again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

My name is Warren. My wife and I checked in about 5:30 on Saturday May 19, 2012. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. After returning from eating we unpacked and went to the pool to relax. The garbage can was overflowing with beer cans and bottles and appeared to have been that way awhile. The bottom of the pool was filthy and grass was floating in it. We wouldn't go in. When we returned to the room I turned on the TV and the volume was on as high as it would go and would not decrease. I took the remote to the front desk and was given another remote. It too would not work. The receptionist appoligized, explained the house cleaning crew should have checked it but must have forgotten. She did tell me how to reach around the side and manually adjust the volume. I picked up the ice bucket to go fill it and found several pieces of hair on the counter. We had not been to that part of the counter so we knew it wasn't ours.
I will not stay here again and recommend anyone reading this find another place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

My name is Steve Craig and I have had the pleasure of staying at the Quality Inn, in Clinton, SC on more than one occassion. The manager Christy Shelton was very professional and helped me with everything my fiance and I needed. When we were ready to leave she checked us out with a smile and a great attitude. I will be staying at this hotel whenever I am in town.
Steve Craig

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Tidewater, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Checked in on a Saturday. Visiting a relative in college in Clinton, SC; we hoped to find a 'home away from home' to stay in for events over the next year or so. This motel is NOT that place.

We checked in, unpacked quickly to get to a college game. We began to look around at the room condition: Very dirty floors, carpet had about a 2in perimeter of dirt all around the room.

Found dirty cotton balls under the bedskirt; found a nasty used towel under the other bed; bathroom floor was dirty with tracked-in leaves or mud, corners very dirty, shower curtain mildewed. Vanity had cigarette burn and undetermined blob near the faucets. Furniture was shabby, chair seats stained, one pillowcase seemed to have a footprint on it.

Went to front desk and politely noted the room's bad condition. Front staff exceptionally nice (albeit apparently unable to really help), wrote down the issues - she told us she'd tell the mgr on Monday; however, we were checking out early Monday.

We asked if there were other non-smoking rooms on the quieter side, none available; their other rooms w/o "upgraded TV" were rarely rented, staff seemed reluctant to move anyone there. Our room faced the back of a fish restaurant, and the area was littered.

Since we were late for a college event, we decided to stay in place and tough it out. On the way out the door we noted debris, cigarette butts, trash in our parking area.

Breakfast was adequate; usual donuts, muffins, etc. We'd rather pay $25 per night more for a clean non-smoking room.

Room Tip: Our tip would be to choose another motel.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Clinton hotels

Sanford, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

This property is a bit dated, but they try to keep things updated.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I have typically booked at a Hampton Inn, or equivalent, when I need an a room for non-holiday travel. However, I am increasingly annoyed by their pricing. Even in small out of the way towns Hampton Inns are now asking around $100 per night. This is far too much for properties which, more often than not, need a good cleaning, repainting, carpet replacement, and improvement in front desk staff training.

I recently had to be in the Greenwood, SC area for a one night business stop-over. The Hampton Inn in Greenwood and in neighboring Clinton were asking at or above $100, not including tax. I have not been to the Clinton property, but I have stayed at the Greenwood Hampton as recently as this summer and it is not worth paying that price again.

So, I found this property on Trip Advisor and booked a room for $59 (AAA rate).

Quality Inn Clinton is right off I-26 / Hwy 56 exit outside Clinton. It is an old style property - two adjacent two story buildings with outside entrance to the rooms. However, as others have stated below, the rooms have been recently updated.

I received a large room that was clean, new carpet, and all lamps and bathroom fixtures in good working order. The room has a good work desk, a microwave, mini fridge, iron, ironing board and a small safe for valuables.

I was especially pleased that the room had good lighting (a desk lamp, a floor lamp and two bedside table lamps) which is unfortunately not a common finding in most "standard business" hotel rooms, even at twice this daily rate.

Breakfast is included in the room rate. It is similar to the do it yourself breakfasts found in most hotels nowadays. Nothing special, but enough to get you out the door in the morning.

Free Wi-Fi worked well and no special connection code necessary to get online. There is a computer and printer in the front office for guest use it you do not have a laptop.

I requested and received a non-smoking room. It was true to its name. The room had NO evidence of cigarette smell nor any heavy perfume odor that is often used in hotels to cover up when someone smokes in a non smoking room. Much appreciated.

The front desk clerk the night I checked in and the next morning when I checked out were both cordial, helpful, efficient and well trained.

It is not perfect. Landscaping around the buildings is minimal and the furnishings in the breakfast area are utilitarian. My room was at the end of the building closest to the Interstate and I could hear road noise while reading in the room at night. However, it did not interrupt my sleep at all.

This is not a place one would take the family on vacation. But if you just need a place to sleep and, like me, you are tired of paying $100+ a night for a $50 per night room then consider Quality Inn Clinton.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I usually stay at the Hampton Inn in Clinton, but their rate was $90/night vs. $59/night for the Quality Inn, so for that difference, the Hampton is not worth it. You get a nice, clean, UPDATED room that is more than adequate. Staff is very friendly and it is located right behind the seafood restaurant. For the price, excellent value! Hotel is laid out old school style, with the rooms opening to the outside, not a hallway, but seems very safe around here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Nothing extraordinary here, but it's a good basic motel. Large, clean room, mini-fridge, microwave, etc.
Front desk staff friendly. Price was good, so it was a good value for a night's stay on the road

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Quality Inn Clinton? Share your experiences!