“Nice place to stay, clean and reasonable” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“Nice place to stay, clean and reasonable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Location was good, right off interstate 26. I booked the room on AAA and got a Suite at a good rate. The king bed was very comfortable and the room was clean and neat. Tv and internet worked fine. A couple small things while they advertise a two person whirlpool in the suit it is only suitable for one adult or two small children and also the kitchenette consists of coffeemaker, microwave, and small refrigerator. Breakfast was good but area is very congested and there is quite a wait to get through the line.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Leland, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We arrived there at 1:00 a.m.. My mother and I stopped there on our way to Greenville to a transplant evaluation clinic. We were greeted and given a room promptly. The room was very nice compared to other hotels and motels I've stayed in. We didn't use the television or the microwave considering we just wanted to sleep, but the mini-fridge worked fine. The beds were nice and I loved having fluffy pillows for once. The breakfast later that morning was very filling and well prepared. If I had one complaint, it's that the internet kept timing out too fast on my tablet so that I couldn't get on the internet. Thank you for a great time. If I ever find myself that far west (I'm from Leland, NC) I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Florence, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Reserved several rooms for family members attending Presbyterian College graduation in May. Was absolutely surprised to find such a suitable hotel for the price! I was a bit concerned about the appearance of the grounds surrounding the hotel, but very pleased with the interior of the hotel. The hotel clerk was courteous and efficient, but I know she wished she had more help as several people arrived all about the same time to check in (I checked into five rooms). Beds were very comfortable and all of our rooms had a sitting area, as well as a fridge and microwave. A nice breakfast was provided, so I knew my guests could grab a quick bite before the 10 am graduation. Overall, I was very impressed - this interstate hotel certainly exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Basye, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I belong to a golf club outside Clinton. It has its own rooms and cottages. All the rooms at the club were taken so I stayed here. The room was large with a small fridge and microwave. It really is a nice place. I stayed four nights and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Sherry A, General Manager at Comfort Suites Clinton, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise concerning our property during your recent stay with us.

Given the very nature of hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That’s why it’s truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say “THANK YOU”.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night’s stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it’s only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We’re committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just completed a 5 night stay. Staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. Rooms are larger than any other hotels in the same price range and include a sitting area along with a refrigerator and microwave. Very comfortable bed and the climate controls permitted us to cool the room to our preferred frosty condition. This was my third stay, and it won't be the last.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not directly above the front door. Can be a bit noisy with people nattering...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Saint Albans, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel was above average, and exceeded my expectations for the price we paid. The staff was competent, if somewhat business like. The room was comfortable, and the breakfast was fine. It was easy to find, and just far enough off the highway that noise was not an issue.

I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sherry A, General Manager at Comfort Suites Clinton, responded to this review, April 16, 2013

Sturgis, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were looking for a nice place to stay on our way from Michigan to Florida during Spring Break. Booked a room through Priceline and checked in about 11:00 p.m. Check in was quick and easy and the room was very nice. The only issue that we ran into was with breakfast. While breakfast overall was good, we ran into issues with having to wait for different items to be replenished. It seems to me that we may have just happened to get there shortly after a big breakfast rush, so I didn't think it was a huge deal. Overall a very nice hotel and I would have no problem staying in the same hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sherry A, General Manager at Comfort Suites Clinton, responded to this review, April 1, 2013

Been to Comfort Suites Clinton? Share your experiences!