“Business trip made better” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Clemson
Bessemer, Alabama
“Business trip made better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I travel extensively with my job. Currently I am working at a Duke Power facility and am staying at the Clemson Comfort Inn. I would like to say that from the initial phone call to book my room 5 months ago, and for my entire stay here the service and staff have been outstanding. Fred, Ty and Dawn at the front desk made me feel like family. Don the maintenance man even invited us to his church which was most enjoyable. These folks all take customer service to a level commensurate with a much more expensive property. The property underwent a sale, and is being renovated still. The improvements are noticeable and significant. 5 stars all the way. My wife and I may make excuses to stop here again in the future, just to see the friendly staff again if for no other reason.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
April M, Manager at Comfort Inn Clemson University Area, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I will be sure to share it with the staff. It is always great to hear about the positive experiences during a guests stay. We hope that we will see you again soon! Thank you again for giving our hotel a chance to provide you a home away from home experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Istanbul, Turkey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in November 2013. The room, especially the bathroom, smelled musty. The wifi is a laugh. While it would connect, it was not possible to even download email. My room was next to an outdoor exit and a mechanical room. There was a periodic mechanical noise that, everytime it started, woke me up. When I complained to the front desk, the response was "Sorry bout that". Find another place to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. As of August 29th, the hotel is under new ownership and several changes are being made including major room updates starting this month. Also, a new contract has been submitted for a faster wireless provider. I do apologize for the inconvenience that the wireless may have caused.

Lakewood, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

First, I'm grateful to have found a room late at night. The staff was very helpful. The location was very quiet and I slept most of the night. The bed was soo soft that I needed to put a pillow between my husband and me to prevent us both from ending up in the middle pit. The room was clean, but the previous remodel was not well done. I'd stay here again, but I'd first try another hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. The property is now under new ownership and the rooms are currently being updated. I hope you will visit Clemson in the future and check out our updated rooms. Thank you and we hope to see you again!
Clemson, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is the second visit in a row this month and the wireless Internet is unstable - the signal cuts out completely I'd say 25% of the time so don't come here if you depend on it. I told the front desk and they said they were aware of the problem-they knew about this problem last year.
One moring when we came to breakfast 1/2 hour before breakfast was supposed to be closed all the biscuits were gone and the kitchen staff said it was too late to bake more. No big deal unless you want a biscuit . Last time 2 weeks ago the room for eating breakfast didn't have the tables set up so we had to move the tables ourselves. These are little things, but when you are paying $240 per night I expect more...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using your review to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. As of August 29th, the hotel is under new ownership and several changes are being made including major room updates starting this month. Also, a new contract has been submitted for a faster wireless provider. I do apologize for the inconvenience that the wireless may have caused.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We came in to Clemson for homecoming. Compared to other places this was affordable and friendly. Looks like some updating could be done,but then I over heard someone say that they have new owners now. I will most likely stay again next time I'm in the area.Great location.

Room Tip: The suites are very nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
April M, Manager at Comfort Inn Clemson University Area, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. As of August 29th, the hotel is under new ownership and several changes are being made including major room updates starting within the next 6 to 12 months. We hope to see you again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The housekeeping staff was very nice and helpful, and the free breakfast is edible. That's about it. The rooms smell musty, the free wi-if is practically non-existent, the toilets don't completely flush, and the front desk staff is clueless.

• Stayed September 2013
Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. As of August 29th, the hotel is under new ownership and several changes are being made including major room updates starting within the next 6 to 12 months, including a new internet provider.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again!
Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here June 2013 for 2 nights while attending a family wedding, this spot was only chosen as it is pet friendly and the host hotel was not. I can't complain too much, it was about what I expected. I found the beds comfortable, but the bathroom was extremely small and tight. Housekeeping was a bit lacking in this worn, outdated room. The morning breakfast was just OK. On both mornings two older gentleman, who just appeared to be just be visiting for breakfast, were served their "regular" by the attendants. Seems as though staff were expecting these two and even commented they were right on time! Who knows what that was all about, maybe they are the owners?!? Just weird and odd. The thing I found that was the most weird was a taxi driver, he seemed to come and go on his runs and then take "homestead" on the sofa in the day lounge off the front desk to watch TV. Day or night he was permanent fixture. We just laughed about these oddities, as I guess it's Southern Hospitality. Bottom line...would I stay here again...Not Likely.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Clemson University Area? Share your experiences!