“Skimpy on the Shripmy” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Skimpy on the Shripmy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Had the fried shimp poboy sandwhich and got tatered on the amount of shrimp they put it in. I only counted 6 or 7 pieces. It was mainly a bread sandwhich. The vibe was great along with the service. The wife liked her food.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Clemson, South Carolina
“Terrible experience and not worth a trip!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

First of all Palemetto's only does well because they cater to the locals of Clemson. They could aren't very welcoming to students. The food is so salty because they just throw a bunch of seasoning on it right before it hits your table. It also was cold because service here is SLOW!! You could be waiting for 30+ mins for your food. When I was eating here, I witness the guy manager explode on a customer because he complained he had been waiting for his food for over an HOUR!
I went to go to the restroom and saw someone clipping their fingernails in the back where they prepare the food!! Gross!! It made me sick to my stomach thinking what other food hazards there could be.
If I were looking for a good restaurant to eat at, it is NOT this place! You will regret coming here.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Clemson
“I would think twice before going if your going to eat anything besides the oysters.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We went to the location in Anderson for lunch and ordered the redneck Rockefeller oysters( $27 for a dz. and the price wasn't on the menu) and they were pretty good. However it went south from there. Our waitress said that the full menu wasn't available for lunch, but I didn't see that on the website I looked at before going. The waitress had to come back to our table serval times to make sure the orders was correct and we still didn't get the correct order. I ordered a hamburger, since they didn't have the smokehouse sampler available. However she brought out a BLT, and she said the kitchen made a mistake. So the burger came out 10mins later the burger tasted burned with no favor at all and the fries tasted different, had a sweet taste. Someone else ordered a pulled pork sandwich, and it didn't taste like it was smoked. The sauce was sweet and tasted like something you could get from a grocery store.
I live in Clemson but went to the location in Anderson due to a groupon deal only available there. If you live in Clemson I would go to Blue Herron or Sardi's Den if you want good food with good service.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clemson, South Carolina
“Redneck fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We went there at 8:00 pm on Saturday night, and only seats at the bar were available. We took them and ordered beer and raw oysters. Both were very good, though it took fifteen minutes for the one shucker to open a dozen. We noticed no one else at the bar had food, but lots of blank stares. Our beers were dry for awhile before we could flag someone down to order another and ask for someone to take our food order. A few minutes later they came ("... we might be out of catfish. Let me ask the kitchen. .... I think we're out of that. ... Can we get another menu? ...") Very quickly then our oyster po boy and shrimp and grits came out. Both were excellent. Meanwhile, other bar patrons were waiting, finding out the kitchen was out of their order, or generally looking for a server. The oyster man and the bartender did seem to be very busy running around the kitchen and restaurant. A few customers expressed frustration, two overweight men most loudly. Finally, the bartender told one, "back off." He jumped up and leaned over the bar shouting. The bartender shouted back, asked him to go outside, and was led away by other employees. A customer across the bar said, "These two puckers have been [whining] the whole time." The overweight woman in a tube top between the two men started on the other customer. Then his date opened up on the tube top. Employees came to break up the colorful argument between the two women. The original complainer said he was ok and left. The two women wouldn't quit. Fat guy number two said he would pay the check, but then argued with the manager(?) over the bill and paying it. One employee finally got the women to quiet down, but they erupted every minute or so. Finally, the heavyweights left. We didn't see the bartender again. The manager apologized several times to us. The patrons were completely out of line, but the disorganized service was the ultimate cause. Too bad, because the food was really tasty.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seneca, South Carolina
“Haters gonna hate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I had a great meal here last weekend. I love oysters and my wife and I have eaten here three or four times. We were a little disappointed with the service last time we came, but this time it was great. Our waiter told us he worked in the kitchen as well and was very knowledgable about the menu and ingredients they use. We followed his recommendation and ordered the shrimp five ways, which was fantastic; a huge platter with what must have been 50 shrimp cooked 5 different ways. We also ordered 2 dozen grilled oysters that were cooked perfectly. My advice to the guy who wrote the last review is don't go eat dinner at a seafood restaurant and order a cheeseburger.

• Visited April 2014