“Excellent property and convenient for visit to Clemson” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clemson - Univ Area

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clemson - Univ Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clemson - Univ Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1381 Tiger Boulevard, Clemson, SC 29631   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Clemson
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Excellent property and convenient for visit to Clemson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed at this hotel 1/23/14 and 1/24/14 while in town for college visits to Clemson and another university. The hotel is spotless. Check-in was fast and easy. The room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. There were soft and firm pillows on each bed.
The breakfast buffet had a lot of choices- pancakes, bacon, sausage, cereal, bagels, eggs, etc.
That area was kept very clean. The pool was out of service while we were there, but the fitness center was very nice. Would definitely stay here again. Its location is very convenient to Clemson and the downtown area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed here for a few nights while visiting Clemson University. The front desk was extremely helpful, the rooms were very clean, and the staff was attentive to our needs. The hotel itself is easy to miss when driving but it is very close to the University. I would recommend to a friend!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Being that it is winter and there were no Clemson games. We basically had the hotel to ourselves. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Although somethings in the rooms need to be upgraded. I was expecting a little bit more for what I paid. Overall experience was ok nothing very bad or good just in between.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clemson - Univ Area, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Dee B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to note that you liked our hotel and friendly staff. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I apologize for any shortcomings you may have experienced in your room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
North Augusta, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stay here once or twice a month on a regular basis.The rooms are nicely decorated and super clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff is always cordial, and as others have stated, Marty is the friendly face at the front desk who is always cheerful and greets me by name. He is a great resource for questions and recommendations about the area. I have stayed at several other hotels in Clemson in the same price range, but since finding Holiday Inn Express, it's now my preference,

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn the last three years. We continued coming back because of the service and the friendly atmosphere created by the employees. Marty and Candice have always been great to us and accommodating. We highly recommend the Clemson Holiday Express.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I love how they incorporated Clemson University into the hotel decor and has every amenity you could want. The staff, especially Marty, are southern hospitality at its finest. Check in was quick and easy, which I was thankful for. I slept like a baby on the comfortable beds and will definitely stay here the next time I visit the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I recently stayed here for my third time and I was even more impressed than the past times. The front desk clerk, Marty, remembered my name and face and greeted me with a Welcome Back before I could set down my bags. I was upgraded to a suite and I was very pleased with the accomodations. Being a priority member does have its perks. The breakfast food could use some help. Although there is a variety, the eggs seemed just barely warm. I recommend this hotel to everyone! The indoor pool is a hit too!

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms near the ice machine. They can be noisy. The corner suites are large and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
hixclemson, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clemson - Univ Area, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear notredamefan1965,

Thank you for submitting a review on our hotel, we appreciate your kind words about our hotel and staff. We also appreciate the feedback on breakfast, we will look into that and definitely make some improvements. Thanks again for taking the time to submit a review! We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clemson - Univ Area? Share your experiences!