“Greatest hotel near Clemson University” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   851 Tiger Boulevard, Clemson, SC 29631   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 9 hotels in Clemson
FL
“Greatest hotel near Clemson University”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Staff knowledgeable of activities at Clemson University. Entire staff is always helpful. Extremely clean rooms. Being close to campus and with all the guests it’s still a peaceful place to “go home” to at the end of the day.

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We needed a place to stay in Clemson and stopped at the Hampton. We were very tired so we walked across the street to Western Sizzlin where we had a wonderful meal. We got a great rate at the Hampton and there were cookies in the lobby. Our room was very quiet so we had a wonderful sleep. I went for a quick run in the morning so I had a banana before my run. The waffles at breakfast were wonderful. I watched as the lady who was looking after the breakfast area took waffles, syrup and honey to a couple across from us. Everyone who worked at the Hampton was so kind.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel and all hampton Inns are always meeting my expections. The breastfast was fantastic and satisifying. WE were made to fell welcome as soon as we walked in. the reception was knowledgable and helpful

Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I graduated on Friday, August 9th with my master's degree from Clemson. My fiance and I stayed at the Hampton Inn the night before graduation.

The check in process was very slow. Though the hotel was completely booked, there were only 3 people in front of us; however, we had to wait almost 20 minutes to get checked in.

However, everything else about the hotel was great!!! Our room was clean, nicely furnished, and very comfortable. My family stayed at the Days Inn further down the street and had an awful experience. Compared to what they experienced, I felt like royalty staying in this Hampton Inn.

We liked the set of toiletries they were supplied in the bathroom: the typical shampoo, conditioner, and lotion...but also mouthwash, a nail file, cotton balls, q-tips, and a shower cap.

There was a light fixture along the very top of the desk/study area that gave the room a very nice ambiance. Accessing wi-fi was not complicated and the connection speed was faster than any I've experienced at other hotels.

I've seen other reviewers mention active train tracks near the hotel. I can say I never heard a train at any point while at the hotel and I stayed up pretty late that night. The hotel overall was very quiet, the lobby area was very nicely decorated. I did not attend the morning breakfast but my fiance did. He was very impressed. Because of the number of people in the hotel, there wasn't enough room for him to sit in the breakfast area to eat. He brought his food back up to our room and I got to take a lot at it. It looked very good.

My fiance and I were both extremely impressed with this hotel. It represented the Hampton Inn brand very well and we both agree that we'll definitely consider Hampton Inns for any future trips.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor near the stairs. There weren't really any other rooms close to us and...
Evanston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This Hamton Inn was a very clean Hotel , clean room, clean bed covers, sheets etc very clean, staff very nice. Lovely soft towels, ample supply, check in check out excellent, complimentry breakfast above average

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Have stayed at thei Hampton on several occasions and have never been dissatisfied. Great hotel, immaculate housekeeping, the best staff, great location if visiting Clemson University. Can't beat the breakfast each morning, as good as homemade.

Seneca, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

New hotel. Price is ridiculous compared to other hotels in the area. I wanted to "treat" myself to a very nice hotel. Not worth it. Except for a couple people staff is not friendly. "Hot" breakfast food was cold and disgusting. Staff did not stand behind satisfaction guarantee. My fault for not looking it up, but there is not Jacuzzi.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Clemson? Share your experiences!