“Best Hotel in Clemson” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tillman

You added Hotel Tillman to your Saves list
Hotel Tillman
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1303 Tiger Blvd., Clemson, SC 29631 (Formerly Sleep Inn)   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Clemson
Aiken, South Carolina
“Best Hotel in Clemson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is my favorite hotel in Clemson. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, and friendly people! What more could you ask for! Room has small frig, keurig, microwave, hair dryer, ironing board and iron, lots of outlets (both regular and USB), cable, and free internet.

Room Tip: All rooms appear same to me.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our sports team has stayed at Hotel Tillman the last two years while in Clemson for a week of training. The staff has always been friendly and helpful which is key when travelling with a team. The beds are very comfortable and the remodeled rooms reflect local landmarks. The housekeeping service was good and we found the rooms clean and neat. The breakfast service is good and our hungry athletes always had plenty to eat. I liked the fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt options. The on demand coffee offering both regular and decaf was great. The price for the rooms was reasonable. The one improvement would be the wifi service. In the evening when demand is high, it bogs down.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Summerville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stay in Clemson several times a year for horse shows. We thought we would make a change from the chain hotel. We were pleasantly surprised at the nice atmosphere, very helpful staff - clean and inviting rooms and common areas. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: do not get the room near the laundry
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here on business. I was amazed at the low price and was happy to see that it was on par with Marriott Fairfield Inn! Very clean, newly renovated, comfortable beds and nice breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel. I just hope it can survive the parties of Clemson fans!!

Room Tip: I always choose a high floor at all hotels.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was in Clemson for a business trip, and this hotel was at convenient location for me. On arrival, I was greeted by a very friendly and warm staff. I found the hotel very clean and especially my room very comfortable and relaxed, since that is the most that I look in a place after a mentally exhausting meeting. The breakfast was excellent and fresh. I am very particular about my coffee, which was at its very best. All in all, I would definitely recommend it for anyone who wants to be in a relaxed and clean place.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Nita P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tillman, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your time to submit this review.I am glad you had a comfortable stay at Hotel Tillman.Also glad you found your room relaxing and clean.We have introduced Starbucks coffee for breakfast,beside it being in the rooms,and happy to hear you enjoyed it.
Hope to see you on your next visit to Clemson.
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Upon our arrival, it didn't take us long to see this was an older building, and was still baring the scars of those who had gone before. So our first impression wasn't very good.
When we got inside, the desk attendant was standing in the eating area chatting with some friends. Maybe he was helping other stayers? I am not sure. But he finished his conversation before checking us in ( yes, he saw us*) While checking us in, he felt the need to ask us "20 questions"....ex- why are you here, etc.. So that didn't get us off to a good start, by no means.
When we got to the elevador, it sounded like a rattle box that was barely on it's hinges. And it seem to shake a lot while it was moving from floor to floor. It was a little bit of a concern.
The main hall ways needed vacuuming, but we were able to over look that. For the most part.
Getting to our room, we were very disappointed. The AC ran for 2 days, and never seem to cool the room very good. I knew it was working, just not very good (yes, I had it on cool/high). THEN** There's the bath room- one of the worst hotel bath rooms we had ever seen. A sliding door leads you in to what feels like a coat closet. Toliet on 1 side, and a shower on the other side. And who ever installed the shower, did a horrible job. It was like taking a shower in a 1965 trailer. And the bottom moved while you were taking a bath. Then the shower door; It was not sealed off, and water poured out unto the floor, under the door, then out to where the beds were. Complete disaster.
Now, on the good side.... there was a nice 40 something inch TV, small fridge, and a tiny microwave. So we made it through our small stay.
Through out the whole hotel, you could tell they did a real quick patch work job to try and get the hotel looking half way descent. It was really done very poorly. Quite frankly, I just can't see us staying here ever again, under these circumstances. Especially since the hotel wasn't any cheaper than anywhere else in the area.
Pretty sure there was not a POOL, but they did have a descent breakfast-- biscuits, waffles, eggs, juice etc. AND A GREAT CUP OF COFFEE! Least that was good, right.
All in all, I didn't find our experience very good at all. But like I said, for a short stay. We made it through.
(Wi-Fi available- very slow, couldn't use it.)
I stayed here in early April, but you will find this hotel convenient during football season- right in the heart of Clemson.
I can see why now the "SLEEP INN" decided to let it go, I would.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, completely
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for submitting this review.I am sorry for the inconvenience you had during your stay.We have 24 hour front desk to help anytime you have problem with your stay.We will try to take care of it right away.
Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015

My room was very nicely decorated, comfortable, and clean. Staff was very helpful: they replied promptly to my emails and changed my reservation with no charge when my flight to Greenville was canceled due to a winter storm. The only thing that could be improved in breakfast.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit this review.I am glad you found Hotel Tillman decoration nice and our staff helpful.We are constantly upgrading our breakfast choice.
Once again Thank you for your kind words!!

Been to Hotel Tillman? Share your experiences!