“very comfortable stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tillman

You added Hotel Tillman to your Saves list
Hotel Tillman
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1303 Tiger Blvd., Clemson, SC 29631 (Formerly Sleep Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Clemson
“very comfortable stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My room was very nicely decorated, comfortable, and clean. Staff was very helpful: they replied promptly to my emails and changed my reservation with no charge when my flight to Greenville was canceled due to a winter storm. The only thing that could be improved in breakfast.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Depew, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I live in Buffalo NY. We had to come to Pendleton SC due to a death in our family. Didn't have a lot of time to plan this trip. When we arrived the hotel was clean, our room was very nice, the hotel staff was outstanding. Our car was very dirty from the road, and due to the cold temperatures, no car washes were open. We had to go to the funeral, so the hotel manager & another gentleman stood outside in the freezing cold and washed the outside of our car and when offered a tip they wouldn't accept it. Just stated they were "happy to help." The breakfast was great. Freshly prepared food with many choices! The hotel staff seemed happy and attentive to our needs. We checked out, and then because of the needs of a family member, decided that we needed to spend one more night, so I called the hotel, it was booked up due to a fishing tournament. Instead of just hanging up the manager asked me to call back in a half hour, there might be a cancellation, so I called back and he booked the room for us for the additional night. My wife and I were very happy with the hotel and the staff. We would definitely stay again & would recommend the hotel to anyone. Russell & Denise Mongiovi

Room Tip: would recommend any room
Nita P, General Manager at Hotel Tillman, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you very much for this review.I am glad we were able to help and accommodate your request for one more night stay.We would love to have you stay with us on your next visit to Clemson.

Mike
Madisonville, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

Poor is for the attempt to market itself as a boutique hotel. It is a repainted Sleep Inn. and the paint job is not good either.
I would give a GREAT to the night manager. I showed him the bathroom, with the tiles missing and gaping area around it. He offered to move us. He made a call so we could get some dinner. I expected better based on the photos I saw on line when researching places to stay for a Clemson visit. The shower door opens backwards, so one must get in the shower to turn it on. The breakfast is sub par. The bed linens are new,,but on what I surmise to be old soft mattresses. The room was clean. The wifi did not connect. When it did it was poor and cut off, so I would not count that as a wifi.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Nita P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tillman, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank for you time and feedback.I am glad our staff was able to deliver GREAT service and our rooms are Clean.We have been operating as Hotel Tillman -a upper mid scale boutique hotel since 2014 and have had overwhelmingly great response.We are trying to better ourselves each day and we take your feedback as an opportunity to improve.

Thank You Once Again!!
Snellville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2015

Hard to sleep with Train Track within 50 feet of the hotel. Air conditioning did not work. Turned on fan but it would come on and off. Room was clean and updated. Breakfast was free. Not worth the price

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback.I am glad to hear you found our rooms clean and updated.I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experience with us.

Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2015

Our room was overly perfumed 7 hours after check-in, the train behind the hotel came through every 2 hrs, bathroom smelled like cat urine/missing tiles. However, the bed was comfortable. Definitely not recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: The wifi was in and out. By the way, someone tried entering our room all night. There appears to b...
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2015

Can’t say enough good things about this property.
Have made several recent business trips to the Clemson area and I always stayed here.

Rooms are quiet, very clean & neat.
Entire staff is friendly, courtesy and helpful.
While I wasn’t looking for any fine dining, there are a number of eating establishments within a couple of blocks in either direction.

And, travel to the University campus is very convenient, if that is your ultimate destination.

I will be staying here on my future trips and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: all the rooms I have stayed in [numerous trips] have all been neat, clean & quiet
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank You for taking the time to write this wonderful review for us.I am glad to hear you found Hotel Tillman quiet, very clean & neat and staff friendly, courtesy and helpful.I will be sure to pass on the complement to my staff.We would be glad to have you stay with us on your visits to Clemson.

Thank You Once again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2015

I never write reviews, but I feel that this time, a review was warranted.

In the past couple months, I've stayed at around 30 hotels while interviewing around the country for jobs. I believe that the Hotel Tillman, for the price, was the nicest and cleanest hotel with the friendliest people and best breakfast that I found. The room was spotless and obviously newly renovated, and the breakfast the next morning was great with a clean dining room and constantly refilled food trays. The only negative thing I would say is that the bed was fairly firm, but I sleep on a pretty soft bed at home, and I'm picky.

Will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Nita P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tillman, responded to this review, January 16, 2015
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of our hotel. I appreciate your compliments, credited totally to our team at Hotel Tillman! They make taking care of people a top priority and I am grateful for them. It makes our day to hear positive comments from our guests. Thank you so much for being our guest and for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Clemson.

Been to Hotel Tillman? Share your experiences!