“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spears Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cheraw
Spears Guest House
You added Spears Guest House to your Saves list
228 Huger Street, Cheraw, SC 29520   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Cheraw B&B and Inns
Hartsville
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

We came to Cheraw for my 35th class reunion and stayed at The Spears Guest House. We had other friends staying with us there. I loved the in suite private bathrooms. The house was so cozy and very clean. The beds were comfortable. I loved that they had a grill in the backyard so we decided to grill out and had so much fun sitting in the back yard. The front porch in the morning was just perfect for coffee and reading the complimentary paper that arrive there everyday. The owners live across the street and were available if we needed anything. Needless to say they left no stone unturned and we did not have to call them for anything except to come and share a glass of wine with us in the backyard. I cannot tell you what a wonderful experience we had. If you are ever within earshot of Cheraw you must stop in and stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

What a pleasurable experience we had at Spear's Guest House. The rooms were squeaky clean and very comfortable. We really felt as though we were right at home. The "innkeepers" are so hospitable and are available to address any concerns (we had no concerns during our trip, but it is comforting to know they are a phone call away). The decor is stunning with attention to detail in each part of the house. We felt at home the entire time we visited. You will not be disappointed if you stay in this relaxing "down home" guest house.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Greenville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I can find nothing negative to say about our stay at Spears Guest House. We especially loved the location since I went to school in Cheraw. We are avid walkers and enjoyed walking the streets and down to the river. This is a very quiet, peaceful place to stay. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Lexington, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

The Spears Guest House is a home away from home. This is my choice of accommodations if I'm working anywhere in commuting distance.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Over the past four years I have traveled extensively for business throughout the Southeast. Ordinarily, I stay in chain hotels but prior to my first visit to Cheraw a colleague advised I stay with the Spears.
My first visit was a like no other business trip I had been on to date. I came away feeling like I had been away on a pleasure trip. The house was comfortable and accomodating, providing everything I could have needed but more importantly Larry and Kay personified southern hospitality to me. There laid back charm and deep roots in the area make them the perfect ambassadors for Cheraw and the Sand Hills region.
Over the last few years I have come to truly look forward to my visits to Cheraw and my time with the Spears. I suspect that I feel like many of their guests; that is to say that rather than finding just a nice place to stay I have also found friends in Cheraw.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

Kay and Larry made us feel welcome and we were delighted with the 2 to 3 hour conversation sitting on the swing or the rocking chairs on the front porch. This is a place you have to stay at. It's like staying at home in the four bedroom house with kitchen and sitting rooms available to you. Larry might just go across the street and get his guitar and sing a few songs. Kay you married the right Larry.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
rossbgeorgeiv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

There are no better hosts than the Spears. It has been several years since I stayed with them and I am sure that nothing is lacking from their hospitality to this day. They were friendly, helpful, and warm. I could not have asked for a better stay or better people to spend time with.

I learned about the area and I was very pleased with their friendliness.

Thank you Larry and Kay.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled on business

Been to Spears Guest House? Share your experiences!