“Amazingly Perfect!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 55 Hotels in Charleston
Laurens, South Carolina
“Amazingly Perfect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I shopped around online for the best hotel deal I could find, meaning pool, location, price, etc. I read all of the reviews for this place, looked at the pictures, and even called to get more information about the hotel. I am currently staying at this hotel and I am extremely satisfied with my choice. The pool area is phenomenal, the staff is very friendly, the beds are super comfortable, and oh my those bathrooms!!! CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN with an amazing walk-in shower! It is a luxurious stay without the luxury price and only a short drive to all of the fabulous perks of Charleston. This will be my family's Charleston home away from home from this trip on!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
We are honored by your Five Star review and wonderful comments on how impressed you have been with our family owned and operated hotel here in Charleston. I am so very glad that you felt "the pool area is phenomenal, the staff is very friendly, the beds are super comfortable, and oh my those bathrooms!!! CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN with an amazing walk-in shower!"
I am also pleased that you felt the hotel "is a luxurious stay without the luxury price and only a short drive to all of the fabulous perks of Charleston." Please come and see us again.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed here two nights in a two queen room. We were very happy to have an extra pull-out sofa in it's own separate space in the room. That little bit of extra space makes it so much more comfortable for our family of five! The spacious room, the Keurig coffee pot, and the welcoming pool were the highlights for us. The downsides were the breakfast and the location. This was the only hotel we stayed in during our two week roadtrip that didn't include breakfast, so that was a bit of a disappointment. The $15 voucher doesn't quite cover breakfast for two, let alone five, and there weren't any a la carte options, so it was all or nothing. My kids don't eat enough to make it worth the $8.99 fee for the buffet; however, for an adult, it's a great option, as it was a nice breakfast with several options. We really liked the enclosed (open air) pool, but we wished it had stayed open a little later. (It had a typical 10 pm closing time.) It was a great place to unwind after a busy day downtown or at the beach. I didn't think to map out the location to the places we wanted to go in Charleston - downtown and to the beach - so we were a little surprised by the driving we had to do, but it wasn't bad. It's just a little ways away, but the value was worth the drive. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of the hall on the first floor next to the exit, which was super-convenient...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
I am so glad to hear that you found our Two Queen Sleeper guestroom large and "comfortable for our family of five!" I was also pleased to hear that you liked "the spacious room, the Keurig coffee, and the welcoming pool"....as well as our "nice breakfast with several options". Thanks for noticing the outstanding value we provide for our guests and also for recommending us by saying you "would stay here again."
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was overall a great place to stay! Room was very clean and a good size - especially liked the bathroom that had a large, walk-in shower. Nice pool area with many tables and chairs - a perfect way to end the hot and humid days with the kids! Location was ideal for us -- it was an easy drive into the historical downtown area of Charleston, plus it was close to many other businesses (restaurants, etc.). Definitely one of the best places we stayed over the course of a two week road trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
We are so glad to hear that you thought our hotel was a "great place to stay!" and that you were impressed with our location, guestroom and bathrooms size, and the pool area. Pleased come and see us again when you return to Charleston!
Girard, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Newer Hotel with a Bar and Restaurant. Nice outside pool, but not too large. The room was clean and comfortable. Bed was comfortable as well. Hotel is close to restaurants and places to visit. Parking is at a premium close to your room unless you are early. A nice place to stay for a couple days.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor room.
Green Features: The Hotel was non-smoking. Room Cards were needed for entry at all doors other than the front door. Restrooms in the hallways. Clean and well maintained. Just some suttle issues as in the bathroom fan ran constantly (Annoying), maid carts blocking doors, room coffee machine produces grounds.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I am glad that we are your #1 choice and thanks for the compliments on our family owned and operated hotel. I did want to let you know that the fan noise you were referring to is the dehumidification system running. That is one of the reasons why our guestrooms are so crisp and fresh vs... moldy smelling. If there is anything I can do for you when you return to Charleston please let me know.
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the first time and what a surprise! Should it be downtown, the rate would have been much higher. Huge rooms, great staff, restaurant on-site, free parking, pool, etc. I can just go on and on. A big pluse for me was that it is on the bus line so I can get downtown to ride the trolley on my own while my husband was working.

Charleston is my favorite place and it seems everyone elses too. The rates downtown have just gone sky high for this type of quality hotel, especially during the summer travel season. This wonderful hotel is about 6 miles from downtown and defininately worth the lower rate. A special thank you to Pavia at the front desk for her hospitality.

Oh, the blush pink toilets and sinks are in the ladies restroom across from the Venue Salons and go perfectly with the gray granite. No, mens are white lol

Room Tip: second floor, main building, even room number, is quite as long as you stay away from the ice machin...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for the Five Star review and for the compliments on the "Huge rooms, great staff, restaurant on-site, free parking, pool, etc" ...We appreciate you taking the time to let the Trip Advisor community know about your fantastic experience. Please think of us for your next trip to Charleston.
Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Our family of four stayed two nights during our east coast car trip and we were very happy with the hotel and the stay. Friendly and helpful staff at the reception. A large family room with two queen beds and a sleeper sofa suited us just fine. The room and the hotel was very clean and tidy. Nice interior. Free wifi. Swimming pool outdoor and fitness room infdoor was good. The only area that the hotel should try to improve was the breakfast, which was ok but lacked the nicety that the rest of the hotel had. Good car parking at the hotel. It took us 10 minutes by car to downtown Charleston where we visited Fort Sumter, Slave Mart Museum and the market street.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks so much for the Five Star review. I am so glad to hear that you were "very happy with the hotel...the friendly and helpful staff" and that "the hotel was very clean and tidy...nice interior." Please come back and see us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is the second time my family and I have stayed here and I promise it won't be the last!! My wife does not like staying in a hotel mainly because of the beds and showers, but she absolutely loves this place!! First off, the bathrooms are fabulous!! Everything is spotless and very up to date! Even the towels and washcloths are wonderful! Then moving on to the beds!! It's the best sleep I have ever had on vacation!! Extremely comfortable sheets! Reminds me of being "home" while out of town. The swimming pool was extremely nice and had very comfortable
Outdoor furniture to sit on to relax. Every employee we encountered while walking through the hotel was very polite and friendly. There are several other positives to name and not one negative! We will ALWAYS stay at the town and country while visiting charleston!!!

Stayed July 2014
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
It was an absolute honor and a pleasure to read your Five Star review of our family owned and operate hotel. We want to thank you for your repeat business and for pointing out all that we have done to make your stay memorable each time that you have visited us. Please contact me directly for anything that you should need on your return to Charleston.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Been to Town & Country Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!