“Hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 54 Hotels in Charleston
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Wow! What a beautiful hotel about 5 miles out of downtown charleston. Recently remodeled with the finest amenities. Staff could not be more gracious. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Restaurant was fabulous. I would recommend it to everyone and will stay there everytime I visit charleston

• Stayed August 2013
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank do much for the comments on the hotel, the staff and the restaurant. We strive to make sure each and every guest feels like they are in their own home and I am glad that you felt comfortable and glad that you discovered our family owned and operated hotel. If there is ever anything I can do for you I the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 843-329-3340.
Erin T. England – Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

All I can say is good things about this place. Nice staff and amazing room. Comfortable beds with down. I slept hard. Stand up walk in shower and tub. Flat screen tv. I booked directly and got $15 towards breakfast which was very very good. Not a standard hotel breakfast at all! Will def stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you, thank you, thank you…! We so appreciate the kind words about our family’s hotel. We bend over backward to make sure folks are happy here and I am glad that you saw that. If there is ever anything I can do for you I the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 843-329-3340.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on a road trip down south. The front desk was very nice and the check in/out process was handled efficiently and quickly. The place has only two floors but is quite sprawling. We stayed in the back of the hotel and discovered we could park our car in the back an access it through back and side doors of the inn. The room was nice and clean for the most part. They have a mini fridge, keurig, hair dryer, and flat screen TVs in every room. There was also a separate bath and shower (very big). The bed was comfortable but a little saggy, my only cleanliness complaint is some questionable loose hairs on the comforter and sheet when we pulled back the bedding to get in. We receive a complimentary $15 voucher to use for restaruant dining and not room service. We went for breakfast the morning we left and the hostess in the buffet was extremely helpful and SO nice. She went above and beyond to accommodate us and we appreciated it! Really showed us some souther hospitality! We would definitely go back. Also seems like it would be a great place to stay on a business trip or to have a business conference at.

• Stayed July 2013
I am so glad that you were blown away with our family owned and operated hotel and had a great stay! Like you said if you want southern hospitality this is the place as we have been on the hotel business here in Charleston, SC for four consecutive generations. If there is ever anything I can do for you I the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 843-329-3340.
Raleigh, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed when visiting MUSC for a few days. Upon checkin, I was provided with a map of the hotel as well as a list of frequently asked questions and directions to commonly visited places in Charleston - this was a really nice touch. I also enjoyed the food vouchers for the hotel which I received for making a reservation on the hotel's website. Breakfast during the week is a buffet with eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, biscuits, delicious potatoes, pancakes, fruit, and juice. Coffee is extra but with the voucher I had breakfast for free. It was a delicious buffet.
The room was very nice - reminded me of a luxury hotel. Nice additional touches included the refrigerator and the Keurig coffee maker. The bathroom was bigger than average with a separate shower and tub.
The only cons with the room were there was no full length mirror and I had to jump up to see if everything looked ok from the waist down and the room was freezing. Supposedly I could control the temperature but it didn't feel like it.
There was a Piggly Wiggly close by so I stocked my fridge with a few snacks and healthy breakfast options. Paneras is a short drive down Orleans. MUSC was a 15 minute drive. 20 minutes with lots of traffic.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I am so glad you chose us for your stay in Charleston. I wanted to let you know that we are a family owned, family operated, and family created hotel and hotel brand…not a chain. I am honored that you had a such a great stay and also have the pleasure of telling you that as of today the hotel has oversized, custom designed full length mirrors in each of the guestrooms. I really hope you choose to come see us again at our family owned and operated hotel.
N.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Things still look new. Cleanliness was great. Beds and linens were very comfortable. Location was great for us . Pool was relaxing after a long day in the sun. We had a slight problem with the TV which the front desk went above our expectation in handling. Only reason it's not a 5 rating for me, no full length mirror. The only mirror was in the bathroom and being on the short side, couldn't see below my shoulders.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your strong endorsement of our family owned and operated hotel. We so appreciate that. I see that you have traveled around and know the difference between what we are offering and what you get in other hotels for the same or even a higher price. THANK YOU! I really hope you choose to come see us again at our family owned and operated hotel.
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just off the 17 Bridge before downtown Charleston. Great alternative to staying right in downtown especially if you have a car. It is affordable, clean, with many amenities that you surely will not find in boutique hotels. Microwave, Krueg coffee machine, separate tub and shower, nice pool, fitness center, large rooms. It is extremely reasonably priced. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed from Mon.-Fri. Our room was clean and neat. The bed was comfortable. The shower, separate from the tub, was large and nice. We stayed on the 2nd floor and didn't have any problems with noise.
There was a small refrigerator & microwave in the room, as well as a Keurig coffee maker. There was a safe in the closet large enough for a laptop on end.
We booked our room online, so received a $15 voucher for Trotters restaurant for each night that we stayed. We used that toward the breakfast buffet each morning, which included pancakes, grits, ham & bacon, biscuits & gravy, fruit and hash brown potatoes (during the week). The buffet was about $9 per person, so we ended up paying not quite $5 every morning in addition to the voucher. We like Starbucks coffee, so we didn't buy coffee at the restaurant but got it on the way to Charleston each day. Starbucks is located in Harris Teeters down the road. I would think that if you wanted to have coffee and not pay $2.50 for it at Trotters, that you could make it in your room with the Keurig & bring it with you.
We didn't use the pool, but it appeared to be a small one in an atrium setting. Parking was fine during the first part of the week, but was harder to find Thursday night.
Our stay here was fine, would stay here again.
I would like to see another towel rack or hooks put in the bathroom close to the shower. A full length mirror would also be helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so glad that you enjoyed your week’s stay with us and thanks for the business. This is a family owned and operated hotel so we take reviews and satisfaction with over the top focus and seriousness. I am glad to say that the oversize custom made full length mirrors have now been installed in the guestrooms as this addresses your suggestion. I really hope you choose to come see us again at our family owned and operated hotel.
Erin T. England – Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Been to Town & Country Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!