“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
Bellingham, Massachusetts
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Read lots of reviews of this hotel before booking. The good ones were true! The room was immaculate and spacious. The bed was the most comfortable one I have ever slept on. The staff was professional and friendly. The location was great for touring Charleston. Felt like a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for pointing out that the good reviews we receive about our hotel are true. We go to extraordinary lengths to make sure our guests are not just satisfied but truly happy that they chose us. Thanks so much for making that known and also for saying that you felt like you were in a five star hotel! If there is anything I can do for you in the future please contact me at 843-329-3302.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Sugar Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I were in Charleston the week of April 22 and picked this as the place to stay after reading other reviews. We could not have been more pleased. The staff was friendly and made you feel welcome. Room was spotless and the Kuerig coffee maker was tops. Refrigerator ,microwave , flat-screen, walk-in shower just SUPER. Restaurant very nice as was staff. Location was ideal for driving to all the sites we visited. We have decided we will return and see what we missed this trip and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We found the second floor was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
It is truly wonderful to hear that we gave you a wonderful experience and that you felt our hotel, staff, and location were outstanding. I am also happy to hear that you would definitely stay with us again. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please contact me at 843-329-3302.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel, the rooms are well appointed and clean, the bedding is of good quality and comfortable and we slept like babies with no outside noise to disturb us and the hotel was booked solid, the hotel rooms are set back away from the road so outside noise is not a factor. The location is in a nice area about a 12 min drive to downtown Charleston there is a Piggly Wiggly next door, a mall 3 min away, lots of great restaurants and shopping within min. The $15 vouchers they give you have to be used individually and on different days they are dated so be aware of that the lady at the front desk explained that when we checked in but we did notice a couple at the bar that did not realize that so I thought I better mention it. The only cons are that they do not have a hot tub by the pool it was unseasonably cold while we were there so it would have been nice, or if the pool was heated. The other thing was the tub doesn't have a shower so it's really only useful if you have children or like to take baths. The faucet in walk in shower is set back and there is no tap to switch so once it's on the shower is on, so when you turn it on you get shocked with cold water until it warms up, I would put a towel over the shower head turn it on step out and wait for it to warm up than go in and remove the towel. The breakfast was good with nice options and fresh. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Adios amigos!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for all the compliments you gave us on the quality and convenience of our new hotel as well as the food service in our restaurant Trotters. Thanks also for pointing out that that as an additional value, you received a $15.00 per day free food and beverage voucher for booking directly through the hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! If there is anything I can do for you in the future please contact me at 843-329-3302.
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed here on a visit to Charleston. Its a bit out of town but parking in Charleston is quite easy. Although quite expensive this place is almost faultless. I don't know how old this place is or if it has been refurbished recently but I could easily believe that we were the very first guests in our room. The decor, furnishings and linen was pristine. It is very luxurious with marble tops on all the furniture. The bathroom was large with a huge shower and separate bath. Breakfast was extra and I felt that at the price we paid for the room it should have been included. There is also a pool and a fitness room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I hear that you felt our hotel is how hotels should be is a real compliment!! This is a family owned, managed, and operated hotel and we all work here so that is an honor to all of us. Please come again and tell your friends about us. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please contact me at 843-329-3302.
Chocowinity, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Located 6 miles from downtown, The Town & Country Inn, was recently renovated. The rooms are first class, with tubs and a tiled walk in shower in each room. The bed was a pillow top and the amenities, such as a Kerig coffee maker in each room was first class. The room also came with a large flat screen TV and a small refrigerator. The only downside was that you needed to drive to the action. If you go, park in one of several municipal garages and spend the whole day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for pointing out that you feel we are Charleston's Best Value in hotels. Our philosophy with this hotel is to deliver vastly more quality, comfort, and convenience than you would normally receive at this price point. Thanks also for pointing out that you felt the hotel was first class. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please contact me at 843-329-3302.
Cantonment, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Definitely exceeded our expectations. Staff was friendly and welcoming and went out of our way to insure that we enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was very good. Rooms were exceptionally clean and well appointed. Huge motel but easy to navigate. Great parking. We were well pleased with our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
I am so glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations and am honored that you took the time to give us a review. Thanks for the compliments on the breakfast in our on-site restaurant, Trotters, our guestrooms and their decor, and the plentiful parking. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please contact me at 843-329-3302.
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband, friends and I just arrived here last night. During check-in we had a misunderstanding about a AAA discount and breakfast vouchers. Erin, the Director of Sales & Guest Satisfaction, was quick to talk to us and handle the miscommunication. He was extremely patient, kind and helpful. The guest service that we received truly was outstanding! He made us feel at home and went out of his way to make sure we were satisfied, even went as far as to check on us this morning. He is a wonderful manager and you can see he cares about every detail, wanting every guest to feel welcome and happy. (I noticed him walking around and talking to all the other guests at breakfast today, too.) That level of excellent hospitality is carried out throughout all of the staff! I come to Charleston often and normally stay in B&B's because I love the welcoming atmosphere, but this hotel has won me over from here on out! It is impeccibly clean, the rooms are gorgeous, the beds are incredibly comfortable. We stayed in the king air bath junior suite and it is fantastic! So relaxing. The pool was wonderful (not too cold, just right!) and the exercise room is clean and has all the basics (good treadmill!). Breakfast at Trotters was delicious and filling and our server was so friendly! We booked here (versus a B&B) because the of the great reviews and I am blown away. This exceeds everything I hoped for! You definitely get 5-star quality here, everything is new and very luxurious. I am looking forward to the remainder of my stay and I know that next time I visit, I WILL stay here.

Room Tip: The king airbath junior suite is worth it! The air bath is so relaxing!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Wow!!! I am so honored to read your kind review and I deeply appreciate that you took the time to let others know about your wonderful experience here in our hotel. Everything you said from the importance of our guests being happy to the details of the hotel that you appreciated and enjoyed mean the world to a family owned business like ours. Thanks so much for your endorsement and words of encouragement. If there is anything I can do to make your next stay more comfortable please do not hesitate to let me know at 843-329-3302.

Erin T. England – Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Been to Town & Country Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!