“Sweet Spot” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 54 hotels in Charleston
Louisville, Kentucky
“Sweet Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

A work trip took me to Charleston this week and one of my local clients recommended that I stay at the Town and Country Inn and Suites during this latest trip. I had seen this hotel in passing and had heard that the lunch buffet there was a local favorite but had always stayed nearby.

I was truly impressed with the hotel - the guestrooms were very nicely done - brand new, sleek and modern. Mine was a kitchen suite - an upgrade provided to me at a discounted price (much appreciated) due to no availability of what they call contemporary kings - so it was spacious. There were two queen beds with lofty white duvets (plush). Kitchen had microwave, large refridge, sink, counter space and cabinets. Guest reception service was friendly. Great internet service (free) and ample desk area allowed me to conduct business. Large flat screen.

$15 voucher per day for food - I stayed two days and used one for breakfast and one for dinner in the restaurant because I was eating breakfast out one day. That was a pleasant offering - not expected. Food was good and service attentive. One night got room service. Note that the voucher does not apply to room service which was explained to me at check in and I was fine with that.

I will stay again for sure. Good rates, voucher a $15 per day plus. New fitness center, beautifully landscaped pool. Close proximity to key areas of town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Wow! I appreciate your very detailed review of our new hotel. I am glad you appreciated the new hotel and thought it was sleek and modern. Thanks for pointing out all that you received for the rate you paid as well as the $15 per day Food and Beverage Voucher. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know at 843-329-3302.

664 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Beaufort, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We only had one night to stay but would've loved to stay longer. Check in and check out were a breeze. The room was beautiful. We had a king sized bed that was extremely comfortable. I have hip problems and my husband has back problems that usually give us a fit when we sleep in any bed other than our own (and somethimes even then!). We both raved about how comfortable the bed was! The room had a flat screen wall mounted TV, a mini fridge, a microwave, and a Keurig with a nice assortment of coffees and teas. The bathroom had a huge walk-in glass shower as well as a tub. All of the linens were very thick, not threadbare like in most hotels. Nice fluffy towels and washcloths, thick sheets, etc. In fact the duvet was almost too thick! We just turned the thermostat down we we got too hot! We will absolutely be staying here on our next trip to Charleston!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad to hear that you would have loved to stay longer! That says it all! Thanks also for the wonderful compliements on the bedding, and walk in shower. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please feel free to contact me at 843-329-3302.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here, since she has recently received a job in Charleston and they flew us to Charleston so that we could apartment hunt before moving. By far, staying at this hotel was the easiest part of our stay, when we first walked in we were immediately greeted by the gracious staff who was more than welcoming, even gave us an apartment hunting book to which help us with our search. We went to our room and discovered it to be simply amazing, best shower I've ever seen or been in, huge shower with tile and a glass door. In the room, two beautiful leather chairs, a huge flat screen tv and a amazingly comfortable bed. The breakfast in the morning is possibley the most amazing array of food I've ever seen displayed in front of me, ever! Anything you could want, eggs, pankcakes, French toast, grits, biscuits, sasuage gravy, bacon, and a custom omelette station/crepe station. Overall this hotel is amazing

• Stayed January 2013
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Your review of our new hotel was a delight to read! Thanks so much for all the compliments on our guestrooms, showers, furniture, bedding, and and the food in our restaurant. Please tell your friends as we have just re-opened after a 2.5 year rebuild.
Zionville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I had never been to Charleston before. Unfortunately, we had the the opportunity to go twice in the past week for medical appointments at the Medical University of South Carolina. We checked Tripadvisor and found that most of the downtown hotels were way out of pricerange. The Town & Country Suites were much more reasonable and had very favorable reviews. After both of our visits, we were very pleased with our stay.

As many people have commented, the hotel is still undergoing rennovations. There is scaffolding across the front, and we almost missed the turn because it did look like a hotel.

What impressed me:

#1 Cleanliness- The rooms were spotless, as well as the rest of the hotel. The cleaning staff kept the rooms perfect each day as well.

#2 Security- We felt very secure. Keycard entry is required for after hours. I did pass a security guard checking doors one night as well. Make sure you take you card with you at night. I went to the front desk with a question, and I had to use my key card just to go back to the rooms from the office area.

#3 Staff- Everyone that I dealt with from the front desk to the restaurant were very courteous. The front desk provided us with directions to restaurants and shopping areas.

#4 Breakfast- The first stay was on a weekend, so we were able to have the weekend breakfast buffet. The 2nd stay was on a weekday, which still had a buffet, but on a smaller scale. I overate both times: pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage/bacon, biscuits, grits, fruit, hashbrowns just to name a few. Right now, the hotel includes a $15 food voucher with each night's stay. For my wife and I this took care of most if not all of the bill for the two of us. Coffee is extra if you want your cup of joe in the morning.

#5 Rooms- The rooms were very spacious. Flat screen TVs on the wall, sitting areas, mini fridge, Keurig coffee makers with tea and coffee, incredibly spacious bathrooms with the biggest showers that I've ever seen in hotel.

#6 Value- We did get a AAA discount as well. Especially when you compare the price of this hotel to some of the others downtown in Charleston, you're really getting a good deal.

#7 Location- For some people, the location might be not be a plus since it is not right in the heart of downtown. For us, this was a really good spot. It was only about a 7-8 minute drive to the hospital. You have quick access to I-526. There are several good eating options nearby- Ruby Tuesday is right across the street. The Citadel Mall is just a few blocks away.

Of course, nothing is perfect. There were a couple of things that I would recommend. On our first stay, I was looking for the exercise room. I followed the signs in the hallways, but was unable to find it. I checked with the front desk, thinking that I was missing it. While the signs are up, the exercise room has not been completed yet.

Another thing to be aware of is the layout of the hotel. It is perhaps the longest hotel that I have ever seen. From front to back, it's about a two minute walk to the lobby. When you go to many of the rooms, it closer to drive around to a side entrance rather than park in the front.

The hotel did have a nice looking pool near the lobby, big and spacious. Of course it was too cold this time of year to use. I did not see a hot tub/jacuzzi in this area.

The pillows on the beds are very big. If you like a flat pillow, you might want to bring your own.

Still, these things were just a few bumps in the road. They did not detract from our overall experience. We hope to come back to Charleston without a medical visit so we can bring the children, When we do, we'll certainly look here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a regular king room which was really spacious. There are jacuzzi suites available.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your detailed review of our new hotel. While the hotel section has just completed a $7,000,000 rebuilt, the renovations to the lobby, lobby exterior, restaurant and lounge will be competed later this spring. We are making every effort to not interrrupt or inconvenience our guests during this process. I also wanted to point out that our new fitness center will be up and running by Jan 11th. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.
Boone, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Attractive decor and furnishings in our room, bed especially comfortable.
Excellent buffet breakfast - not complimentary but the $10 coupon helped.
Overall a nice property. Wish these items had been better:
Fitness center closed - we were told due to renovations but no renovation appeared to be underway in that portion.
Desk clerk "Susannah" on Thurs. 12/27/12 was cool and unfriendly, needs hospitality training.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
I appreciate your bringing to my attention any unpleasant experince you may have encountered here in our hotel. I assure you we train our staff constantly. Having said that it appears that our procedures were not being followed by one of our team members that night. I am getting to the bottom of that issue and assure you that it be be resolved fully. Our new fitness center is indeed under construction and should be fully equipped and operational by January 11, 2013.
Walterboro, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our Night at the Town and Country Inn & Suites was a Very Warm and Wonderful Experience.
The Hotel has always been a Beautiful Place to visit for a Weekend or Week while visiting Historical Charleston, but with the New Renovations in The Appearance and the New Luxury Rooms made this an Extra Special Stay. The Room was absolutely lovely, with the Most Wonderful Luxurious Bed. Warm Lighting, and access to a Separate Large Shower which had had shower jets.:) and a Whirlpool Tub which was a vacation for me alone.. the granite tops and marble floors added that extra touch of elegance. The Room itself was Very, Very Comfortable with all the amenities. Flat Screen on the Wall, Beautiful drapes, and décor, the Coffee area complete with Microwave and refrigerator. Trotter's Restaurant is located in the Hotel, which we could not resist the Breakfast Buffett it was absolutely Wonderful plenty of food choices in fact I can't remember anything that was left out of the serving selections. There was a pool near our Room which was Very Lovely with Wonderful landscaping, plan on going back in the Spring to enjoy that very Pool while visiting Downtown which is only 15 minutes from Historical Charleston. There is a Shopping Mall 5 minutes from the Hotel and an Outlet Shopping Area 15 minutes off Interstate 26. I would definitely recommend staying especially for resting in a clean, relaxing, comfortable nights rest after a day of touring the sights of Charleston, S.C. I assure you will enjoy the staff, the Beauty and comfort of the Room, and the Excellent Staff.

Go see for yourself, You will not be disappointed.
Stayed December 2012 with Husband

Room Tip: Since this was a little extra time for My Husband and I to share we stayed in the Boutique Suite and...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Wow!!! Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your fantastic experience with us. We really appreciate your wonderful review of our new hotel! Thanks for all the compliments on the guestrooms, the resuarant, and outdoor pool patio as well. If there is ever anything I can do for you please feel free to contact me directly at 843-329-3302.
Marion, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We just spent three nights in your hotel and overall it was a good experience. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Our room was far enough in the back you could not hear the road noise. Most of the staff was friendly with the exception of one woman on duty the night we checked in 12/27/12. Her vocabulary consisted of one word "NO" and she was very unfriendly. The only other concern I have is the "pet friendly" issue. I hope there are a certain selection of rooms that applies to as I am allergic to dog dander. Also someone brought their dog into Trotter's for breakfast and I'm sure that is against health inspection code!

Room Tip: King Jr. suite is perfect for couples.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our new hotel. I am terribly sorry to hear that you were not pleased wih one of our guest services representatives. I will take care of that issue promtly. Regarding pets please do not worry as we no longer allow pets in the hotel. I appreciate your concern for the dog being in the restaurant that day but allow me to point out that the dog you mentioned was a service animal so we cannot deny access based on a service animal being present.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Been to Town & Country Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!