“First rate - aside from location” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$15 in F&B Vouchers
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Charleston
Seattle, WA
“First rate - aside from location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is well outside the 'old town' of Charleston, so you can't walk anywhere interesting and there is no view except of the parking lot. :)

But if you are driving, and are looking for a really nice place to relax/sleep while touring Charleston during the day, this is actually first-rate. Everything is new as of December 2012.

I personally use a hotel as a place to rest up after a hard day of 'tourism', and don't care about the hotel itself as a destination. Fantastic bed, bathroom, bubbly tub, etc., all new.

Go here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thanks so much for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new hotel guestrooms and services. As you pointed out we are not located in downtown Charleston but we are a short 7-10 minute drive from downtown Charleston. In exchange for that short drive, we provide downtown amenities, services, and guestroom comfort for hundred of dollars less per night. As a result, our suburban location allows us to provide the total level of experience that we do for such a low price. Thanks again for your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future and continue to earn your business.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The hotel had recently undergone renovations which were carefully thought out, and well-executed....with attention to details, and consideration for customer convenience! Our room & the public areas were very clean, and the staff was friendly & helpful. There is a very nice restaurant right off the lobby of the hotel -- a bit 'pricey', considering ambiance & location, but great food....& very nice to have close by after a busy day of sight-seeing & shopping in Charleston!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
The title of yoru review says everything that we would hope to hear from our guests..."Very Impressed." I also very much appreciate you pointing out that our renovations have been carefully thought out and well executed with attention to details and customer convenience.
If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.
Richmond Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is a really good hotel, the seafood buffet on a Friday night is awesome, and the breakfast buffet is very very good, a real cooked buffet and the link sausages are spectacular, wish I could buy them in the grocery store. There is also a shopping mall right next to the hotel, complete with liquor store.... don't be misled by the construction work going on out front...

Room Tip: Gave the spa an excellent rating because I had to, to get the review accepted. But didn't use th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your loyal business and for returning to see us! I am pleased that you enjoyed the Friday night seafood buffet and the gigantic breakfast buffet we serve in Trotters Restaurant here in the hotel. Also thanks for pointing out that while we are finishing up our $12,000,000 renovation we are making every effort not to disturb our valued guests.
Folly Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the Town & Country Inn & Suites in Charleston SC. I was greeted at the front desk with a warm smile and southern hospitality. The lobby was very attractive with Trotter's Restaurant welcoming diners just a few steps away from the reception desk. Upon entering my suite I noticed the pleasing color sheme and the cleaniness of the room. It had a "spa" feel to it. The attention to detail is obvious and everything was new. A small but welcome amenity was the closet light activated by opening the closet door. A safe was also provided to store my valuables. The comfortable chairs and foot stools beckoned me to sit and relax under the gently turning ceiling fan while browsing through the complimentary new and interesting local magazines on the nearby desk. While lounging in the chair I noticed the beautiful window treatments and the large flat screen television on the lovely furniture piece that would be welcome in any fine home. Pulling back the drapes I was treated to the view of the inviting courtyard pool area complete with cushioned lounge chairs. The bathroom was spotless and stocked with plush towels.
The glass enclosed shower with double shower heads was a treat after a day of travel and meetings. I loved the green accessories and complimentary high end bath amenities.
The bed and linens were extremely comfortable and provided me a sound night of sleep.
Although I didn't take advantage of the bathroom garden tub or the lovely pool area I sincerely will do so on my future stays at the Town & Country Inn & Suites in the beautiful city of Charleston SC.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wow! What a tremendous review of our new hotel! Thanks for taking the time to let us know how impressed you were. I am glad that you pointed out that our new suites have a "Spa" like feel to them and that the attention to detail was obvious in our new guestrooms.
If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.
Indiana, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We knew the hotel was under construction but boy, pulling up in our car on a rainy, dark night, we didn't know what we might be getting ourselves in to! Front of hotel didn't have much lighting (perhaps because the exterior is under repair) and I thought maybe we had made a mistake. Especially because the hotel's website (what we used to book) was quite lacking for this day and age.

But when we got to our room, we were very happy and could see why other travellers wrote good reviews. The room was spacious, clean, very up-to-date, and comfortable.

Overall pros:
- nice room, great bathroom for a $100/night hotel
- friendly enough service
- within 10 minutes of downtown Charleston but far cheaper than downtown hotels
- near Piggly Wiggly grocery store
- great potential to look nice on outside too once construction is completed in early 2013
- cost low, and we got a voucher towards Trotters, their hotel restaurant

Cons:
- Trotter's breakfast was overly priced and not that great. Service not good. Cold pancakes. It's a buffet for $9.95/pp, which they didn't even tell us when we arrived. It was sort of assumed we knew what we needed to do, which we didn't! Would have been sorely disappointed if we hadn't had the voucher to cover part of the meal cost.

Overall, we'd go back and just avoid the restaurant! Panera is 4 minutes away.

Room Tip: There's really no view anywhere so it doesn't matter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for pointing out how happy you were and for being patient with our renovation to be completed by March 2013. I am also glad you felt our new guestrooms were spacious, clean, very up to date and comfortable. Our new website went live just after you booked so please re-visit our new website.
Greenville SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel. The new rooms are spacious with the best bed I have found in my travels. The location is convienient to Historic Charleston -appx 10 min drive. The Trotters Restaurant offers great food at resonable prices. I will stay here again and know you will enjoy your stay as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We are genuinly honored that you said we have "the best bed you have found in my travels" as we have gone to great lengths to make sure our new hotel guestrooms are supremely comfortable for our valued guests. Thanks also for your praise of our convenient location to downtown Charleston and our onsite restaurant, Trotters. Thanks also for saying that you would definitely stay with us again!
If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know at 843-329-3302.
Erin T. England - Director of Saler and Guest Satisfaction
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was an amazing hotel! The comfort of the beds were outstanding! My girlfriends and I keep talking about how wonderful the comforter and the pillows were. I am even asking for an exact comforter and pillow for Christmas!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the comfort of our beds, comforters, and pillows and that you were asking for them for Christmas!!! That is a great compliment indeed!
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Been to Town & Country Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!