“Thank you for a lovely stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
DIRECT BOOKING SPECIAL
Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Charleston
Folly Beach
“Thank you for a lovely stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the Town & Country Inn & Suites in Charleston SC. I was greeted at the front desk with a warm smile and southern hospitality. The lobby was very attractive with Trotter's Restaurant welcoming diners just a few steps away from the reception desk. Upon entering my suite I noticed the pleasing color sheme and the cleaniness of the room. It had a "spa" feel to it. The attention to detail is obvious and everything was new. A small but welcome amenity was the closet light activated by opening the closet door. A safe was also provided to store my valuables. The comfortable chairs and foot stools beckoned me to sit and relax under the gently turning ceiling fan while browsing through the complimentary new and interesting local magazines on the nearby desk. While lounging in the chair I noticed the beautiful window treatments and the large flat screen television on the lovely furniture piece that would be welcome in any fine home. Pulling back the drapes I was treated to the view of the inviting courtyard pool area complete with cushioned lounge chairs. The bathroom was spotless and stocked with plush towels.
The glass enclosed shower with double shower heads was a treat after a day of travel and meetings. I loved the green accessories and complimentary high end bath amenities.
The bed and linens were extremely comfortable and provided me a sound night of sleep.
Although I didn't take advantage of the bathroom garden tub or the lovely pool area I sincerely will do so on my future stays at the Town & Country Inn & Suites in the beautiful city of Charleston SC.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Wow! What a tremendous review of our new hotel! Thanks for taking the time to let us know how impressed you were. I am glad that you pointed out that our new suites have a "Spa" like feel to them and that the attention to detail was obvious in our new guestrooms.
If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Indiana, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We knew the hotel was under construction but boy, pulling up in our car on a rainy, dark night, we didn't know what we might be getting ourselves in to! Front of hotel didn't have much lighting (perhaps because the exterior is under repair) and I thought maybe we had made a mistake. Especially because the hotel's website (what we used to book) was quite lacking for this day and age.

But when we got to our room, we were very happy and could see why other travellers wrote good reviews. The room was spacious, clean, very up-to-date, and comfortable.

Overall pros:
- nice room, great bathroom for a $100/night hotel
- friendly enough service
- within 10 minutes of downtown Charleston but far cheaper than downtown hotels
- near Piggly Wiggly grocery store
- great potential to look nice on outside too once construction is completed in early 2013
- cost low, and we got a voucher towards Trotters, their hotel restaurant

Cons:
- Trotter's breakfast was overly priced and not that great. Service not good. Cold pancakes. It's a buffet for $9.95/pp, which they didn't even tell us when we arrived. It was sort of assumed we knew what we needed to do, which we didn't! Would have been sorely disappointed if we hadn't had the voucher to cover part of the meal cost.

Overall, we'd go back and just avoid the restaurant! Panera is 4 minutes away.

Room Tip: There's really no view anywhere so it doesn't matter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for pointing out how happy you were and for being patient with our renovation to be completed by March 2013. I am also glad you felt our new guestrooms were spacious, clean, very up to date and comfortable. Our new website went live just after you booked so please re-visit our new website.
Greenville SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel. The new rooms are spacious with the best bed I have found in my travels. The location is convienient to Historic Charleston -appx 10 min drive. The Trotters Restaurant offers great food at resonable prices. I will stay here again and know you will enjoy your stay as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We are genuinly honored that you said we have "the best bed you have found in my travels" as we have gone to great lengths to make sure our new hotel guestrooms are supremely comfortable for our valued guests. Thanks also for your praise of our convenient location to downtown Charleston and our onsite restaurant, Trotters. Thanks also for saying that you would definitely stay with us again!
If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know at 843-329-3302.
Erin T. England - Director of Saler and Guest Satisfaction
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was an amazing hotel! The comfort of the beds were outstanding! My girlfriends and I keep talking about how wonderful the comforter and the pillows were. I am even asking for an exact comforter and pillow for Christmas!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the comfort of our beds, comforters, and pillows and that you were asking for them for Christmas!!! That is a great compliment indeed!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on 11/25-11/26. What a great hotel! I did read the reviews prior to making my reservation so I was aware of the construction. Behind all of that construction, however, is a gem. The staff was friendly, the rooms are spacious, the bed was so comfortable. On my next trip to Charleston, I will definitely book a room with you guys! Thanks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I am honored with your review and the compliments you gave our new hotel. Thanks so much for pointing out that you felt our hotel is a "gem" as well as your comments on the guestrooms, bedding and hotel staff. I am even further honored by your mentioning that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Charleston. If there is ever anythig I can do for you please let me know at 843-329-3302.
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

When we first drove up, all I could see was scaffolding, and thought we were at a boarded up hotel. But inside, most renovations are complete, and the rooms are very nice. The bed was super comfortable (think Westin Heavenly beds), rooms very quiet, and clean, with a small refrigerator, and free internet/wi fi. The breakfast at the buffet was good (though one little annoying surprise - the buffet is a certain price (8.99, I think), but they charge an extra $2.50 for coffee! However, when we checked in they gave us coupons for $15.00 to use each day). Great location also - many great restaurants on the Savannah highway toward town. We ate at the Glass Onion and at Al Di La - both very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I am glad to hear that you so enjoyed your stay and honored us with a wonderful review of our new hotel. Thanks for pointing out that while the exterior renovations of the hotel lobby are not yet complete the interior is quite surprising and helps to reinforce our model of delivering overwhelming value to our guests and surpassing their expectations. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please call me directly at 843-329-3302.
Great Guana Cay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Way beyond expectation, even after being told of its renovation. A 5 star place with a 2 star price.
Close to the historic district, as nice as the nicest places there. Room and bathroom first rate. All you would expect at double or triple the price. The morning Buffett puts other to shame. Huge and fresh on weekends. Omelette and crepe station on the weekends. Great staff. On your next, or first trip, to Charleston give this place a try.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suites with the whirlpools.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your review. What you said is exactly what we are hoping our guests will say and think "Way Beyond Expectation" and "A 5 Star place with a 2 star price"
Our model here is to far surpass anything you have previousley experienced regarding value in a hotel. Thanks again for your comments. My direct number is 843-329-3302 if you need anything in the future. I hope to see you again soon.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest satisfaction

Been to Town & Country Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!