“Girls weekend Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 54 hotels in Charleston
Atlanta, Georgia
“Girls weekend Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was an amazing hotel! The comfort of the beds were outstanding! My girlfriends and I keep talking about how wonderful the comforter and the pillows were. I am even asking for an exact comforter and pillow for Christmas!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the comfort of our beds, comforters, and pillows and that you were asking for them for Christmas!!! That is a great compliment indeed!
If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know at 843-329-3302.

660 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on 11/25-11/26. What a great hotel! I did read the reviews prior to making my reservation so I was aware of the construction. Behind all of that construction, however, is a gem. The staff was friendly, the rooms are spacious, the bed was so comfortable. On my next trip to Charleston, I will definitely book a room with you guys! Thanks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I am honored with your review and the compliments you gave our new hotel. Thanks so much for pointing out that you felt our hotel is a "gem" as well as your comments on the guestrooms, bedding and hotel staff. I am even further honored by your mentioning that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Charleston. If there is ever anythig I can do for you please let me know at 843-329-3302.
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

When we first drove up, all I could see was scaffolding, and thought we were at a boarded up hotel. But inside, most renovations are complete, and the rooms are very nice. The bed was super comfortable (think Westin Heavenly beds), rooms very quiet, and clean, with a small refrigerator, and free internet/wi fi. The breakfast at the buffet was good (though one little annoying surprise - the buffet is a certain price (8.99, I think), but they charge an extra $2.50 for coffee! However, when we checked in they gave us coupons for $15.00 to use each day). Great location also - many great restaurants on the Savannah highway toward town. We ate at the Glass Onion and at Al Di La - both very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I am glad to hear that you so enjoyed your stay and honored us with a wonderful review of our new hotel. Thanks for pointing out that while the exterior renovations of the hotel lobby are not yet complete the interior is quite surprising and helps to reinforce our model of delivering overwhelming value to our guests and surpassing their expectations. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please call me directly at 843-329-3302.
bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Way beyond expectation, even after being told of its renovation. A 5 star place with a 2 star price.
Close to the historic district, as nice as the nicest places there. Room and bathroom first rate. All you would expect at double or triple the price. The morning Buffett puts other to shame. Huge and fresh on weekends. Omelette and crepe station on the weekends. Great staff. On your next, or first trip, to Charleston give this place a try.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suites with the whirlpools.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your review. What you said is exactly what we are hoping our guests will say and think "Way Beyond Expectation" and "A 5 Star place with a 2 star price"
Our model here is to far surpass anything you have previousley experienced regarding value in a hotel. Thanks again for your comments. My direct number is 843-329-3302 if you need anything in the future. I hope to see you again soon.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest satisfaction
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We booked the hotel because of its great Tripadvisor ratings and were really happy with our choice!

The hotel was newly renovated so everything was new and clean, it was really pleasant. Especially the bed (thank you, for the duvet - finally a hotel that does not just simply lay a blanket over some loose sheets, were one tries to avoid touching it, but a covered duvet!) and the bathroom (walk in shower and bathtub!) stood out. There was no noise from the highway or the renovations audible in our rooms.

The service was really nice, full marks! Furthermore the location was also very good. Very easy to access and just a 15min ride to Downtown.

Just one remark: for breakfast vouchers were included in the price. As you get only one voucer for breakfast (value is at 10$), breakfast can get a bit more expensive than expected - especially because coffee is not included. While the breakfast was good - lots of choices (pancakes, sausages, eggs, ...) I am not a fan of 'excluding' breakfast from the room price. If breakfast is not included and a voucher is given I find it not a really good idea to not include coffee. I know you can make yourself coffee in the room, but it's not the same. To me coffee is a basic, THE basic of breakfast. I would have liked to get my morning coffee for free.

Other than that the stay was really great, I'd recommend the hotel to any friend who cannot or doesn't want to stay downtown.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! I am glad you were happy with your choice to stay with us and am so pleased that you thought highly of our new guestrooms, the service you received and our convenient location to downtown Charleston. Please let me point out a few things to keep in mind regarding food service and our value plan. Part of the value offering at our hotel is that our guestrooms are priced at limited service pricing yet we still provide full service hotel amenities including a large and locally popular restaurant onsite. Our restaurant, Trotters, serves a gigantic hot buffett style breakfast with actual waiters, real china, and silverware instead of a "free" breakfast one might find in a limited service hotel that would naturally not include any of the above items. Since we provide that optional guest amenity we must charge for those who choose to have our large breakfast BUT as part of our value plan we give a $15 per day Food and Beverage credit to those guests who book directly with the hotel vs a $10 per day credit for those who book through an online travel agent. I very much appreciate your stay with us and I sincerely hope you will select us again in the future.
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We attended a Couples Retreat here...what an absolutely wonderful experience all the way around! I highly recommend this hotel!! Very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel itself is already gorgeous and they're renovating. Our room was very clean and spacious--had a nice sitting area, huge flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, a Keurig, gorgeous bathroom, and the bed was soooooooo comfortable...let's just say I'd love to have that bed, linen, and pillows in my bedroom!!! We also enjoyed the FULL buffet breakfast--too many delicious items to name--and if you like cheesecake (with strawberries) and carrot cake, be sure to try some...with your Keurig coffee or tea in your room...yummmmmm!! Would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so glad to learn of your wonderful experience with us! We have strived to make our new hotel as comfortable and stocked with full service amenities just as you would find in a much more expensive full service hotel and I am so glad that you feel you got a great value. I look forward to serving you again in the future!
Erin T. England - Directof of Sales and Guest Satisfaction
Johns Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of staying in the Ashley Suite for our anniversary. This is also the same hotel we stayed in on the night we got married twelve years ago. The rebuild of this hotel has brought it up to date with no short cuts. The rooms are luxurious, the bathroom was AWESOME, the linens are fresh and the service of the staff was beyond accommodating. We ordered breakfast room service and the food was great. All in all, this is five star accommodations at less than five star pricing - and it is close to downtown Charleston, West Ashley and North Charleston shopping as well as being conveniently located as to the Charleston Airport. Would stay here again anytime I am lodging in Charleston, SC.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thanks for honoring us again with your selection for your anniversary stay. I am so glad to hear that our newly rebuilt hotel gave the feel of Five Star quality and service at at affordable price. Thanks also for the compliments on the bathrooms, bedding and the room service you ordered. Repeat guests such as yourself are the highest compliement we could have so thanks again for this honor! Please contact me directly for your next stay at 843-329-3302 and I will be glad to make any special arrangements you may desire.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Been to Town & Country Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!